━━━━ 𝑪𝒆𝒅𝒓𝒊𝒄 𝑩𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒎𝒊𝒓𝒆

"The gods abandoned me.
Why should I pity them now?"

Born in the very distant and very poor town of Whitpharr, Cedric Blackmire's life marked what his people thought was an age of blessings. With celestial blood coursing through his veins, Cedric lived a simple life as an aasimar among humans. He trained under a wise alchemist who taught him the ways of the ever changing world, and Cedric was content. He had food, a family, a mentor, and love. 

But then the Blight came. 

Refugees fleeing from an unknown war spread the deadly disease through his small town and soon Cedric himself was dying from the unknown illness. With friends and family dying at a rapid speed, Cedric's mentor, with his dying breath, sent Cedric deep into the forest in search of an ancient book hidden deep within a rotting tree. Finding the book, he quickly began creating the strange potion detailed in the worn pages—the Hunter's Bane. 

Quickly he imbibed the mixture in hopes of a cure for the Blight, and he fell even more violently ill. He awoke the next day void of the Blight, and he rushed to his town to give the last of the mixture to those suffering, but instead of healing him as it did for him, the Hunter's Bane swiftly killed each and every person who drank it. Cedric was banished at the age of seventeen, and he wandered the world for years without food, a family, his mentor, and love. He would learn over time that giving his life to the Hunter's Bane would also obliterate his celestial ties to the heavens. Once an angel in human form, he was marked as fallen. 

Cedric thought he was alone in the sense of what he was—a Blood Hunter, but, of course, Cedric was wrong. A beastly phantom of his past, a man he thought he had killed with the Hunter's Bane, named Avarice is out for blood with a deadly plan for the resurgence of Blood Hunters worldwide.