━━━━ [ T H R E E ] refuge

She'll string you along and she'll sell you a lie
But there's nothing but pain on the edge of a knife
And there is no courage in flirting with fear
To prove you're alive

Overall this session mostly was comprised of the party exploring and shopping throughout Emeria!

But before all the shopping, the group was lead to their individual rooms that the Duchess provided for them. While speaking between themselves after Mortimer said that he would be staying with Harrison to care for him, they hear what sounds like a guard tripping or slipping on something with a loud clanging of his armor and cries. Rushing to the scene, they watch as a bewildered and cursing guard stalks off down the corridor, and distinct giggling can be heard from underneath a small table draped in fine cloth. Cedric lifts up the cloth to reveal two boys that share the exact same face...

Meet Jacob and David! These two trouble makers are the twin sons of the Duchess and they're about eleven/twelve years old years old. They share Elaina's piercing pale blue eyes, but their complexion differs their mother entirely with tanner skin adorned with freckles and a mop of darker dirty blond hair atop their heads. 

The group interrogate them for a short while asking what they were up to, but the boys deflect their questions by asking about them and their adventures as well as what happened in Pinesgrove. The boys are very interested in all of them and their stories--but they both specifically marvel at Cedric and his sword as well as his muscles. This brings about the iconic line from Cedric when he tells the twins:

"I could kill a man with one of my punches."

"Punch David!"

"HEY!"

Lorelei immediately adores the twins because of her own personal connection to mischief as a child, and Calypso is amused by the boys and their antics. After some talking the boys request a "favor" from the party to help them break into their mother's private study to look for something. They agree in return of two favors from the boys just in case something goes wrong. 

And out the party goes into Emeria to spend their money!!

They first visit "Tilly's Enchanted Tailor Shop" which is run by an excitable gnome woman with a mane of untamable curly blonde hair and large round glasses. In her shop are mannequins that pose to show off the items they wear, specifically dresses, shirts, and magical cloaks. Also in Tilly's shop are pairs of enchanted boots than dash about her store on their own accord, usually getting in her way to prompt her to yell at them to behave. 

Lorelei, first off-put that she is buying clothes from a gnome, quickly realizes that Tilly is fantastic at her job and VERY fast. Tilly takes her back to a measuring room to fit her in a fancy green dress that looks stunning on her. Lorelei buys the dress and also forces Calypso to buy a very beautiful lace black dress, and she also talks Cedric into buying a suit he absolutely didn't need.