Chapter 3

"...so, this is why I think it would be wiser if we introduce our products in a reasonable price that can be affordable by all. That's my idea. Any questions, ladies and gentlemen?" I directed my attention to the people sitting in the conference room as I ended my presentation.

From my periphery, I saw a hand being raised followed by a gruff voice, "I don't think it is a wise idea, Ms. White. Eva's is a renowned brand all over the world because only a few people can afford it. It has a high class quality that screams money from a mile, which is the reason it is the dream of everyone and possession of a few. Then there is The Stones Inc. which is even more reputed than Eva's. So if this deal is finalized, we can be even more powerful and our products will be sold for even higher prices. There's no meaning of top brand if everyone could afford it. Common things don't attract attention."

I looked at the speaker. I couldn't say I was surprised it's him. David Cameron. He was a board member of my company and a complete douchebag. He had an objection in any and every of my proposals. I think it was due to a simple fact that I am a female and his big head couldn't handle seeing a female in this position. He'd made sure to express his opinion on that matter countless of times.

I fixed him with my strongest gaze and said, "That is where we have a difference in opinions, Mr. Cameron. A brand does not become top class because if it's expensive and out of reach for many. It becomes a top brand when it is within the reach of every customer and has earned its customers' trust with its quality. So I want my customers to have a trust with the brand and we can only establish that trust if our products are affordable to every people regardless of their status and without any deterioration in its original quality and excellency. That's all. Any more queries?" I turned to all the people in the boardroom, assessing their expressions.

All I received in reply was silence. Complete and utter silence. Until it was broken by a deep voice booming with authority.

"I wholeheartedly agree with Ms. White. It is, indeed very important that we reach every people through our products and not only the higher classes. It is the ultimate goal of my company. So, I think Ms. White has made a very good point in bringing the local middle class people in light to our upcoming business strategy. I highly respect her decision." Mr. Adrian Stone said giving me a look of admiration, respect and something else I couldn't figure out.

Up until now, I had been trying my best to forget his presence and I had been successful to do so once I'd started the presentation. But now, I became acutely aware of his presence directly across me on the other end of the table. His words, along with his look filled me with a kind of warmth I hadn't experienced before.

Mr. Stone then directed his gaze to other members in the boardroom and raised an eyebrow as he asked, "That is all for me. Does anyone still have any doubts or disagreement in the matter?" He made sure to give a pointed look to David Cameron at the end, who mumbled a small 'no' and shook his head. Serves him right. At least the man had a decency to look embarrassed.

As everyone stated their agreement, Mr. Stone redirected his intense gaze to me and walked towards me with sure and confident steps. Once he reached in front of me, he brought his hands to his pocket and said, "I am thoroughly impressed by your ideas and the progress reports of this company, Ms. White and I am positive that we can further benefit each other through this business deal. I therefore purpose our partnership in the production and marketing of our products. What do you think, Ms. White?"

I was actually surprised by this. When I'd heard that The Stones Inc. wanted to have a business deal with Eva's, I'd thought it to be a minor deal between one of our branches, not the whole production and marketing. It was really a good proposal and would benefit both of our companies tremendously, undoubtedly mine more so than his. But still, I didn't want to take any decisions right away because as I said, Eva's was everything to me and I didn't want to lose it with my rash decision no matter how good it seemed at present. I needed to think on the long term basis.

I looked up to the electric blue eyes regarding me patiently with a hint of curiosity and held my head high as I said, "I do agree that it is a very good proposal and has the best interest of both of our companies, Mr. Stone, but I'm afraid I can't give you an answer right away. I need to give it more thoughts and come up with some clauses of myself if we are to have this deal. That being said, I would appreciate it if we have this discussion some days from now."

He looked a bit taken aback from my answer but soon composed his expression and returned into his usual cold one. "Of course, Ms. White. You can put all of your thoughts into this. I'm not in such a hurry. However, I would appreciate it if you make up your mind about this sooner rather than later because we do have lots of other companies willing to accept this deal without any questions. But I admire your dedication to your work and hope you come to a decision by Monday. My lawyer here, Mr. Nathan Harrison will give you the papers and explain everything written in there. I look forward to seeing you more often. Good day, Ms. White."

With that, the arrogant brute walked out of the room with a brief nod to the board members, leaving my jaw hanging. That arrogant, self centered, big headed son of a... Not only did he not have the decency to wait for me to end the meeting seeing as he was the guest in my office, but that conceited idiot automatically assumed that I'd accept the deal when I had specifically asked for time to think. God, how big could a man's head get?

"Excuse me, Ms. White." I looked up to find a young man about a couple of years older than me staring at me in amusement. Maybe he was saying something that I didn't hear as I was too absorbed in pointing out the faults of that brute in my mind.

"Oh... I'm so sorry I didn't catch that. Can you please repeat it, Mr...?" The good man just smiled at me and shook his head. "It's quite alright Ms. White. I'm Nathan Harrison, Mr. Stone's personal lawyer. Here are the papers he told you about. All the terms and conditions of the deal are written here if you decide to accept it. Should you have any queries regarding it, you can either contact me or Mr. Stone directly." He said giving me a file and his business card.

I took them with a small thank you and then turned to the board members who seemed to be waiting eagerly for the meeting to be over. I couldn't blame them as I couldn't wait for it to be over myself. I quickly thanked everyone for joining the meeting and dismissed them.

Finally everyone had left and I went to my office but before I could start anything, my cellphone vibrated showing an incoming call. It was Allie calling to remind me about the party. I'd completely forgotten about it up until now but I assured her that I'd pick her up at 8 and ended the call.

I quickly finished my work and left after giving some instructions to Leah. Once I reached my apartment, I took a shower and started getting ready for tonight. I put a V-necked red dress and paired it with black knee-high boots. I simply applied eyeliner and mascara and finally with a soft touch of blush an red lipstick, I was ready. I left my auburn hair down with a few curls bouncing in the end. Satisfied with my look, I grabbed my purse and with a short text to Allie, I was on the way.

After nearly 20 minutes of ride, I reached Allie's driveway and honked my car horn. Soon she came out looking beautiful in an almost see-through black v-necked dress.

"Wow! Allie-Ballie, you look hot!" I gave her a brief hug once she got in the passenger seat.

"That was the point!" She giggled. "By the way so do you. And I hope you're ready to party all night long because that's what we're going to do. Party, party and more party!" Allie squealed in a high pitched voice. But I could see she was just trying to fool me because she was clearly upset over something. And I had no doubt it was that idiot Mike. Mentally making a note to talk to her about that later, I rode us to our destination.