30+ THIRTY +30

With clearly no other option but still to your very own surprise, you actually jump

Into the river.

The currents immediately drag you underwater, and you're quickly rushed away by what feels like the world's most hostile jacuzzi. As your head once again bobs above the water line, you desperately gasp for air and get a glimpse of all the people who must have followed you into the river. It looks like everyone, which is great because you forgot to tell them you were jumping in the first place!

After what feels like an eternity, the river finally slows down and you are washed into the shallows at one of the big river bends. You cough up at least a gallon of water, including various other indescribable things, before you're able to haul yourself onto the mudbank and out of the water as gracefully as a walrus with end-stage arthritis. Once fully back on solid ground, you kiss the floor, delighted to be on dry land again.

And that's exactly when the first thick, hot, raindrop hits the back of your neck. It begins to pour down by the bucketful, as a rainstorm erupts in full force above you.

You turn around to see if anyone else has made it this far and find what appears to be a live reenactment of land mammal evolution as the rest of your team crawls out of river on all fours. They look absolutely exhausted and its obvious they have to get out of the rain asap, because not even your patented waterproof underwear can deal with this level of intense water exposure.

Surveying the area, you find two possible shelters from the rain. One is a collection of dark caves that disappear deep into the cliff-sides of the canyons that you are now in, and the other is some very low treetops, that look a bit strange from here.

Overcome with decision fatigue, you glance over at the recently beached Salvador and Emily, in hopes you can outsource the decision making to them. But sadly, one is currently busy giving the other mouth to mouth with tears streaming down their face, so ultimately the choice is still up to you.

You pick up a baby black river turtle, that looks suspiciously like a medium sized rock, and stroke it for comfort as you evaluate what to do next.

Head for shelter under the low treetops go to 35

Escape the rain and enter the caves go to 37