42+ FORTY-TWO +42

It's clear to you in an instant, make peace not war;  you've always been better at talking than hand to hand combat

Hence you take a deep breath and try to calm yourself down as fifteen sets of Spanish eyes stare at you in shock while two giant black clouds of angry bats descend upon the clearing. Your fellow team members immediately all stop, drop and roll in effort to free themselves from the blood sucking parasites that have started to latch on to their bodies but it's okay; you've found your zen moment.

You cough a few times to try and find your voice again and then loudly declare to the Spanish that despite your past grievances, that are entirely their fault, you mean no harm and just want to 'talk'. 

But to your surprise nobody, not even your own team, seems to be listening!

The Spanish just continue to stand there like Iberian statues holding what you now realize are a variety of cheese knives and your team is too busy rolling on the floor to give you the light of day. You cross your arms and click your tongue like an upset grandma at Walmart. Unbelievable, now you've really seen it all!

Just because you're in a jungle, doesn't mean people can simply forget their manners! Everyone knows you must listen when you are spoken too!

Half a second later, after you have finally come to terms with the idea that it's even possible for someone to ignore you, you decide to take a metaphorical step back and reevaluate the situation.

Apart from the knives, it appears each Spanish team member is also holding a small wooden board of half cut slices of Manchego cheese and Serrano ham, leading you to believe that maybe they are not actively threatening you but instead have just been interrupted in the middle of a charcuterie party. Similarly your team is in the process of essentially being eaten alive, so maybe it was time to cut them all some slack and give each other a break.

So, since everyone is busy, you decide to take a break first and head over to one of the Spanish guys who still stands there absolutely frozen, most likely because of an intense fear of bat's. You happily munch on some tasty cheese and admire the fact that those low tree tops from before are also on this side of the caves.

You're about to ask how many months the cheese has aged and what kind of salt saturation they use, when you hear a dark husky voice with a deep Spanish tembre behind you say,

"Drop the queso."

The words are followed by the click of a gun at the back of your neck and you find yourself unsure of what to do next.

Maybe you should have gone for the treetops in the first place and this is fates way of giving you a second chance go to 56

 The Spanish play no games and neither do you so bring it on. go to 48

 go to 48