【restart】

alex thought he would feel better after confessing to george.

he thought he would feel better now that he was dating george.

but for some strange reason, he felt even worse.

when alex quit youtube, it didn't take long for him to realise he quit because of george.

he thought that if he started dating george, he would be able to get back into making videos.

but here he was, his head down on his desk, drowning in a bottle of alcohol. 

he felt sick.

he was just so exhausted and he didn't know why.

he put his head up, grabbing the bottle.

putting the top against his mouth, he realised it was empty.

groaning in annoyance, he set the bottle back down and stood up.

he needed a shower.

walking out of his room across the corridor, and to the bathroom door, his ears were filled with a familiar voice.

"alex, what are you doing?"

the man in question turned around to see his boyfriend with his laptop on his lap, sitting next to a familiar furry lesbian on the couch.

"i was just gonna take a shower."

niall squinted his eyes.

"again? isn't this like your 3rd shower today?" george spoke, a hint of concern in his voice.

alex scratched the back of his neck.

"yeah, i just.... feel.. dirty."

"oh, okay," george replied quietly.

with that, alex slammed the door and locked it, walking over to the shower and turning it on.

after getting undressed, he got into the water, but he didn't feel the way he normally did when showering.

as the blond let the scorching water douse his hair, he couldn't help but feel empty.

he felt horrible.

he was isolating himself from everyone and he couldn't even think of an excuse.

he hated how things had been going.

he wanted to return to being happy.

he was tired of going back to nothing every day.

he wanted to go back to something.

sighing, he turned off the water, not even bothering to finish the shower.

as he walked out of the bathroom, now fully dressed, he watched niall and george.

he wasn't sure what he was thinking, but he just knew he had to change things.

he had to fix things.

"hey, guys?" his voice came out hoarse, almost surprising him.

niall and george looked up from the laptop.

"yeah?"

"i think i want to start making videos again."