【his lie】

alex awoke the next morning to birds softly chirping and sunlight pouring in through the window to the right of him.

at first, he had forgotten where he was.

 he stretched his arms, feeling someone grab them.

he turned his head around to see the man with platinum blond hair smiling at him.

"morning," he yawned, peeling back the covers.

alex slowly sat up.

"hey, niall."

niall got out of bed and stood up, rubbing his eyes.

"want some coffee?" he asked with another yawn, already walking over to the other side of the house to make some.

"sure," alex spoke, not really wanting the coffee.

what he really wanted was to go home.

"hey, niall, where's the bathroom?"

although alex couldn't see the man, he could hear him as if he was standing right next to him.

"it's to the left and the last door down the corridor."

alex nodded and headed in that direction.

as he closed the door, he grabbed his phone out of his hoodie pocket and unlocked it.

he had to go home. 

he went through his messages, trying to see if george had texted him.

while he did that, he glanced at the bathroom mirror in front of him for a split second.

but that was just enough time for him to see the purple-red circular shape on his neck.

at first, he thought he was seeing things, so he looked again.

it was still there.

so, he tried splashing his face with cold water.

it didn't work.

he even tried covering it with his hoodie, which still didn't work.

holy fucking shit.

quickly, alex bolted out of the bathroom and through the corridor back to niall's room.

he moved around the sheets on niall's bed, making sure he hadn't forgotten anything.

as he turned around, he felt a hot liquid burn into his sweatshirt.

it took him a second to comprehend, but he realised that he had ran straight into niall, who was holding 2 cups of coffee.

niall panicked.

"oh god alex, i'm so sorry!"

"here, i'll go get you a towel and you can wear one of my hoodie's."

niall spoke, already sprinting to another part of the house to fetch the items.

alex didn't want this.

he just wanted to leave.

"no, niall, it's perfectly fine, i think i'm just gonna get an uber and go home, okay?"

by the time alex finished speaking, niall had already returned and was desperately trying to get the coffee stain out of alex's hoodie.

after a few minutes of trying, he gave up.

"um, here, why don't you take off your hoodie and i'll go get one of my new ones that you can wear, okay?"

"no, it's okay niall, i don't really even need a hoodie it's okay, i think i'm just going to get an uber."

"nonsense, mate," niall started. "it's cold outside, plus we can take an uber together since george wants me to come over for a video."

alex wanted to prove niall wrong, but he had already left the room once again.

as the two got into the uber, alex was more than grateful niall lent him his hoodie. even though it was warm, the wind made the outside air freezing. sure, alex felt weird wearing niall's clothes, but it was actually soft. although alex didn't necessarily like the style - pure black in colour with the words 'four mill' printed in a neon blue square, it was still nice in quality.

the two didn't talk until they were almost at the apartment.

"so, about last night," niall spoke, his face turning red.

alex looked at him.

what the hell happened last night?

"yeah, about last night, what happened exactly?"

niall laughed nervously.

"well, uh about halfway through shrek 2, you kind of leaned into me and asked me to kiss you."

alex's heart almost jumped out of his chest.

"i... what?"

niall laughed again.

"yeah, and i asked you if you really wanted me to, and you said yes, so i did."

"and then it got a lot more intimate."

alex looked up at niall in horror.

niall must have noticed what he was imagining.

"no, no no, not like that, mate, i mean, you let me kiss your neck and stuff, that's all."

"oh."

the car became quiet.

"do you uh, think i can kiss you again?"

"uh... sure."

the rest of the day, alex felt numb.

he felt numb when they got out of the uber.

he felt numb walking up the stairs.

but, he felt worse than ever when niall opened up the apartment, only to see george laying facedown on the kitchen floor.

the blue-eyed man must've noticed them enter because he immediately got up and will and james came out of the kitchen closet with cameras.

as all three of them talked to niall and started walking towards george's room to record, alex finally excepted the truth:

george was lying. he didn't care about him at all.