【wrong crush】

two hours.

niall, james, will and george had been filming for two hours.

and it sounded like they weren't going to stop anytime soon.

which was a problem for alex, since he had been sleep-deprived for the past 3 days.

right as he was about to drift off, a knock at his door made him jump.

for a split second, he found himself smiling.

finally, george was going to apologize and ask him out and everything would be perfect again.

his excitement disappeared as he felt someone sit on his bed.

"hey, so we're taking a break and george wants you to be in the next part."

alex rolled his eyes.

"no, i quit youtube a long time ago, people will just make a big deal about it."

"then why'd you make that video with will last month?"

last month? had it been that long?

certainly, james was lying. or he got the days messed up.

had it really been a month?

"c'mon, please? just this one? it's going on his second channel, it's not like anyone's going to see it."

alex sighed.

"what's the video about?"

"reading weird-ass reddit posts while drinking," james spoke, almost in a proud tone.

"okay, fine, that doesn't seem too bad."

as alex entered george's room, his eyes were focused on the cramped setup. 

will and george were sitting at george's desk, in front of the monitors, the camera positioned between the monitors. behind will stood niall and james. alex managed to stand in between the two. off to the right side of george's desk sat 3 bottles of vodka, and 5 shot glasses.

for a while, nobody seemed to notice that alex was there.

at least, until george turned the camera back on.

"okay, lads, so remember, if it's satire or meta we pass, and if it's cringe we take a shot, everyone got that?" will spoke in a leader like way.

a few mumbles of 'yes' filled the room.

"what subreddit are we looking at?" alex spoke, and immediately regretted doing so.

george was silent.

"cringetopia." will spoke, his eyes staying on the monitor in front of him.

george turned on the camera.

"right, okay, we're back today lads with niall, james, will and... alex."

george turned around.

he said alex's name like he didn't even know he was there.

"mate, aren't ya going to continue the video?" will asked, after the room had been silent for a few seconds.

"oh uh yeah, shit."

"um so today, we're looking at r/cringetopia and we're going to play a little game as well."

"will, would you like to explain the game to them?"

"not really mate."

"just... ugh do it anyways, okay?"

after that, alex seemed to zone out.

the only time he did anything was when james gently elbowed his shoulder, indicating that everyone else was drinking.

it stayed like this for a while, alex zoning out while staring at the camera.

until about 3 shots later.

"hey, alex why don't you come sit by me and you can rate the next post."

hearing george's voice made alex's whole body tense like he was getting told off by his year 7 teacher.

george noticed alex wasn't budging, so he tried to get will to move.

"will c'mon mate, just switch places with alex, the video's almost done."

will faked a whine and stood up, walking to alex.

as alex walked past him, will noticed something.

"holy fuckin' shit mate, who gave you that?"

"stop it will! i have to get ad revenue!" george whined, making james and niall laugh.

"it's a video on the second channel, who says you even get revenue on it?"

alex sat on the desk chair next to george.

"right alex, so you're going to react to this one," he spoke, pointing to a post on the monitor.

"oh god, another indian joker tiktok, seriously?"

alex watched the video a few times.

"i dunno, i mean it's cringe, but the whole sub is filled with these."

"so... we take a shot?" james asked.

george studied the video as it replayed.

he turned to alex.

"what do you think?"

alex looked at george for a second.

god, he hated those stupid sunglasses and stupid bandana and that stupid fucking hat.

but, he loved the man behind him.

"cringe."

even though that was the last recording they did, everyone stayed standing at the computer for ages, laughing their asses off at the simplest things.

later, after everyone decided it was time to go home, niall caught alex's attention.

at first, alex thought he wanted the hoodie back, but niall wanted something else.

"so, uh i know this is kind of awkward, and it's really strange to ask this now, but i was wondering if you wanted to be my boyfriend."

thankfully, niall had pulled alex into the bathroom, so no one could see them.

that didn't stop alex from freaking out.

"i.. uh seriously?"

niall smiled.

"yeah, i haven't felt like this about a boy before, but i'm sure, at least about you."

alex didn't know what to do.

he loved george, and he knew that.

he also knew that george didn't love him back.

at the same time, he found niall cute, but he couldn't imagine dating him.

oh god, what was he going to do?