【rain】

alex didn't know where he was going.

in fact, he didn't even know where he was.

his mind told him to run back to niall, but he knew that would just make him more lost.

he considered crying, but he knew that would make things worse.

so, here he was, sitting outside of a petrol station, on a cold, hard bench.

the rain was coming down in sheets, but thankfully, the bench was sitting right under the edge of the building, so only his pants were getting wet.

alex couldn't even remember when he had sat down on the bench, he just knew it had been too long.

the only reason alex had sat down on the bench was that he was lost. 

he hadn't been to the city that he was in, even if you could call it a city.

there were at least 4 other buildings around the petrol station that alex could see, well, before it got dark.

there weren't a lot of cars and there weren't a lot of noises.

it definitely wasn't london.

alex felt worse than he had this morning.

at least he had somewhere to go this morning. 

as a woman stepped out of the inside of the station, alex took out his phone from his pocket.

the screen lit up, showing that he had 12 notifications from niall, 5 missed calls and 7 texts.

it also showed the time, 22:38.

god, how long had he been away?

as alex stared at the time, something clicked in him to pull out the bottle of pills he had stole from niall.

he couldn't remember when he had last had one. 

he knew he had taken 5 or more.

he picked up 2 pills and swallowed them, not seeming to care that he didn't have water to get rid of the terrible taste.

alex sighed as he watched a man finish getting petrol, get into his lorry and start driving away.

he wished he was in that truck. 

so, he put his phone back into his pocket and stood up and started walking.

at first, his legs gave him hell, for they felt stiff and painful.

pretty soon, he had walked past the spot where the truck had been.

he kept walking forward. no, he was limping forward.

before reaching the edge of the road, he pulled out the bottle of pills and opened them. 

there were three left.

but he didn't care.

after throwing them into his mouth, he chucked the bottle behind him and kept walking.

when he stepped onto the road, the truck pulled out of the petrol station.

it was coming right towards him.

alex tried to speak, only to realise his voice was hoarse and his mouth dry.

he also noticed that he was sweating and shaking.

as the truck came closer to him, he spoke.

"hey! over here!" he yelled, waving out his arms, trying to flag down the driver.

the driver honked the horn as he got closer.

but the truck didn't stop.

alex didn't seem to notice or care, for he kept yelling.

"oi mate, i need your help getting back to london!" 

the truck's horn got louder.

its lights got brighter.

"oi!"

alex stood in the road, watching the front of the truck come closer to him.

at that moment, his legs felt weak.

he could tell he was close to falling down.

and then everything went black.