【acting different】

a few days had passed since alex freaked out and slammed the door into george's arm.

he was lucky it didn't break.

alex had spent the past 3 days in his room with the door locked.

he didn't want to see george, he was already guilty enough.

surprisingly, george hadn't talked to him since.

that made alex feel even worse.

although he tried to keep his distance from his boyfriend, he could still hear him in the next room over recording a video.

on friday, he heard will and james enter the flat and start talking. then he heard a knock on his door and george say something about him. then it got quiet. he was about to fall asleep when he heard the flat's door open and george yell out a certain furry lesbian's name.

so they had replaced him.

for the next 3 days, alex heard the flat door open constantly, the same 4 voices echoing off the walls.

from what he heard his friends talk about, they were making a video where they had to spot the virgin and whoever was right won £1000.

hearing his friends have a good time made his mind hurt even more.

of course, he was happy for them, and of course, he wanted them to have fun, he just wished he could join them.

he wanted to join them, but he felt like he would make everything awkward or ruin everything.

so, he stayed in his room.

on tuesday, alex wasn't awoken by the sound of the door opening, or by his friends talking.

he was awakened by a light tap on his shoulder.

alex fluttered open his eyes to see a very familiar man in a bandana and sunglasses.

"hey, get up, we need to talk."

alex sat up for what felt like the first time in ages.

"what... what's up?"

george sighed.

"alex, you know how much you mean to me, right?"

alex rubbed his eyes.

"yeah."

"and you know that i want what's best for you, right?"

a nod.

"well, i just... i reckon..."

geroge paused, rubbing his neck.

"george what are you on about?" alex asked in a sleepy haze, feeling tired despite the fact that he had slept for the past 4 days.

"well, i just don't really think this is going to work out if you're going to keep acting this way."

alex's eyes shot open.

he felt like he had just been shot.

"how i'm acting? what the fuck does that even mean, george?"

george sighed.

"i don't know, it's just that you've been.. different since you quit youtube and i think we should stop dating until you restart youtube and get your life back on track."

for some reason, alex was fuming.

just because he wasn't acting the same didn't give george the excuse just to break up with him.

george must've realised how upset alex was because he was about to speak when alex got up.

"alex, where are you go-"

"just leave me the fuck alone, george!" alex yelled, opening the flat's door and slamming it shut.