【sunday,22:45】

george woke up to the sound of his phone going off, the familiar lyrics spilling into the quiet room.

he knew straight away who was calling for he had set a different ringtone for them.

as he peeled the covers off of him, the song restarted.

"she pushed her feet across the boardwalk"

george cracked his back, standing up.

"she keeps the sunset right with movement in her eyes."

he walked over to his desk, where he placed his phone last night.

as he picked up his phone, he let one last lyric play.

"she knows she gets away with murder"

and then he declined the call.

george sighed, grabbing his phone and heading towards the kitchen.

with alex gone, he found himself eating less.

he had no clue why, but he didn't question it too much.

as he stood on his toes, reaching for a bowl, he heard his phone go off again, the same melancholy-nostalgic song playing.

he rolled his eyes as he grabbed the bowl, and set it on the counter.

as he grabbed a spoon from the drawer directly under him, he declined the call yet again.

he definitely didn't need to hear niall's voice, especially on a sunday evening at 22:45.

he was still trying to recover from a hangover, and the drinking binge he had earlier surely hadn't helped.

after sitting on the sofa his cereal, george turned on the tv and started eating.

a few minutes after flipping through tv channels, his phone went off yet again.

but this time, it was an 80's-sounding song.

george sighed, setting his cereal on the sofa, not seeming to care if it spilt or not.

he took his phone out of his pocket and accepted the call.

"ey mate, what's up?"

"george- mate, i-"

george flipped through a few more tv channels and settled on some news station.

"yeah, mate?"

"alex is missing."

george almost laughed. will had to be joking.

"mate, what are you on about?" he asked, almost gingerly.

"george, i'm bein' fuckin' serious, mate. niall's came round bout an hour ago and's freaking out, saying that alex went for a walk or somethin' and hasn't come home."

george bit his lip.

he wished he didn't care.

"well.." he started, only to be interrupted by james.

what was james doing there?

"george, will's serious, he won't answer my calls..... he always answers them."

george's heart sank as he heard james, the poor man sounded worried out of his mind.

his heart started beating faster when he heard the tv.

"a young man in his early twenties was hit by a lorry in slough, today."

"the driver was a 52-year-old man, martin hudson,"bald martin" as some of his close friends called him. he has died."

"the young man that was hit by the vehicle is unidentified at this time, but doctors are expecting him to survive."

george's head hurt.

as he watched the news reporter speak, all he could think of was alex.

and all the terrible things he had done to him in the past 2 months.

he thought back to the time he asked alex out, to the time alex was drunk and asked him to kiss him. but there was one thing that his brain wouldn't shut up about.

he could see niall and alex up against the wall, the fear in alex's eyes.

james, fraser, will, niall, even himself screaming.

niall saying something and pulling alex to the door.

and then everything became a blur.

as george sat on the sofa, practically paralysed in his own thoughts, he heard a voice, reminding him that he was supposed to be listening.

in an instant, he snapped back to reality, and heard the pain in niall's voice.

"george, mate, please, i'm not the only one who's worried about him, please, i know you're mad at me, but please help us find him."

george looked up to the tv, and saw jill huson frantically talking.

he turned off the tv and stood up, not caring that the bowl of cereal spilt onto the sofa, the milk dripping onto the carpet.

he couldn't care less.

he quickly ran to his room and grabbed his shoes and ran out the small corridor, and to the door.

as he opened it, he put the phone back to his ear and spoke, not really caring if his friends were listening or not.

"hey, i'm just now leaving, i'll be over in like, 10 minutes."

with that, he slammed the door shut, not even bothering to lock it.