【the final call】

"hello. no one is available to take your call. please leave a message after the tone."

*beep*

"alex? i know this is my 4th time calling you.. i just, your.. your not answering me and i want to try saying this before i-  well, you'll find out soon enough. i feel so.... so alone. i shouldn't have asked you out and i-it's my fault you were hit by that car. it's all my fucking fault.. i- i shouldn't have forced you to kiss me when fraser and james were around. i shouldn't have done anything. i shouldn't have even met you on that fucking game 8 years ago. and i definitely shouldn't have sent that letter. we shouldn't even know each other."

"look, i'm sorry and i'll stop calling you, i-i just... i just-

all i wanted to say was goodbye."

it was too late for alex to hear what niall had to say.

for he was too busy kissing his flatmate.

the two had spent a good 16 seconds kissing before george pulled away.

the first words to come out of his mouth were words that alex didn't want to hear.

"oh my god, i'm so sorry, i shouldn't have done that!"

he jumped out of his seat and started heading for the door.

alex's body filled with fear.

"george, wait it's okay i promise, please don't leave."

george turned around, his hand on the handle.

alex's eyes were filling with tears.

"george, please, not again."

without hesitation, george ran away from the door handle and grabbed alex's face, kissing him again.

this kiss was more passionate.

like it actually meant something. 

the two stayed this way for a while, george leaning over the desk, holding on to alex's head, while alex was half standing, half sitting.

eventually, alex pulled away to breathe.

and once he did so, he realised something.

"oh shit the camera's on."

george turned his head over to the camera.

"oh fuck, you have to take that out."

"yeah, don't worry, i will," alex replied, turning to face george again.

the two stared at each other for a while, both of them not knowing what to say.

"do it now," george replied in an almost threatening tone.

alex was taken back by his harsh tone.

a second ago they were making out, why was he so angry now?

"i said to delete the fucking video alex!"

alex hadn't heard george scream at him in such a long time.

it felt so weird.

alex could feel tears start to form, but he wasn't going to let his emotions get the best of him.

"okay, i will, just... just calm down."

alex turned to his monitor and opened up his recording program and stopped it, so it would stop recording the youtube video.

he turned off his camera and set it on the floor.

"there, happy?" alex spoke, turning his attention back to george, only to realise he wasn't in the room.

"george?" alex called out before standing up and walking out of the room as fast as he could.

when he finally got out of the room, he noticed george standing over the kitchen counter, pouring a bottle of jack daniel's into a glass.

"george what the hell are you doing?"

george chugged the whole glass before slamming it down onto the counter, almost making it break.

"i'm just- just leave me the fuck alone."

alex felt sick.

what the hell was going on?

george had kissed him, why was he upset?

alex started walking towards the equally sized man and attempted to grab the alcohol out of his hands.

"stop it alex!" george screamed, his hands still on the bottle.

"not until you tell me what's wrong!" alex shot back, his hands starting to slip off of the cap.

george quickly grabbed the bottle out of both of their hands and threw it to the other side of the kitchen, the bottle instantly hitting the wall and shattering.

"you want to know what's wrong alex?!"

"you're what's wrong!"

alex squinted his eyes at the man.

"what the hell are you on about?"

george didn't speak for a second, for he was trying to catch his breath.

"i- you, i just... i love you, okay? i don't want to admit it, but i honestly love you al, i want to be more than friends!"

alex could feel the tears starting to form again.

but, his was angry.

"you love me?! if you love me, you wouldn't have broken up with me in the first place! i wouldn't have even gone out with niall!"

"oh is that so? then why were you two practically shagging each other against the wall when i came home that day?!" george shot back. 

alex bit his lip.

"i- i didn't want to do it, i was scared of disappointing him... i was afraid of saying no." he squeaked out.

the flat fell silent.

and then george's phone rang.

george sighed, fishing the phone out of his hoodie pocket.

as he answered the call, and he heard his friend's voice, his facial expression immediately changed.

"a- are you s-sure?"

"who is  it?" alex asked, tilting his head like a dog.

george didn't answer, instead, he spoke to the man on the phone.

"he.... he's what?" 

at this point, alex's heart was beating fast.

he didn't care about his fight with george, he just wanted to know what was going on.

he watched george's lip start to tremble as he spoke.

"oh.... okay- i'll... i'll tell em'."

and with that george slowly set his phone down on the kitchen counter.

he looked up at alex, his lips trembling, tears falling down his face.

"what is it?" alex practically begged at this point. 

"niall," george spoke, his voice hoarse.

"oh. he probably called you because i didn't answer his calls, he's been calling me a lot lat-"

"no, will called me," george interrupted.

before alex had the chance to speak, george's voice filled the kitchen.

"niall's-

"niall's dead."