【bestfriendniall】

walking down the busy street, all alex could hear was eminem's 'lose yourself' blasting through his headphones.

he had an idea in mind.

it took alex the amount of time it took to listen to 'lose yourself' and 'rap god', two times in a row just to reach his destination.

he knocked on the door, taking a swig of the vodka in his hand.

on the way here, he had to stop and think about where and when he had purchased the bottle and if it was truly his.

noticing that the man hadn't answered the door, alex rung the doorbell.

as he continuously pressed on the bell, the sound not seeming to affect him, he took another drink from the bottle, this time, stepping back and falling to the kerb.

forcing himself up with his hands, he noticed his bottle was empty and threw it against the road, shattering into a million shards.

he looked at the pieces of glass with a smile and then turned around, only to see one of his best mates staring at him like he was a lunatic.

"hey, buddy!" he called out, flinging his arm around the man.

the man stared at him, adjusting his glasses.

"alex what're you-"

"fraser, mate! how's your week goin' buddy? mine is totally... uh, i don't really know, i mean, it's monday, right? alex interrupted, looking down at the glass on the road.

fraser squinted his eyes in confusion.

"alex are you drunk?"

alex didn't answer, his focus on the broken glass on the road. 

maybe he shouldn't have broken it...

"... i'm, i'm not drunk," he finally spoke, his gaze meeting fraser's.

"can i come inside?"

fraser was hesitant to answer.

"i would let you in... but my girlfriend's coming over soon and uh, well... uh, you know."

by the time fraser had finished talking, alex was already walking.

he knew when he wasn't wanted.

as alex neared the house, it was dusk.

before he knocked on the door, he considered calling.

when he pulled his phone out of his pocket, the screen lit up, showing 9 texts from george and 6 calls. 

on second thought, maybe he should just knock.

after knocking three times, alex contemplated leaving. 

on one hand, he didn't want to be a burden to his friends, which he already knew he was doing.

on second hand, where was he going to go now? it was getting darker by the minute and he was too exhausted to walk home.

alex sighed, realising that his friend wasn't home. he turned around, dreading the walk home.

as he did so, the door opened.

"holy fuckin' shit, is that imallen?"

alex turned around to see the platinum blond grinning.

all he could do was smile back.

as niall handed alex a cup of water, he spoke.

"so, why are you here, exactly?"

alex took a sip from the cup and set it on the table in front of him.

"why? did i interrupt you from working on petscop 2?" he replied sarcastically.

niall chuckled.

"no, but for real man, all jokes and memes aside, what's going on with you? will's been telling me that you're really upset and haven't come out of your room in a week."

alex picked up the cup and drank the rest of the water.

oh god, where would he even start?