Chapter One

As Harry greets his friends Ron and Hermione, they explain to him all that he's missed this summer. "We wanted to write mate, really we did- only." Ron tries to explain to his best friend rather awkwardly.

"Only what?" Harry questions his friend.

"Only Dumbledore made us swear not to tell you anything." Hermione explains rather guiltily.

"Dumbledore said that?" Harry asks rather stunned, receiving a nod, "But...why would he want to keep me in the dark? Maybe I could help! After all, I'm the one who saw Voldemort return; I'm the one who fought him. I'm the one who saw Cedric..." Harry begins to rant, faltering his emotions getting the better of him.

Then suddenly Fred and George apparate, appearing on either side of Harry, surprising him. "Harry." Fred says.

"Thought we heard your dulcet tones." George jokes.

"Don't bottle up your anger, Harry; let it out!" Fred tells him.

"Anyway if you're all done shouting--" George starts.

"--want to hear something really interesting...?" Fred finishes, peaking Harry's interest.

"Bloody Hell, stop disappearing!" A voice grabs all their attention from another room. The twins move to have Harry stand before them almost as a shield.

Turning a corner was Rose. Harry was surprised to see her here. She also wasn't able to write to him, so seeing her here was unexpected. No one had informed either of them that the other would be here. Rose had grown since he had last seen her. She was taller now, mature, Harry understood why so many people said that she looked like their mother, it looked like what he could imagine his mother at age 15, compared to the photo he has of their parents.

"Rose!" Harry says, surprised.

Her eyes widen, annoyance gone from them, she wasn't expecting to see her Brother here. "Harry! When did you get here?" she asks as she pulls him into a hug, she sees the twins standing behind him and gives them both a glare.

"Just now. When did you get here?" Harry returns the question as they release each other from the hug, holding her at arm's length. "You've grown." Harry says bluntly, realising that wasn't actually a compliment.

She laughs, "Thanks. Uh, I've been here as long as Ron. Sorry about not mailing you." she apologies.

"It's fine, they explained why." Harry brushes off.

"Now that you're all happy again-" George cuts in, holding up an ear on a string.

"Let's go listen in on the meeting." Fred finishes, the two of them smirking.

The all make their way to stairs landing, lowering down the extendable ear to start listening in on the meeting none of them were allowed in on.

"...if it wasn't for Harry we wouldn't even know Voldemort was back! He isn't a child, Molly! And neither is Rose!" Sirius voice begins to come through the ear for the group up top to listen to.

"...Well they're not adults either! He's not James and she's not Lily, Sirius." Mrs. Weasley says, scolding the man.

As the group listens, Ginny joins in quietly saying 'Hello' to Harry as she stands by Rose, leaning in like the others to listen in.

"Well they aren't your children!" Sirius tells the woman defensively.  

"They're as good as! Rose has got Severus. Who else does Harry have now?" Mrs. Weasley snaps at him.

"They got me!" Sirius snaps, the sound of a chair scraping the floor indicating that he stood up when he said that.

"How touchingly paternal, Black. Perhaps Potter will grow up to be a felon, just like his Godfather." Snape's voice comes through, causing Rose to stand up straight in surprise. She hasn't seen him all summer. He was sure to sneak in and out for the meetings as to not see her. If he wasn't near her, he thought it could bring her protection. 

But it only made her sad, now. He's been coming here all summer, and never even said hello to her. She felt sad and angry. It took alot in her to stay and listen with the others instead of going down their and confronting him.

"You stay out of this, Snivellus--" Sirius started to snap at Snape.

"Snape's part of the Order?" Harry questions.

"First I've heard of this." Rose says rather bitterly.

"Git." Ron says with an eye roll.

Rose having enough, leaves the group to go back to the room she was staying in, missing Crookshanks attacking the ear, ending the eavesdropping anyways. George nods in the direction that Rose went to Fred, silently telling him to go make her feel better, which he listens to.

Once Fred was gone Harry looks over to Ron, "What's that about?" he questions, looking back down the hall that Rose and Fred went down.

Ron rolls his eyes, "They've been snogging all summer. Bloody annoying honestly." he tells Harry, looking down the hall in disgust.

Hermione hits Ron's shoulder, "Leave her alone. Freds been nothing but sweet to her." she reassures Harry.

Harry was feeling uncomfortable with the thought of his best friends brother snogging his sister. "I think I'm going to go talk to her." Harry says, beginning to go down the hall.

"Harry." Hermione tries to stop him, but was ignored.

------------------------------------------------

I was laying in my bed, hugging Fred. He was comforting me, knowing I wasn't the happiest knowing that Snape was ignoring me without giving me a reason. The Weasley's were all sweet and nice with me staying with them during parts of the summer when I wasn't with Remus.

A knock came from my door, causing both of us to sit up. I look at Fred with a raised eyebrow, only for him to shrug. I stand, walking over to the door, and open it to reveal Harry. Harry glances around awkwardly, avoiding my eyes it seems.

"What can I do for you?" I ask rather confused.

"I- uh. Well, you see Rose... uh, why are you snogging Fred?" Harry asks unsure of his question.

I crack a smile, and try not to laugh, "Are you asking me why I kiss my boyfriend?" I counter question rather amused.

Harry looks at me like a deer in headlights, "B-boyfriend?" he stutters.

"Yes. Boyfriend. As in someone I am dating." I explain slowly for Harry. Harry seems to be trying to figure out his words, "Goodbye Harry." I tell him, closing my door in his face seeing as he didn't know what to talk about.

I turn around to look at the boy on my bed. He gives me a flirty smile, "Hi." he says leaning on the bed towards me so he was half laying on it.

I cross my arms, and give him a smile, "George." I say calmly and his smile falls, "Stop switching with Fred." I tell him for what felt like the millionth time.

He sits up, and his shoulder slump, "How do you do that?"He asks frustrated.

"Magic." I tease, before gesturing to the door.

"Rose Lily you are too smart for us." He compliments as he stands, walking past.

"I try." I reply, he messes with my hair causing me to swat his hand away as he leaves the room.

"She's too smart Freddie!" I hear George shout to his brother, causing me to laugh.

_______________________
1219 words

This is possibly one of my more favorite chapters. The tones have shifted and I love it.

Let me know what you think so far!

Vote

Comment

Share

Lots of luv~ snowflake