Chapter 6

I rush into the infirmary at school. Ron was out on a bed. Harry standing off to the side while Hermione and Ginny sitting in chairs on either side  of Ron. "Is he alright?" I ask a bit out of breathe.

"He'll be fine." Harry reassures me, with a nod.

Dumbledore, McGonagall, Snape and Slughorn all enter the room after me and walk over to where we all were around Ron. They had informed me of what had happened when they saw me in the corridor. "Quick thinking on your part, Harry. Using a Bezoar. You must be very proud of your student, eh, Horace?" Dumbledore says.

"Hm? Oh. Yes... very proud." Slughorn response.

"I think we all agree that Mr. Potter's actions were heroic. The question is: Why were they necessary."  McGonagall brings up.

"Why indeed." Dumbledore says, before walking over to Slughorn, who was holding a bottle of some drink. "This appears to be a gift, Horace. You don't by chance remember who gave you this bottle, do you -- which by the way possesses remarkably subtle hints of licorice and cherry when not polluted with poison."  Dumbledore says, grabbing the bottle  from Slughorn, inspecting it.

He then hands it to Snape to inspect, "Actually I had intended to give it as a gift myself." Slughorn admits.

"To whom might I ask?" Dumbledore questions.

Slughorn looks down, "To you headmaster." he tells him.

Just then, the doors open and rushing over to us was Lavender. "Where is he? Where's my Won-Won! Has he been asking for me?" she asks, spastically. Pushing past me to see Ron.

I look towards Harry, and he just shrugs. What is with this girl..? "What's she doing here?" Lavender questions, looking towards Hermione.

"I might ask you the same." Hermione retorts, standing from her seat, facing her.

"I happen to be his girlfriend." Lavender snaps at her, taking a step forward.

"And I happen to be his... friend." Hermione says to her.

"Don't make me laugh. You haven't spoken in weeks. I suppose you want to make up with him now that he's suddenly all interesting." Lavender tells her.

"He's been poisoned, you daft dimbo! And for the record, I've always found him interesting." Hermione snaps.

Ron stirs in the bed, "Ha! See? He senses my presence. I'm here, Won-Won. I'm here" Lavender  says, getting closer to the bed.

Ron began to mumble, "my...ne...er.. my...ne. Her..my..nee" Ron says, brokenly calling for Hermione.

Lavender gasp and ran out of the room, sobbing. Hermione sits on the bed and holds Ron's hand, having him stop stirring.

"Ah, to be young and feel love's keen sting. Come, everyone, I think Mr. Weasley is well tended." Dumbledore comments.

Well that was, interesting.

-----------------------------

I was hanging out with Draco today, he has been a bit stressed lately. He wouldn't tell my why exactly, just brushing it off, giving me a smile. "Do you want to get lunch together?" I suggest as we leave the library.

"Sure." Draco says as we make our way to the great hall.

The walk was silent, but not awkward, as we enter the hall, I look around for an empty spot for us to sit. "There's a spot over there." I say once I saw a spot. I look over to Draco, and see him breathing heavily. Like he was having a panic attack. "Draco?" I question.

He backs away, and walks out of the great hall. I quickly go after him. "Draco!" I call after him but he continues to speed walk through the halls.

He walks into a boys restroom. I was worried about him, so I walk in just kind of hoping no one would be there or care if I was in here. Draco was leaning over a sink, breathing hard. "Draco?" I say softly, walking to his side.

He removes the vest he was wearing and turns on the water. "Hey. Hey. It's okay. Just breath." I tell him, placing a hand on his back and the other grabbing his hand, not wanting his panicking to get worse.

He grabs my hand tightly, seeing like he wants to cry. He quickly lets go and splashes water on his face. I rub his back as he takes deep breaths, and cries. What could of caused him to cry? It's been so long since I've seen him cry, but this was different from a little kid crying. This was stress, and something else.

"I know what you did Malfoy. You hexed her didn't you?" Harry says from behind us, causing us to turn around to look at him. What is he talking about?

Draco shoots a spell at Harry, causing him to move out of the way. Harry does the same thing, Draco grabs my hand pulling me out of the way and the spell hits the mirror that was between us, causing me to scream a bit.

We go around the stalls, Draco rounds the corner and shoots at Harry. Nothing happens for a few moments. Draco continues to look around the corner, but no one shoots. "How about no more spells, and we just talk like normal people." I suggests to them loudly to have Harry hear from where ever he was hiding.

Draco looks at me, a sad look, but shakes his head, and he looks around the corner once again. Harry doesn't say anything. Okay, how can I stop this? What would be Harry's next move? I look down, the stall gaps. Draco sees my look and goes to look under all the stalls.

Draco shoots a spell, water can be heard filling the bathroom, then Draco shoots again, breaking something else. He stands and leads me out of this hiding spot. He holds his wand up waiting for Harry to come out from somewhere.

Harry then appears, "Sectumsepra!" He casts.

My eyes widen, "No!" I move to try and block the spell, but instead it hits both Draco and I. We fly back, landing in the water.

"Rose!" I hear Harry shout, but I couldn't focus on him. Pain was all over my body. It was hard to breath. I close my eyes, trying to ignore the pain but it was to much.

 I hear other footsteps rushing through the water to where I laid next to Draco. Then other footsteps walking away. Someone kneels near me, and I hear a voice chanting a spell. A voice I wasn't expecting.

"Uncle Sev?" I whisper, opening my eyes as the pain slowly begins to subside. He was kneeling over Draco and I, his wand slowly gliding between us, as he continues to chant. He looks at me with worry, but I give him a reassuring smile, to tell him I'm fine, as the pain was going away.

_____________

1132 Words.

I feel like you can see just how strained and distant the two siblings are at this point.

One more chapter left for this book, and for Rose for this year.

Let me know your thoughts!

Vote

Comment 

Share

Lots of Luv~ snowflake