Chapter 7

I was refusing to talk with Harry. What he did was reckless and impulsive. He could of killed us.  Hermione and Ginny have both tried to persuade me otherwise, telling me he's gotten rid of whatever book he had learned the spell from. But I was remaining stubborn. Not wanting him to visit.

Draco and I were in the infirmary to be watched over to make sure that we were 100% okay. One night while we were alone, I was reading a book seeing as we weren't talking. Draco got out of bed. "Draco?" I question, in a whisper as to not get Madam Pomfrey's attention.

But he ignored me, walking out of the room. I sigh and close my book, not wanting him to get hurt, I follow him from a distance. But I lose him for some time.

I wander about trying to figure out where he went, when I saw him. He had changed into his black suit, he was looking around, and I hid behind a corner, peering out, he didn't see me. Then he began to walk down another hall, and someone followed. Someone who made my blood boil and run cold at the same time. Bellatrix Lestrange.

She was following after Draco, her twisted smile on her face. More people follow behind her. It was hard to tell who they were, but I could take a few guesses. And seeing the werewolf Fenrir Greyback confirmed my suspicions. Death Eaters. 

I silently follow them, my wand now at hand. They weren't going towards anywhere major like I thought they would. Not any of the common rooms, or the great hall. No, they were walking towards the Astronomy Tower.

I quietly follow them, not going all the way up. "Good evening, Bellatrix. I think introductions are in order." I hear Dumbledore say. I look for somewhere to hide, and see an under storage area. As I enter I see Harry, who points his wand at me in surprise, his eyes wide.

I raise my wand up towards Bellatrix, and put a finger to my lips at him. He nods and does the same. I may be mad at him but we both have a solid dislike towards this woman. "Love to, Albus. But I'm afraid we're on a bit of a tight schedule." she responds, Harry follows her movement while I stay near the exit.

I look through the floorboards, and see her look at Draco, who was holding his wand up at Dumbledore. "Do it." she tells him.

"He doesn't have the stomach. Like his father. Let me finish him. In my own way. " Greyback says as Draco shakes, obviously nervous and stressed.

I feel a presence near me and turn to see Uncle Sev. He looks to me conflict in his eyes. His wand was pointed at Harry, who had his back to us and his wand pointed at Draco. Harry slowly turns to look my way but his eyes widen when he sees Severus, and lowers his wand.

Severus puts a finger to his lip, signaling to stay quiet. He looks at me, grabbing my hand, and placing a kiss on my forehead. He looks sad, then lets me go and walks up towards the others. "No! The Dark Lord was clear. The boy's to do it. Go on, Draco. Now!" Bellatrix shouts, causing me to flinch and look back up at the scene above.

Draco was visible trembling more now. "No." Severus says, causing Draco to gasp and turn around to face him. He walks up to where Draco had stood, facing Dumbledore. 

"Severus... Please." Dumbledore says.

The room was silent now, and we wait to see what would happen.

"Avada Kedavra." Severus says, hitting Dumbledore. Killing him. making him fall off the tower.

I cover my mouth to keep myself from screaming, or crying.  

The death eaters begin to leave the tower.

I was too shocked to do anything. After a moment, Harry grabs my hand and leads me out of the tower. I pull myself out of Harry's grip once we pass the great hall. It was destroyed. Glass was everywhere. It was Dark. Empty. Like no good memories ever happened in there.

Tears were streaming down my face by now. Remembering all that had just happened in the tower. 

He was saying goodbye.

He was apologizing. 

And that just made me cry more.

__________

I walk out to the courtyard, were it seemed the whole school was outside. I felt numb. I couldn't believe all that had happened.

I stop when I see Harry, kneeling by Dumbledore's body. Ginny goes to his side, and he begins to cry as she comforts him.

McGonagall raises her wand up towards the sky and sends a stream of light into the sky. Slowly more people began to raise their wands.

I do the same. Everyone was doing this. The light from the wands began to make the dark mark cloud that was over the school to fade away.

This was just the start of the darkness that would become Hogwarts. I could feel it.

Everything isn't normal anymore.

Death is slowly becoming to normal.

Darkness is looming over us.

I don't know if I can handle it.

_____________
876 words

Hope you enjoy the last chapter for this book!

Next Book will come out in February, and it shall be the last Rose book to conclude the Deathly Hallows.

Let me know your thoughts!

Vote

Comment

Share

Lots of luv~ snowflake