Chapter 4

I sat in the library, listening to Hermione rant and complain about what had happened after the last quidditch match during the Gryffindor celebratory party. Apparently Lavender and Ron had snogged, and now they're together. All. the. time. 

Harry had joined us, by the end of her rant, barely even glancing my way. By now we were following her through the shelves as she put books back.

"He's at perfect liberty to kiss whomever he likes. I really couldn't care less. Was I under the impression that he and I would be attending Slughorn's Christmas party together? Yes. Of course, now, given the circumstances, I've had to make other arrangements. " Hermione explains.

"Really? I didn't ask Ron because I thought he was going with you, guess it doesn't matter either way." I sigh exhaustedly, helping her put books back.

"Have you?" Harry questions Hermione. 

"Yes. Why?" She asks him once we finished with the books we were carrying.

"I just thought, you know, since neither one of us can take who we'd really like... maybe we'd go together. As friends." Harry explains.

Hermione looks sad, "Why didn't I think of that?" she questions.

"So who are you taking?" I ask, curious on who her rebound was.

"Um... it's a surprise." she says avoiding the topic, before looking towards Harry. "Besides, it's you we need to worry about. And you can't pick just anyone. See that girl over there. That's Romilda Vane. Rumor has it she's trying to slip you a love potion." Hermione dodges answering and turns the conversation back towards Harry.

Harry looks over to Romilda, over Hermione's shoulder, seeming interested, "Really?" he questions as he stares.

Hermione looks at me then back to Harry as if he's lost it, and snaps in his face gaining his attention. "Hey! She's only interested in you because she thinks you're the Chosen One. You know that, right?" she scolds him.

"But I am the Chosen One." Harry says rather smuggling, causing Hermione to hit him in the head with a roll of papers she was holding. "Okay. Sorry. Kidding. I'll just ask someone I like. Someone cool." Harry says, dismissing Romilda as an option.

Harry then looks to me, "No. I'm your sister." I immediately dismiss, causing his shoulders to go down. "Just ask a friend Harry." I advice a little annoyed, before walking out of the aisle. Honestly Harry thinks he can just act like he wasn't ignoring me for months, and ask a favor like this. Boys are stupid sometimes.

--------------------------------

I decided to go by myself to Slughorn's christmas party. Not seeing a point in going with a date if I can't take Fred. I would of asked Ron or Neville but that felt just weird to do so. I had enough friends already going so it would be fun just talking with them.

I wasn't fully prepared for a 'christmas' party so I wore what I think would fit. So far nothing has been said about it so I'm not over thinking about it to much. The dress was black with lace sleeves, and a red skirt with a black floral pattern on it.

 The dress was black with lace sleeves, and a red skirt with a black floral pattern on it