Chapter 5

Being back at the Weasley's for Christmas was so exciting. I had missed both the twins exceptionally. They truly did make Hogwarts more fun. We were helping Mrs. Weasley set up the foods while Harry was talking to Lupin and Tonks about, whatever in the living room.

"Eat up, eat up, everyone! There's more to come!" Mrs Weasley tells everyone as we place all the food around the table.

The twins grab a christmas cracker, and pull and instead of a normal cracker with a crown inside, it opens and slinky connecting the two ends spills out causing me to laugh. I grab two of the muggle ones that Hermione brought to show us.

"How about we try some normal ones?" I suggest to them, crossing my arms holding out one end to each of them.

"What's the fun with that?" they question, as they set down the charmed cracker.

"Just do it." I tell them with a smile. They each grab one cracker, "One. Two. Three!" I count down and we pulled. I won from the one that Fred was pulling on and George got the other one.

"Did you let me win?" I ask Fred suspiciously, a ghost of a smile on my lips.

"Depends. Do I get a kiss out of it?" Fred flirts, a cheeky smile on his lips.

I give him a small peck on the lips, "Only this time. Don't just let me win all the time." I tell him with a smile.

"Do I get something for not letting you win?" George jokes, an equally cheeky smile.

I roll my eyes but lean over and kiss his cheek, "Merry Christmas George." I tell him before heading towards the table to try something.

---------------------------------------

Later in the night I was seeing Remus and Tonks out with Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. "Please don't forget to write. I miss you both to much at school." I tell them as we hug.

"Of course. I need to gossip to someone." Tonks jokes, causing Remus to roll his eyes, but a smile was on his face.

He turns and looks out around the land, seeming tense. "Remus?" Mr. Weasley questions, seeing that his mood had shifted.

We all seem to look around more, the silence that fills the air was almost to calm. Suddenly a flaming streak flies from the sky, gliding around the edge of the borrow land, setting the ground on fire.

Then apparating by the edge of flames, was Bellatrix Lestrange. Remus and Tonks were quick to get their wands and stand in front of us. She grins at us before dashing past the flames, and to the reeds. 

Suddenly shoving past all of us was Harry, quickly running to follow the crazed Death eater. "Harry Nooo!" Mr. Weasley shouts after him

"Harry!" Remus tries to stop him but was unsuccessful, as he tries to follow behind him. But the flames block his path has behind Harry.

Tonks follows to help move the flames. But the fire seems alive, almost fighting back. Than Ginny rushes past us, towards the flames. "Ginny!" Mrs. Weasley shouts, sounding terrified for her. As she rushes over the flames, and into the reeds as well.

Mr. Weasley rushes after his daughter, but again, the flames block the way. I move to follow but Mrs. Weasley grabs my hand. I look back to her, and see fear in her eyes, "Rose. Don't please." she begs.

"I won't go after them. I'm going to help with the flames." I explain to her and slip from her grip.

Closer I walk to the flames, the hotter it felt. No wand, left it inside. But I can help. "Rose, get back!" Remus shouts at me, as he tries to move the flames to let them get through.

"I can help!" I shout. He looks back at me, conflicted but nod after a moment.

I raise my hands up, and close my eyes. I can do this. No wand, but I have the power to hold the flames long enough to let them through. I can do this.

I can feel my magic, much more than I normally would. Move the flames. Control the flames. Stop Harry. Save Ginny. I open my eyes, and see the flames moving from the path the others had ran into. "Go!" I tell the adults, and the three listen, rushing into the reeds to find the other two.

The heat was getting a bit to much for me. I focus again, but on trying to push the flames away and down, to hopefully be smaller. After a moment, the flames do so. No longer alive, and just become normal flames.

The others had came out, Hermione slowly walks over to me and hands me my wand. And I grab it, feeling a little better about having my wand back within my grasps, a small sense of control. The power is to much sometimes. 

Then an explosion comes from the upper floors of the burrow. Looking up I see 2 smoke figures exiting the now in flames home. I stare in shock. Their home, up in flames, on Christmas.

I step towards Mrs. Weasley, and see silent tears going down her face. I give her hand a squeeze, and look back sadly to the house. The others rush towards us from the reeds.

Mr. Weasley came up behind Mrs. Weasley and I. I let go of her hand knowing she would find more comfort with him. I side step towards the twins as we all look up as the a flamed home.

------------------

933 words

Oof, hope you enjoy.

Vote

Comment

Share

Lots of Luv~ snowflake