€41

It's all for protection.
The look of heart break from my baby's face pained me, but for safety I need to do what had to be done.

On my way to my father's, I cried and cried just knowing the impact this would have on Hillian's and mines relationship. The issue is a lot bigger than the both of us and so I had to help, but in the way that's most appropriate. By ripping out my heart and abandoning love.

So basically this is the situation. Ashley told her family that I had a family of my own and that I'd never be with her, so her family looked into it. They contacted my family from Italy. My family from Italy don't look highly of me, currently, because of all the rules I 'broke', so they took everything into consideration. Meanwhile, my father had beef with some next Polish cartel and that's why I've been spending so much more time with him, rather than fix mine and Hillian's personal situation. Ashley's mother is a snake and pulled strings to find out that my dad and this Polish cartel are beefing. My family from Italy weren't too involved with the beef, because my dad didn't call for help and if he doesn't then that means back off. My dad isn't very fond with a lot of our family members, so he will only turn to them if absolutely necessary. My family took this as an opportunity to hook bigger fish.

One, get me back into the game by separating me from Hillian, 'raise the new caprice baby properly', and train me to withstand my legacy. So I had to marry who they wanted me to marry, whom was Ashley.

Two, this allowed Ashley's mother to lure in the Polish cartel my father had beef with, so my family can put them down for good. By doing so they had to throw me under the buss so nothing seemed skeptical. Then my family, before news got to my father, wiped out the whole gang. Then people from Ashley's mother's side staged to be the opposing gang against my father, just so I could sign the papers without wasting time and clocking onto the situation. Then I was driven home.

Three, Ashley's father gave my father the realness on what's going on. I guess this is because he's starting to see more and more unfamiliar faces in their money making business. He told my pa that my family are considering a rebellion against my father as they have all the cards in their court and that's no secret. The fact that this was no secret was a declaration to the world that there might be chaos within the Caprice family. Where there's chaos there's fault and where there's fault there's weakness. So this attracted any and every opposition.

Though our family put our family in jeopardy their reasoning was, they needed us strong, and for the mere fact that the king and prince of this family are weakened so easily just goes to show. They haven't agreed with my father's methods ever since my mother died, but luckily everything was easily patched up for things to keep moving, but "small" incidents like the stunt they pulled off just goes to show that if we had a serious threat we wouldn't be able to handle as a network. So unless there had to be a real chaotic breakup within the family, which would be due to my dad and I completely turning our back to the family, then bigger rivals would find loops and holes to destroy our empire and would easily eliminate my father and I. My father knew it was true and wants the best for me. I want the best to protect my own family, as they mean everything to me. So I had to learn the 'good old fashion way' what it meant to be a Caprice. My family described it as a good thing, because I was being taking away from the tit to finally taking in whole foods. How badly I wished one of my cousins could carry the legacy itself, and I'm sure they'd be happy to, but according to the family 'it's not the way'. I tried to put up a fight, but it was useless, utter shit. I had to do it, it was my birth right. My father shielded me, apparently, from the real world and business of it all, so they were going to show me. They were going to mould me so I could do what I needed to do.

Thing is, I can't even blame Ashley, well I sorta can, but my family according to everyone seemed to be scheming a way to hone me in. They needed to restore natural order so if an unfamiliar tries to poke their head through they weren't able to. My family were surprisingly and not surprisingly -considering they're Italian-, Catholic. So they would never kill their own. But the only other way to restore order would to actually kill my father and I, which they wouldn't do. If I didn't have a relationship or a family then that would be fine for me, but they still 90% wouldn't do it even if I begged. So I had to do what's best for my family. My father's hands were tied and he tried his best, but I guess it wasn't good enough.

At least this way I can become what's needed of me, fully protect Amaria and fully protect Hillian even if it's from a distance. I rather learn to have control over entire situations to better my position as my father's successor, than risk it for a biscuit and the cookie to crumble. I do not want to see bullets travel through the skull of my loved ones. This is a good thing right?

Whether it is or not, it was the right thing.

Furthermore, I was joyed that Hillian won't be on her own as we left to board the jet to Italy. My aunt Monica was free and chose to stay with Hillian to help and support her. This gave me hope. One, because zia Monica helped my mother and good things came from that. Two, maybe once I am where I need to be I can restore my relationship with Hillian to some extent. Three, I will not need to fear her safety. Monica vowed to look after her for my sake and forever I'll be indebted to her. It's what family does I suppose, but no one in my family batted an eyelash to Hillian's name. None, but her. My father pitied her and the situation, but he, as head of the family, is now doing shit in the way he used to do shit. His cold, heartless mask was on and he was restoring the strength that was lost. He is doing shit in the way my grandfather taught him, in the way he didn't want to really teach me. So he kept silent through all this.

The last thing Monica said to me was, "I arrived at a time of trouble between yours and Hillian's relationship. That means a lot, because for the short time of my stay, I saw and felt true love. The type of love your father had for your mother. I tried to help matters boy." She then sobbed as she hugged me. "I tried!" She cried pitying me.

I know she tried to find a balance between my father's modern methods of work and the traditional family methods, but even her efforts weren't good enough.

Before I left the basement to my family home, I couldn't help the desperate, screaming tears bellow down my face at my actions. I too, was heartbroken. As I strained to look at Hillian's crouched, shaking body on the ground, I said what I could before being pulled away.

"Hillian, mi amore mi dispiace tantissimo. Lo so non puoi comprendere ma ti amo sempre, mi amore. Odio il mio stesso per questo ma è necessario."

Was what I said. I wish I could've engulfed her in a parted hug, a parting kiss, but I couldn't.
I took Amaria immediately out of the arms of one of the men. I hugged onto my baby the tightest I could without trying to hurt her. And bawled. I shattered with every step I took in the  direction to the main entrance.

At least she will be safe.