chapter 2

jake: "emma? in this house? i didn't think i would ever see this day." he laughed, a big, dopey smile on his face. i laughed and accepted the hug he offered me once i got over to where he was standing. jake and i were never close, but we're good friends, i guess you could say.
corey: "good to see you, em'." he hugged me. i, of course, hugged him back. again, corey and i weren't ever close either. the only friends that live in this bunker that i am really really close with are elton, sam, and kevin. i love everyone here equally, but the gap of not really talking between the two specific people of kind of put a wedge in how close we are.
elton: "hey, bean head." he hugged me. i giggled at the old name and hugged him as well. he had always called me that since i met him. again, i never knew why, but it doesn't bother me. it never has. we all sat on the couch and talked for awhile, until tara and devyn came bursting through the door. oh my god, it's them!
devyn and tara: "EMMA!!" they screamed in sync. i got up and ran to them, smiling, with no hesitation. we hugged for about a minute or so and we pulled away and laughed at how dramatic we were all being. i missed my girls. i'm somewhat close with them, too, but they don't live in the bunker with the boys. they often come over, though, because tara is in a relationship with jake, and devyn is in a relationship with corey.
emma: "i missed you guys." i smiled, watching their smiles get larger and larger.
tara: "we missed you!" she squealed.
devyn: "we really did!" she added, giggling. i said nothing and just smiled, giggling like a school girl when they did. we walked back over to the couch, devyn going to corey and tara going to jake after katrina gave them both hugs before she sat back down next to sam. corey and the girls didn't talk much, though, they usually never do. never understood why, but i choose not to dwell on it. they're just always...quiet... and part of me always wonders if it's me, like maybe they don't like me or something... but again, i choose not to dwell on it.
mike: "so, sam... where's colby?" he glanced at me before turning his attention to sam. who's colby?
sam: "not sure. he hasn't been here for awhile." he sounded casual, much more visibly relaxed than mike looks. what the hell is going on?
kevin: "isn't he out doing—" sam effectively cut him off by speaking sharply. doing what? why are they being weird?
sam: "kevin..." his eyes widened while he glanced at me, a now nervous expression etched blank on his face. i narrowed my eyes in confusion at sam and looked over at katrina, "sketchy." i mouthed to her. she rolled her eyes and we all proceeded to talk like nothing just happened. what in the fuck is going on right now and who's colby?
sam: "so, emma... my bestfriend, colby, will be back soon. you've never met him and he's kind of an asshole." what an introduction...
emma: "sounds like a great guy. can't wait to meet him." i muttered sarcastically.
katrina: "emma rede." she chuckled, shaking her head in disapproval. i laughed in turn, realizing that i probably sounded like an ass.
sam: "he'll be back soon. you can meet him and hopefully you guys will become good friends." good friends? what the hell is that supposed to mean?
emma: "why haven't i met him before?" i asked out of curiosity.
sam: "he's a homebody. never goes out, never meets new people, and rarely ever even leaves his room, if i'm being honest." he shrugged, his hand on katrina's thigh as she scoots closer to them.
emma: "feelings mutual, dude i've never met." i mumbled under my breath, sighing quietly.
kevin: "okay, i am well-aware that this is completely out of the blue and has nothing to do with anything we're talking about, but if i didn't know you guys and never met you, i would think you guys were actually siblings." he laughed, pointing a finger at sam and i. what?
emma: "how? we look nothing alike." i laughed, confused as to where that even came from.
mike: "i can see it." he mused, laughing lightly.
sam and i laughed, both of us slightly confused, and we all talked and got caught up, since i haven't talked to them in what feels like forever. without realizing the time had passed, forty five uneventful minutes had gone by and the front door, or whatever the hell it's called— a trap door? a bunker door? who fucking knows, but it opened. a tall, ocean-blue eyed boy with blue-streaked, brown colored hair, the brown dominating the blue, walked through the door gracefully. he had chains on his pants, the long pieces of linked metal swinging from pocket to pocket and rings that probably cost more than my apartment all over his fingers. oh, wow... he looks like a dick, but his physical appearance makes up for it. he also looks like he could screw more girls than i could even make friends with in one night. but damn, is he breathtaking... to keep myself from staring, i looked back over at the group and i talked to them as they talked back to me, trying to distract myself from embarrassing myself in front of the mysterious boy. i felt my face heat up from the feel of eyes on me, not sure from who, though.
sam: "hey, colby." he got up and they shook hands, a loud clasp echoing through the walls. oh, so that's colby.
colby: "wait, who the fuck are you?" he asked rudely and sharply, his tone gruff. out of my peripheral, i see him looking over and pointing at me with a long, slender finger. so many things could be done with those fingers... i jerked my head to him and sized him, my face returning to normal color, "and who the fuck are you to think that you can talk to me like that?" i retorted, my eyebrows shooting up to the sky.
everyone: "woah." everyone in my sight covered their mouths in shock. they act like nobody's ever stood up to this boy before. was i the first? surely not. i mean, people can't actually just let this man walk all over them, can they? although, when you look like that, i guess you could get whatever the hell you ask for and have it served to you on a gold plate with flowers. seriously, who is this man? i rolled my eyes and looked back over at tara who was showing me something on her phone, trying to distract myself. colby didn't say anything, i don't think. i didn't see him do anything either, except maybe stand there and roll his eyes, but i couldn't see him.
sam: "anyways... emma, this is colby. colby, this is emma." i looked back over at him, my subconscious screaming at me to not be so harsh.
emma: "hey asshole, nice to meet you." i gave him a fake, very much needed, sarcastic smile. he waved sarcastically and rolled his eyes, a smug look on his face. two can play at that game. i wanted to ask him where he learned his manners from because surely it wasn't his parents. i mean, i wasn't the nicest towards him either, but i give back the energy i receive. it's what i do and it's who i am.
elton: "i was hoping you would snap at him, bite him in the ass before he takes advantage like he does everyone else." he said quietly, watching as colby walked back into the kitchen. huh? take advantage?