chapter 72 (colby's pov)

sam: "what the hell?" he exclaims, effectively waking me up out of my slumber. i open my eyes and look at sam as his eyes linger to emma who's passed out cold next to me. she's laying on her side facing towards me, the comforter halfway down her torso to where her breasts are exposed. i quickly cover her up and sit myself upright, scowling at sam for intruding.
colby: "the door was locked for a reason, how the fuck did you break in and for what reason was so important to do so?" i snapped, scrubbing my face. why does he look so pissed?
sam: "you do know that emma's back, right?" he asks angrily, his arms crossed in front of his chest. huh?
colby: "yeah, of course i do. what's this about?" i yawned, looking down at emma for a short moment. damn, she is beautiful.
sam: "then who's laying in your bed next to you naked?" he asks, his face turning pink as he glanced down at emma's figure that's now covered up. oh, so that's what this is about...
colby: "would you lower your voice? this is emma and she happens to be asleep, if you couldn't already tell, so could you not wake her up?" i scolded, whispering aggressively as i point down to her sleeping body. sam's face fell in embarrassment, his cheeks turning red. don't accuse me, asshole.
sam: "oh..." he quipped, leaving an awkward silence in the room.
colby: "yeah, "oh"," i sassed, "now, what was so important that you needed to pick a lock to get into my room?" i bark, suddenly smiling when emma moves closer to me. she is seriously so fucking gorgeous. her skin is pearly, her eyelashes are long and fanned out over her cheeks as she sleeps peacefully, her lips slightly parted as she inhales and exhales leisurely and quietly. she looks like she's definitely enjoying her sleep, but who can blame her? after that sex, i'd still be sleeping, too if sam hadn't barged in. bitch.
sam: "i was coming in to let you know that emily is really mad and she called elton saying that she was on her way over here." he said, his eyes wide and aware. what the fuck?
colby: "how in the hell did she get elton's number?" i asked quietly, my voice sharp.
sam: "if i knew i would tell you. but i don't know how long it's going to be until she gets here, and i don't know if she has anything against emma." he gave me a pointed look, referring to emma who's just laid her head on my thigh. did he really need to pick a lock for that? he could've just called me.
colby: "emily's upset because she saw emma and i together, so she definitely has something to say about that. but i'll be down in a minute, we could handle it down there." he nodded and walked out as i placed my hand on emma's naked spine, allowing me to turn my full attention to her who is passed out asleep where her head is now in my lap. i brush my fingers down the side of her face and smile, finally feeling peace that she's here. that she's here with me and that makes me feel greater than you could even imagine. i only just knew that she was back when i found her sitting in the alley just six hours ago, and now here we are laying naked in my bed where she belongs. she belongs here with me and i'm more than confident and sure of it. her and i still have some talking to do about why she didn't just tell me about brennen giving her those options to begin with, i just hope and pray to god that it doesn't end with us ignoring each other or being mad with one another. i want to have a conversation with her without all the screaming between us both and hopefully without all of the crying. i don't think i can take emma crying anymore. it physically pains me to see her so upset. my thoughts were interrupted when emma let out a little whine as she subtly stretched, flipping her face up to mine as i gaze down at her. she slowly flutters her beautiful blue eyes open and smiles shyly when she sees me.
emma: "what time is it?" she asks, her voice raspy and small. aw, baby...
colby: "late enough for it to be dark outside." i gazed down at her as she itches her eyes.
emma: "the nap was worth it, though. i haven't slept that good for what feels like an eternity." she groaned, sitting up and facing me. yeah, that's because you cuddled with brennen and he wasn't the person to give you a good night's sleep.
colby: "it's because that sex was equivalent to taking a Vikoden." i chuckled, watching her eyes sparkle as she laughed. my eyes lingered down to her breasts, in which they were not covered, just as she took the comforter and covered herself up. damn.
emma: "what time did you wake up?" she yawned, wrapping herself up in my comforter.
colby: "not long before you did. sam came in the room and woke me up to let me know that emily is on her way over here. i'm surprised you didn't wake up then because we weren't being the quietest."
emma: "you're girlfriend, emily?" she asked inquisitively. no...
colby: "ex-girlfriend, emma. i have you, why would i still be with her?" she nodded her head slowly in comprehension.
emma: "right... ex," she corrected herself, shaking her head, flustered, "what does she want then?" she continued, her eyes squinting in confusion.
colby: "who knows, she complains about anything and everything." i rolled my eyes, laughing when emma did. emma and i both looked over at the door when it suddenly opened, sam popping his head in once again.
sam: "oh, hey emma," he smiled, as did emma, "also, she's here. and she is flaming." he said, his eyes wide. goddamnit. i look over at emma as she tightens her grip on the comforter to make sure she stays covered, i think. yeah, no one else sees you but me.
colby: "okay, we'll be down in a minute." i nodded, dreading this entire situation.
emma: "we? who's we?" she exclaims in protest.
colby: "i don't trust that emily won't try to pull something on me and make it look like it's my doing. i want you with me in case something happens." i looked at her, holding back my amusement when she started tracing the tattoo on my hand, averting her attention from me. how is she so adorable but yet so fucking hot at the same time?
sam: "whatever you two decide, make it quick." and with that, he ducked back out of the room and closed the door behind him. i look at emma, watching as her head swivels towards the door and back to me.
emma: "let's just get this over with." she sighed in annoyance, jumping off of the bed as the comforter falls off of her. i gazed at her beyond perfect figure as she got dressed, watching as she slides her Nike Pro's up her legs... the snap of the waistband clinging to her hips sounding in my ears. the very inappropriate thoughts left my mind when she threw one of my hoodies over her head, the extra baggage of clothing hanging loosely off of her body.
colby: "hey, that's mine!" i laughed, walking towards her with the most idiotic smile on my face.
emma: "see, that's where you're wrong, brock. two days ago, this was yours. but, now, it's ours." she smiled, fluffing through her now matted hair. call me "brock" again, baby...
colby: "i think it's safer to say that it's yours, but i'll go with it." i replied, laughing along with her. what caught me off guard, though, was her laugh sounded kind of forced. she sounds a little off... what did i do?
emma: "can you please get dressed now? i want to get this over with." she asked after a beat, her expression completely changed. woah...
colby: "hey, what's wrong?" i asked softly, stepping closer to her. she sighed deeply, making it clear that something was wrong.
emma: "honestly, everything. the guilt, the sadness, the overwhelming urge to beg and plead for your forgiveness... everything. and last night, we just kissed and made up like nothing happened, but it's eating me alive, colby. this guilty pit of emotion in my stomach that won't go away no matter how hard i try to forget it and tell myself that situation with brennen never happened, i genuinely am so fucking disappointed in myself, colby. and i hate that i never said anything. i hate that i never picked up the phone when you called to ask for help or to even tell you what was going on. it's fucked up, colby. and it was my doing!" she said sharply, her eyes glazing over with tears, "and even though it won't help, all i want is a big ass hug from you and a speech along the lines of "don't worry, i love you no matter what" even if you don't mean it!" she snapped, sadness coating her tone.
emma: "i-i'm sorry, i didn't mean to go off like that..." she muttered, an embarrassed look on her face. i immediately stepped closer and brought her into me, hugging her tightly as she clings to me like vine. she buries her head in the pivot of my neck and sighs softly, wrapping her arms around my torso tightly.
colby: "we'll get through this... together. from now on, it's me and you and always will be. that gap with the whole brennen thing already happened, but we can move forward. and last night i think was the first step. i finally had you beneath me after being away from you for so long and i could admire you the way i did before in which i will do more of since we're together again. i'm not leaving and neither are you. we are going to stay with each other and be there for one another for as long as we need to be. i forgive you. i forgave you the day you walked out on me." i said softly, feeling her cool breath on my neck.
emma: "how can you forgive me so quickly?" she leans back, her voice quiet.
colby: "because i'm in love with you and will do anything and everything to have you where you belong... which is with me." i whispered, gazing at her deeply. her eyes suddenly lit up, a heart-felt sparkle in her eyes. i smiled when she leaned up and kissed me, a deep, passionate, affectionate kiss from the beautiful woman standing in front of me. i slid my hands down her waist and loosely lay them on her backside, feeling her lips slowly detach from mine.
emma: "me and you. always has been and always will be." she whispers sincerely, a smile on her face. i kiss her once more and i was delighted when she entwined her fingers with my hair.

emily: "colby!" she shouts in anger, emma and i only just stepping off of the stairs. what the hell?
colby: "why are you here?" i asked rudely, walking closer to her as elton and kevin stand next to sam who is close to me. emma steps back by elton, really not wanting in on the situation. i should've let her stay upstairs like she wanted to. this isn't her problem and here i am dragging her into it.
emily: "to prove a point! you and i had something, colby! and you were willing to just throw that away?" she shouts, the pitch in her voice causing damage to my ear drums. oh my god, go away.
colby: "had, emily! i would throw anything away if it means being with that beautiful girl standing right over there!" i point back to emma, "so, yes! i threw it away because i don't care! about you, about anything! just get out! live with it and move on!" i shout back, watching as she cowers down and steps back a little bit.
emily: "you would give up your life for that little slut? what do even see in her?" she raves in disgust, making my blood boil. oh, no, no, no. i look back at emma and see a tight smirk on her face as she looks down at the ground, clearly amused by the situation. what is she up to?
emma: "someone's mad..." she speaks in a sing-song tone, looking up at emily. get her, baby... go.
emily: "mad? the only person who should be mad is you when i tell you that your little boy toy here said he loves me." she said, all-too proudly. what? no i didn't. emma momentarily lets her comment get the best of her before she returns back to being the bold and confident woman she is.
emma: "seriously?" she laughs out sarcastically, "i've made a mistake worse than you could probably think of and i'm still screaming his name," she pauses, oh, you are definitely doing that, "baby, you and i are not the same, so please don't try and act like it. i suggest you leave, though, because if you don't, my best friend is right around the corner and you do not want to see her defending me. deal?" she clasps her hands together in front of her chest, looking as if she's trying to contain herself. that's my girl. emily huffed in protest before strutting away angrily, almost falling on her ass when the length of her heels betrayed her. once she walked out, i turn to emma and watch as she shakes her head and throws her arms up, flustered.
emma: "okay, this is karma at its finest. i get it, God, okay? i understand i fucked up but damn. this is more in a day than i'm used to getting in a matter of twenty-four hours. just put it in the record book, why don't you?" she looks up, her tone stressed and annoyed. someone say something because if i do, there's a chance i'll fuck things up.
elton: "you feel better?" he asks cautiously, closely regarding her reaction.
emma: "no, elton. i don't. and won't for a while, but thanks for asking," she snapped, holding her head in her hands before suddenly lifting her head up, her eyes wide, "oh my god, i'm sorry, i didn't mean for that to sound so rude." she continued immediately after, realization on her face. well, shit. that happened.