chapter 15 (colby's pov)

emma came walking into the kitchen at the same time i did after i walked out of the gym. i saw that that she was back in her outfit. not my clothes. she pulled her phone out of her pocket and sat at the table.
colby: "still cute." i smiled.
emma: "keep talking or we're fighting." she teased, threatening me humorously.
colby: "doesn't mean you'll win." i smirked.
she jerked her head to me and got in my face, inches away from my touch, by lifting up in her seat. the ass that i was just rubbing up on and close to just stripping right then and there, was now flying high in the air.
emma: "i'll take you up on that, brock." she backed away and walked to the gym. oh, she's not playing around. i followed after her, dumbfounded, and i pulled out a tumbling mat once we got back in the gym. she tied her hair up in a messy bun with a scrunchie and walked onto the mat, stretching her arms. she looked gorgeous.
emma: "take your first swing, tough guy." she smirked.
i smiled and took a bold swing at her. she dodged that shit quick, and came up and punched me in the stomach even quicker. holy shit. she knows her way around for sure. her and i went at it with each other and she dodged most of my hits. some she missed and i felt bad, but she brushed it off and came back stronger. after about three minutes or so, she grabbed my arm and put it behind my back and had me pushed up against the wall.
emma: "keep playing, asshole." she whispered in my ear. those three little words held so much...
colby: "alright, you win." i groaned.
she let go of me and stepped back so i had room to move away from the wall.
colby: "i'm impressed." i gave her a small, quiet round of applause.
emma: "thank you." she did a playful curtsy.
we both laughed. the group always sees me as the lead fighter out of all of us, but emma brings it to a whole new level. actually...
colby: "how would you feel if you practiced with the rest of the group and i?" her brows furrowed as a sign that she didn't understand.
emma: "what do you mean?"
colby: "me, jake, sam, elton, mike, and kevin. show us some of your techniques so that we'll be more prepared for when we get called for pursuit."
emma: "i may be down for that." she bobbed her head up and down in contemplation.
colby: "you and i have to fight again, to show our friends that you're better than me, though." i smiled.
she let an evil grin cross her face, "i have no problem beating your ass on round two."
i smirked, "you can try, princess." even though she'll beat me. she blushed and rolled her eyes playfully at me. yes, princess, because that's what you are.
colby: "so what do you say?"
emma: "i'm down for it, but i guess we'll see what sam and them say about it." she shrugged. yes!
i smiled and nodded at her and we both walked out of the gym. we walked out and everyone loving in the bunker was sitting in the living room. they all looked at me, and then emma, in confusion.
jake: "you let her see the gym?" he said with a shocked— and happy, i think— look on his face.
mike: "i was wondering the same thing..." he mused.
colby: "yeah, so what?"
elton: "you never show people the gym, colby."
he was right. my exes, all from a couple years ago, would always come over and i never showed any of them the gym because i never trusted them to know what they might think about all of this stuff. emma though, i already trust her... woah, what is she doing to me? the gym has weapons and things in it that they would've questioned me about for days. they never even knew about the whole gang thing because i refused to tell them. they didn't mean enough to me for me to tell them.
colby: "well, i changed my mind, so what?"
sam: "alright guys. leave him alone."
thanks, sammy.
i looked at emma. she nodded at me and i looked back at the group.
colby: "so, as you all know... emma knows about us." everyone stopped and looked at emma and i as we stood in front of the room awkwardly.
elton: "yeah, so...?" he said impatiently.
colby: "...and she can fight better than i can..." i said, half embarrassed.
everyone's eyes went wide.
kevin: "you're lying." he said shocked.
emma: "no. he's not. i beat his ass once, and i'm not afraid to do it again." she giggled, a smirk playing on her plump lips. i playfully rolled my eyes at her while everyone else chuckled.
jake: "i don't believe you." he shrugged.
colby: "you will. which leads me to my next question..."
everyone looked at me impatiently.
colby: "she's good enough to show us new techniques..."
mike: "she's that good, huh?" he smirked at emma. don't look at her like that.
colby: "mike, dude, eyes over here, buddy." i eyed him. his eyes shot to mine and he rolled his eyes. emma glanced at me and i saw her rosy cheeks from the natural blush that crossed her face. she was makeup free today, so i saw her natural beauty. she truly is a goddess sent from heaven.
sam: "i've seen her fight. she's got it in the bag." i looked back at him.
colby: "yeah, she sure does. so, my proposal to you guys is... emma and i are going to fight, like a real fight. you guys are going to watch and see just how good she is, and you guys can tell her and i what you think."
they all murmured their positive opinions of yes' and emma smiled.
colby: "okay, sounds good. in a couple of hours, i'll call you guys down and we'll do it then."
they all nodded and they went their separate ways of the house after the meeting was over. sam walked up to emma and i when the room was evacuated.
sam: "em, i brought your clothes. i set them in colby's room."
it made me smile.
emma: "why his room?" she chuckled.
sam: "because whatever you two got going on, is going on. so that's why. and another thing..."
emma and i laughed nervously. yes, there's something going on. that moment when i was grabbing all up on her wasn't "nothing".  she trusted me to do that. i saw it in her eyes.
emma: "another thing?"
sam: "katrina wants to talk to you." i saw emma's face change completely, the smile that was there faded slowly and sadly.
emma: "about what?"
sam: "she said she wants her best friend back and that she's really sorry about what she said."
emma: "no, that was wrong of her. especially because all of you now have a different opinion on me. she didn't have to-" i stopped her.
colby: "no one has a different opinion about you. we all love you, okay?" i said reassuringly.
she nodded, barely listening to a word i said.
sam: "i'll drive you over to your place whenever you would like me too."
emma: "actually, could you drive me home now? i have to shower."
hmm, emma in the shower... it makes my face go red just thinking about it.
sam: "katrina wil bombard you at the front door..." he warned.
emma: "fuck." she groaned in frustration. i imagine her moaning that while her body is under mine and i shift uncomfortably from the very explicit picture that popped up in my mind of her dressed in that stringy lingerie from the mall.
colby: "just shower here." she shot me a smirk and then quickly turned back to sam. she thought it too.
emma: "i feel weird showering at other people's houses, or whatever the fuck you call this thing."
i laughed.
colby: "it's a bunker, and don't feel weird. you're basically going to be living here since-" i really need to watch what i'm saying, "actually it doesn't matter why. just don't feel weird." my cheeks flamed up. she smiled at me and shook her head. she probably thinks i'm an idiot. just after one comment.
sam: "the guest bathroom is down the hall and to the right."
colby: "towels are in the cabinet."
sam: "your bag is in colby's room."
colby: "there's face wash by the sink."
she looked back over at us as she was almost up to my room, "anything else?" she shouted from the stairs.
"your clothes are in your bag." sam and i shouted at the exact same time. him and i high-fived and emma laughed and shook her head. she finished her trek up the stairs, and then she came back down a few seconds later carrying her bag. i watched her as she went into the bathroom and closed the door. there is something about this girl that can't keep my away from her... what the fuck? i want to cuddle her, i want to fuck the living shit out of her, i want to protect her, i want to claim her... i just want her. however she comes, i want her. all of her.