chapter 45

lord, what i would do to go home right now. i don't want to ruin whatever plans colby has, but my stomach is cramping so bad. it seems as if every time i repeat the cycle, it gets worse... and worse... and worse... guys don't have to deal with this shit every month, now do they? how come they can't bleed every month so that they could have a baby? being a female is hard, i don't care what anyone says. i'm sure that males have issues they have to deal with, whatever those may be, but bleeding internally from your vagina and it looking as if a cow was butchered in your damn panties is not something is females enjoy. no, thank you.
emma: "uhm... can we go hang out at my place?" i asked, wincing at the pain in my lower back. when i was getting ready this morning, i swear my cramps and back pain weren't this bad. what changed? it's been almost an hour, at most, and i feel like my internal organs are being ripped out. the medicine i just popped in my mouth isn't helping yet either.
colby: "why not my place?" he asked, curious.
because i don't want to use your bathroom while i'm on my period, colby.
emma: "i just want to chill at my place for a little while." i was confused at my own response. i haven't wanted to go to my apartment in who knows how long and now all of a sudden i "want to chill at my place"? emma, you make zero sense, whatsoever.
colby: "and you weren't going to ask if i wanted to come with?" i could tell he was teasing, but i wasn't having it.
emma: "baby, don't ask questions. just go to my place." oof, that sounded rude. goddammit.
colby: "alright, damn." he said, his eyes wide. emma, cool it, he didn't do anything to you. i rolled my eyes inwardly at myself and he continued to drive, not saying a word, until we came to a stop at red light.
colby: "look, i don't know what's wrong with you, but i love you." he said softly. i didn't say anything. i didn't want to. if i were to say one more thing, it would sound really mean and that's not my intention. not really looking to lose the love of my life today. while i was still laying on his arm from fifteen minutes ago, he leaned down to me and playfully kissed all over my cheek and neck, letting his lips linger behind my ear, afterwards. i couldn't help but smile when his laugh rang peacefully in my ears.
colby: "there's that beautiful smile." he grinned. i smiled even larger at his comment. he's so fucking sweet, ugh! it wasn't even ten minutes later that we pulled into the parking lot of my apartment. i briefly wondered if katrina was home, but realized that she was probably with sam. i grabbed the CVS bag and my small purse and we both walked up into my building. i opened the door and i flopped on the couch after dropping every bag and my purse on the counter.
colby: "what happened, princess?" he walked over to me and kissed my lips softly. i obviously kissed him back, but pulled away after a second. he crouched down on his knees, sitting to where he was leveled to me, and comfortingly massaged my thigh with his large, ring-clad hand.
emma: "i started my period today and my stomach hurts really bad." i sighed, watching him frown before he removed his hand.
colby: "how about," he paused, "you go take a shower and then when you're done, we'll sit and watch a movie. i'll order some postmates if you want, too." gah! he's so sweet!
emma: "you're the best, you know that?" i smiled weakly, sitting up to face him.
he shrugged shyly, "i try." he smiled, voluntarily helping me off of the couch. i stood to my feet and
walked into the bathroom. i stripped my clothes, seeing the scar from my bullet wound, and stepped into the shower. earlier, when colby had asked me about the slit on my neck from when the opposing gang barged into the bunker. when he was reminding me of that, i couldn't help the smile that crossed my face when he said "our'" bunker. i know for a fact that he didn't mean it like the way it sounds, but it still got to me and it still made me smile like an idiot. but, after thirty uneventful minutes of showering, i stepped out and dried off my body, cautious not to get blood on my towel. seriously, women go through so much. i put on my baggiest sweatpants and colby's hoodie before combing the soppy mess that i call my hair up into a messy bun. i walked back out to my living room and saw colby sitting on the couch with the lights off and a heating pad next to him. he looked over at me and smiled after he scanned my body up and down.
colby: "i set up the heating pad for you so that your pain isn't as bad." he said with that cute little smile that makes his subtle dimples pop out. aw, no way!
emma: "i truly don't deserve you." i smiled at him in awe.
colby: "if we're being technical, you deserve more than me, but, that doesn't matter right now. come sit next to me, baby." he smiled sweetly. i smiled cheekily and strolled over to him. i sat next to him and on the heating pad, feeling the heat soothe my lower back pain. i laid my head on his shoulder and he put his hand under the hoodie that i was wearing, massaging my stomach where my cramps were located. i smiled at him before i turned my head back to the random movie that was being played while i felt the soothing sensation from his hand on my stomach and the heat on my back. i would hate to be one of the females that wasn't treated like this. he was the best man that i have ever had and that i could ever ask for. even the littlest things that he does has me mooning over him as if we just met. the night him and i met will forever be one of my favorite moments. another one of my favorite moments was when that banana was thrown splat against the floor of the bunker and colby and i cleaned it up. that was the moment i realized that i really did have feelings for him. i remember inwardly freaking out when our hands brushed each other's and then blushing when the very inappropriate images came unbidden into my mind. damn, i love this man. after a little bit of just watching a movie with my boyfriend, there was an intimidating knock on my front door. my brows furrowed and i looked at colby. he shrugged and got up to open it before i could. he turned to me quickly with eyes wider than i had ever seen. there was a look of warning in his eyes that told me that this wasn't a friendly visit from whoever knocked on the door. i got worried from the look in his eyes and sat up on the couch. my heart started to beat louder and faster when two huge, scary guys came rushing in... towards me. colby was pushed to the side with force and the two men grabbed me by both of my arms and forced me out of my apartment, squeezing tightly. tears were falling from my face out of fear and anxiety while i screamed and kicked to get free. needless to say, it wasn't working. while being dragged down the stairs towards the parking lot, colby raced after me as quick as he could, tears streaming his face.
colby: "I LOVE YOU, EMMA! I WILL FIX THIS! I PROMISE, I WILL FIX THIS!" he sobbed, breathing heavily.
emma: "COLBY!" i screeched loudly, my tears choking me. almost like a scene from a movie, i was pushed with force into a white van and the doors slammed closed just as colby reached the van. i was so fucking scared but i had pretend that i wasn't bothered. who just grabbed me and where are they taking me? i wiped my eyes absent of tears and focused my vision on who was in the front seats of the moving vehicle.
??: "how are you, sweetheart?" the man speaking had a deep voice.
emma: "the name's emma, not sweetheart." i rolled my eyes and sniffed, allowing my anxiety to take it's course in which i show no emotion.
??: "oh, i know. i just want to call you something different." seriously, who is this guy and who's the guy driving? i said nothing and just sat there. what do you want, psycho?
??: "well, i'm brennen. this is my brother jake," he paused, regarding my facial expressions, "they call us the taylors." a proud, sinister smile on his face. i could jump out of the car door... you're going to break your face and neck if you do that, you idiot. the kidnapping brothers are going 90 down this highway, my subconscious growled at me like i was stupid. she's right, but i need to get out of this situation somehow.
emma: "who's they?" i retorted, scowling.
jake taylor: "watch the attitude, missy." he warned. missy?
i rolled my eyes, "why am i here, anyways?" i sniffed once again, wiping my nose. clearly they're not geniuses because my hands aren't tied up and a bag isn't over my head. do they realize that i could literally do anything and get out of this vehicle? i'd break at least two bones, but i'd still be out, right?
brennen: "oh, you don't know?" he asked sarcastically, "your boyfriend and his gang killed off the members of my gang. in turn, i take you—the most important thing to him." he smiled a sinister smile. holy shit! i just got kidnapped by a gang. fuck me, i groaned inwardly at myself.
jake taylor: "are you familiar with now expired mike and/or corey?" i smirked at me evilly through the rear view mirror. oh, no no no...
emma: "oh... shit..." i whispered in horror, "you're the sparrows..." i continued, nervous.
jake taylor: "oh, look at you with the vocabulary." he laughed evilly.
brennen: "smart girl," he paused, "but yes, that is correct." i rolled my eyes and said nothing. i was lit up with hopes that it was colby buzzing my phone in my back pocket. luckily, it wasn't loud enough for brennen and jake to hear. again, i wasn't tied up or anything, so i had time to text colby... or somebody. when brennen, i think his name is, had turned back around to face the road while his brother drove hurriedly, i quickly pulled out my phone and carefully typed in my password so that my nails weren't tapping the screen. when unlocked, i saw that my phone was full of missed calls from colby and everyone else. i texted colby first, letting him know that i'm okay for right now and that brennen has me. he promised he would find me and that he would fix this... let's just hope he sticks to his word. fuck, my back hurts... i hope this doesn't last too long because being kidnapped on your monthly cycle doesn't sound too appealing.