chapter 50 (colby's pov)

what? i raced up the stairs after emma, worried and confused. why did she start crying? what's happened? did i do do something?
colby: "emma!" i called after her as she entered my room. i took three large steps towards her and before i could hold the door open, she slammed it shut in front of me. i twisted the door knob, in hopes she didn't lock it, but she did.
colby: "emma, please. what's happened?" i sighed, staring at the door hoping she would open it.
emma: "go away!" her strangled sobs left a piercing ringing in my ears. no, no... why is my poor baby crying? i put my back on the door and slid myself down until i hit the floor. minute after minute, emma's cries and screams got louder, re-piercing my soul each and every time.
colby: "baby, please talk to me." i said sadly, feeling a single tear roll down my cheek. there was no response, but i kept trying to get her attention... still,
nothing. it was finally after about fifteen minutes that she had opened the door. i jumped to my feet, almost falling, and nearly broke down in tears when i saw her tear stained face along with her puffy, bloodshot red eyes staring back at me sadly. i was scared. i didn't know what happened or how to help or what to do. instinctively, i brought her into the tightest embrace i could've possibly ever given her and she hugged me back tightly, holding on for dear life. a few moments later, she pulled away from me... a look of feeling overwhelmed on her face.
emma: "i- i love you so fucking much and thank you for everything you've done for me. thank you for not cutting me off after knowing my story and thank you for being the only one there for me. c- colby, i literally can't thank you enough." she sobbed, her voice barely making out full words. i had tears start in my eyes. she was scaring me. what is happening?
emma: "i- i.... don't wa-" she sobbed, stopping as she couldn't finish her sentence, "want to.... d-do this..... a- an....." she paused, a nerve wracking silence between us, "anymore..." she sobbed hard, rubbing her thumb against my cheek. i let the threatening tears slip from my eyes.
colby: "d-do what?" i stuttered, hoping she doesn't say what i think she's going to say.
emma: "...us." she broke down in tears completely. i felt like my heart just stopped working. she was the only reason i was who i am and now she's leaving me? i pulled her hand away from my face and she let her hand drop to her side. tears instantly started streaming my face, feeling like i just watched someone jump off of a bridge in front of me. we were fine fifteen minutes ago, what changed?
colby: "baby, please..." i cried. no, please, don't leave me!
emma: "i love you." she sobbed, her face crinkling in pain from all of the tears.
colby: "t-then why a-are you doing t-this?" i sniffed, twisting my rings nervously.
emma: "p-please don't ask questions." she sobbed uncontrollably, wiping her face clean from tears as best as she could.
colby: "no, emma! emma, you can't leave me! i need you!" i was full on sobbing at this point. i didn't care who heard me, all i wanted was emma. what did i do, wrong!
emma: "colby, please..." she cried, her tears being ripped from the depths of her soul. she seriously looks so broken and exhausted that it makes me feel like i did this.
colby: "what did i do wrong?" i sobbed out, choking on my own tears.
emma: "a-absolutely nothing. i-i just need this for myself." she took in a heavy breath.
colby: "god, no! i can't lose you!" i shouted, opening up to her embrace as she held me close. her and i both stood there in my doorway for what felt like hours, just sobbing in each other's arms.
emma: "i love you, bubba... so so much. please, don't forget that." she cried, leaning back and looking me in my eyes. my heart shattered when she called me "bubba" for the last time.
colby: "i could never forget you, emma. i love you way more." she choked on another sob before finally walking away and down the stairs. i scrubbed my face, feeling my chest tighten at her last words to me, and walked downstairs after her, trying to play off the fact that i was practically begging for her not to leave me.
sam: "are you guys okay?" sam asked, concerned, when emma and i walked into the living room.
elton: "oh my god, wait. you guys are not okay. why are you both crying?" he asked, horror in his voice.
emma: "i'm going on vacation, everyone give me hugs." she cried out, wiping her tears as quick as she could. vacation? everyone got up with confusion all over their faces and gave her hugs. emma was giving them long, deep hugs and was receiving them in turn. something was definitely up, but i didn't know what. as i approached her for one last hug, she pulled her phone out. her face completely dropped, almost like she just shattered an 800 year old statue that was in a history museum.
emma: "i-i've got to go. my ride's here." she stormed towards the front door.
colby: "wait, what about your clothes?" my voice cracked, trying to hold in my tears as much as possible.
emma: "erm... th-they're already there. bye, i love you all so so much." she zoomed out through the front door. everyone in the room exchanged looks of confusion. seriously, what is happening?
elton: "okay, what the fuck just happened?"
kevin: "i'm wondering the same thing. she was fine earlier."
sam: "what did she say to you, colby?"
colby: "s- she... uh..." i paused, tears forcing themselves out of my eyes, "broke up with me." i cried, looking down at the floor so that nobody could see me crying.
kat: "she did?" she said, shocked.
sam: "that's not like her." he said cautiously.
kevin: "she wouldn't just leave for "vacation"," he quoted, "where is she actually going?"
kat: "somebody check her location."
elton: "colby, son, are you okay?" he walked up to me. i looked up at him, feeling as tears dripped and spilled from my eyes and elton's face softened. putting his hands on the back of my head, he pulled me into his shoulder and hugged me, causing me to sob like the little bitch that i am. the love of my life is just... gone! i can't do anything without her!
elton: "shh, it's okay, son."
colby: "no, elton! it's not okay! the only person that i've ever loved with every single part of me is gone! she's gone and i don't know what i did wrong! i have done everything to keep her happy!" i sobbed loudly, strangled tears being ripped from the bottom of my heart.
elton: "i know it hurts, colby, but you have got to relax. you're going to pass out if you don't breathe or drink some water." he sighed, rubbing my back soothingly. i sobbed a moment longer and had finally caught my breath, my eyes burning from being screwed shut so tightly. sam and the other just stared at me, not knowing what to say.
kevin: "she turned it off. her location... it's off." he looked up at me, his mouth popped open.
what the fuck? her location is always on.
sam: "what the hell?"
kevin: "what do we do?"
elton: "i'm not sure of what to do, but something's definitely up. she wouldn't ever break up with colby by choice. we all know how much she loves him and would do anything to make sure she doesn't lose him... why would she break up with him? and not only that, the vacation bullshit? she didn't even have anything with her. no clothes, no suitcase... not even a purse or her wallet. all she had in her hand was her phone and her phone charger. this isn't right." he panicked, using aggressive hand motions to show how worried he is.
sam: "elton's right. this isn't emma and the entirety of this situation seems odd. we'll figure this out, though. everyone try to contact her in every way possible." and just like that, everyone scrambled onto their phones and called and texted, trying every possible way to get through to her. i did the same and there was nothing. i lost the love of my life over something that i don't even know is happening. could she have found another guy? she wouldn't cheat on me... would she? no... no she wouldn't. what if all of this gang stuff scared her? did i scare her? goddammit, this is all my fault. i started to break down in tears, once again, forgetting that everyone was in the living room and they could see and hear me as clear as day. sam walked up to me and practically dragged me into another room. he gave me a hug and did everything in his power to calm me down. my breathing gradually got slower and my tears started to dry. i was terrified... depressed, even. she's really gone... what if something happens to her? what if another gang comes in and swoops her? wait... another gang... brennen! no, no. she wouldn't just go to brennen... brennen would have to kidnap her and take her unexpectedly... unless it was a good ole' game of blackmail... but i doubt it.
sam: "we'll find her, okay?" he clasped my shoulders, looking me in my eyes.
colby: "did she find someone else?" i asked, scrubbing my face.
sam: "no, brother, she didn't. she loves you and only you. that wasn't emma. we're going to find out what is happening, just try to stay calm and let's contact other people that could have any connection with her, okay?" i nodded and we walked out into the living room only to find everyone, except katrina, typing madly at their laptops. i moseyed around them to see what they were looking at, but i didn't see anything that caught my eye. i was starting to panic. there is literally no trace of her whatsoever. not even the slightest little bit of footage that we hacked into had caught her on any cameras. there is literally nothing left of her. please, emma, please... come back to me... please! i need you with me and i need to know that you're safe!