chapter 57

emma: "well, believe me. if i had the chance to come back right now, i would. in a heartbeat. but brennen threatens me every single day that i'm here that if i try anything, you guys and colby are gone and i'm left to suffer." i sighed, sounding a little whiny. i seriously sound like a three year old who lost her lollipop when she took her doll to the playground.
katrina: "but think about it. if you do come back, brennen won't be able to take four against one. it's only him and colby could take him just by himself without any help." she protested.
emma: "katrina, it's not just brennen. there's kian, jc and bradley... along with the men that i don't know that he meets with everyday in the fucking living room. and when i tell you that these guys are rock hard, i'm serious. elton, kevin, sammy and colby would be done for. if i sneak out, i'm practically asking for a death wish. i might as well go up to his face and say "please, kill the love of my life and my best friends. i would love nothing more" and i'm sure as hell not doing that. it's safer to just stay here and make sure that i text you as much as i can when i can so no one gets hurt."
katrina: "but you are hurting us, emma. sam, colby, kevin and elton have no idea where you are and it's killing me that i can't tell them. colby already thinks that i know where you are, he claims i've been acting suspicious and so he fucking interrogates me as soon as i wake up out of sam's bedroom. it's ridiculous, i know, but i see where he's coming from. even though you call me when you can, how am i supposed to know that you're not getting beat up in a basement chained to the ceiling with no way out? i don't. and that's why not only i, but the four dorks are scared. this sucks, emma. we don't know how to behave anymore. we just want to know you're alive and majority of the time, i don't. i have no idea." she rants, her voice cracking in worry. tears started in my eyes at the sound of her voice. she sounds so lost and scared... just like me. lost and confused.
emma: "i really am sorry, katrina. i would do anything in the world to come back right now, i would, but one thing i will not do is risk your guys' life."
katrina: "have you tried bribing brennen? like, have you begged on your knees and annoyed the shit out of him for you to leave?" i heard her sniff softly, her voice sad and unfortunate.
emma: "i have, but nothing has worked."
katrina: "i mean, you fucked him this morning, didn't you? use that. maybe try screwing his brains out and see if he'll let you leave." i wanted to laugh, but she was being one hundred percent serious and i didn't want to make her mad when i didn't know when the next time i would talk to her would be.
emma: "i'm not completely shutting down that idea, but it's definitely not okay. i've already betrayed colby once and i really don't want to do it twice. even though we broke up, it's wrong, and to be quite honest, painful as shit."
katrina: "fuck fuck fuck. sam and them are back. shit shit." she said, her voice completely altered and panicky. shit.
emma: "okay, i love you and i promise i will call or
text when i can."
katrina: "i love you more, please be safe. run if you have to and don't worry about colby or any of us. if you're in any kind of danger, you run. promise?" her voice was rushed and quiet.
emma: "i promise. i love you, babe. adíos."
katrina: "bye, babe."
   —————————————————————————
great. now i'm as bored as i'll ever be and katrina almost got caught on the phone with me. i seriously just want to grab my shit and leave. my laptop is sitting in the corner not being used because it doesn't entertain me whatsoever. it mostly just has my time stamps from when i was working before i got fired for never keeping my attendance and it doesn't really have anything to pass the time. i suppose i could download something or search an application up on the internet, but i just don't want to. sitting on my bed with my head in my hands, bored out of my mind, my bedroom door swings wide open causing me to jump in surprise.
emma: "um, asshole, maybe try knocking and not scaring the shit out of me?" i glared at brennen, a sneaky smirk along his face.
brennen: "sorry not sorry." he chuckled and walked in to sit next to me. jerk.
emma: "yeah, yeah. what do you want?" i asked, smiling slightly. if brennen wasn't the man he was and everything was normal, i could deal with us being friends. but, those are not the circumstances, nor will the circumstances ever be any different.
brennen: "get dressed. i'm taking you with me to my next meeting."
emma: "oh, some freedom?" i asked sarcastically, shocked at him actually letting me see the sun.
brennen: "under my rules, yes." his eyebrow was cocked arrogantly.
emma: "don't look at me like that." i rolled my eyes.
brennen: "like what?" his deep chuckle echoed around the bedroom.
emma: "like i owe you something. if anything, you owe me something, mister." i pointed my finger directly at him, watching as his eyes brightened with amusement.
brennen: "mhm, i like when you call me mister." his voice was gravelly as he tentatively brought his hands to my waist. i was going to physically cringe at his words, even though the temptation to do certain things was overriding me, but that was the moment i took what katrina had said into consideration. just go for it, emma... it's worth a shot. what do you have to lose?
emma: "oh, you do, do you?" i smirked, reluctantly climbing two centimeters away from my previous position and onto brennen's lap, sitting astride him. he chuckled, his smile bright... reminding me of colby's full, beautiful smile. he had nothing to say in response except smirk knowingly and arrogantly as he stared at me. his hands came up around my waist and under my large, oversized t-shirt and let his hands rest on the soft skin there. here goes nothing... i dipped my head down to his neck behind his left ear and rested my hands on either side of his head, one of them playing with the small strands of hair on the back of his head. sucking softly and being sure to leave very few wet kisses, i heard his deep sigh of anticipation. i let out an unexpected, quiet whimper when his hands gripped my behind roughly big gratefully. okay, no. emma, you're on a mission... no more fucking the bad guy. i leaned my head up and faced him, his beautiful green eyes dark with lust, and everything stopped. my eyes found his without trying and it felt like hours later that i had finally snapped out of whatever zone i was in. emma, stop this! seduce him into letting you leave to go back to COLBY! i shook the thoughts of the pushy voice in the back of my head and furthered the plan, leaning in closely. our lips almost touching, i moved my hands to either side of his neck and allowed my thumbs to rest on the apple of his cheeks. stay on track, emma... my lips colliding with his, i melted when his fingers brushed my sides as they travelled upwards, gently tangling into my hair. after what felt like forever, i pulled away from him, both of us breathing heavier than normal. he cupped my face in his hands and glared at me dearly.
emma: "let me leave, please, i'll do anything." i whispered, begging ever so quietly.
brennen: "is that what this is about?" he asked gently, his eyes squinting in reason. shit. i said nothing and just sighed, letting my hands fall down his arms and resting on my own thighs.
brennen: "why do you want to leave so badly, emma? i'm not treating you like absolute shit, so what is it? because from what kian and jc say, you don't hate it here."
emma: "i miss my friends, brennen. katrina, sam, elton, kevin... colby..."
brennen: "i understand you miss your best friend, i completely understand, but colby? it's been two almost three months and you're still longing over him? why?"
emma: "if you understand, then why can't i leave?"
brennen: "that's not what i asked, emma, and you know it." he gave me a pointed look.
emma: "i don't know, man. i seriously don't know." i replies after a beat, groaning in frustration before hopping off of his lap and face down into the mattress i'm sleeping in. i felt the cold air hot my half naked behind and took that as my cue to sit up. facing towards brennen, he did the same.
brennen: "let me ask you this..." he paused, "do you think he's waiting for you?" my eyes shot to his in an instant.
emma: "what game are you trying to play here?" i asked cautiously, scrutinizing him.
brennen: "i'm not playing any games, emma, now answer the question. i'm trying to help you." he rolled his eyes. confused, and honestly shocked at his response, i reply.