Christmas.

CHAPTER 11
Zack's POV.

Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year and the most romantic season!

∞∞∞

So here is this thing about being a teenager, you don't know what to do when to do and how much to do. You don't know how much is enough and most importantly you don't know how you should stop. So here I was on Christmas day, with all of my friends exchanging gifts and also I was personally hiding a special gift for Kate. There was Rose sitting in front of me but now she didn't give me those goofy feelings in my heart, I could look dead in her eyes and feel nothing. Zilch flinch! We were a room full of friends but we were in closed circles, sacred secrets and some betrayal. Yep right Rose betrayed me and the secret is I might like a Kate little. Liking was just liking nothing more nothing less.

So most of the times when we are on edge for someone else, like literally on the edge that's the time we know how much narrow the edge is. Sometimes even if we know it's too steep we still step over the edge just for the swing of it. Our small get together was over without Kate. Yes, she didn't show up for the Christmas wishes. So naturally when we so much want for something to happen we get the reality check too often, too soon and too harsh. The thing is, I really wanted to see Kate. It was Christmas and no one ditches Christmas it is supposed to bring good vibes and literally at this point I don't know what was the important thing she was stuck with. I slid back the small gift back into my pocket and waved everyone off with Kate's gift. Apparently, Abbott stayed near to Kate so he decided to take everyone's gift to her except mine.

I paced around in the room because I honestly had nothing to do today except for the dinner with family. Evening rolled pretty quickly and so did the dinner with occasional rolling of some jokes and gossip and how the business was doing. Where the associates are being transferred and oh my god how hot the female interns were if I had an intention to join. So you've probably learnt that my parents just want me to go on and date someone and the very first girl I liked chose someone else over me and the other one won't meet.

That's pretty intense Huh? My mind had a mouth of his own which I time to time ignore until I received a message from Kate saying we could meet the day after tomorrow for coffee! I won't exaggerate but the smile on my lips spread like butter. I quickly replied to her message telling it will be perfect to meet for a coffee.

×××

So It was 3 pm and we were meeting for coffee. I know it is a weird time but I was fine with it. I sat in the cafe waiting for her while mentally rehearsing that I have to tell her how I feel.

"Hey, Zack!" Kate's voice registered in my brain and I turned around to smile at her.

"Hey. Come have a seat." I politely told her.

"What can I bring you both?" The waitress asked.

"Cappuccino for me and..." kate looked at me for my choice. "Umm, I would like an expresso please." I politely said.

"So umm, how are you?" I asked her because literally, we were staring here and there.

"Oh, I am good. How are you?" She was playing it smoothly. Real smooth and me here? I acted like a dumb shit.

"Oh, I am good. It's snowy and chilled it's gonna be new year soon." I loved new year's parties seriously.

So here is this thing, we only can do so much to keep us falling in the trap of love. We go in and out of the relationship, with every IN we swear to give it our best and with every OUT we pledge to not fall for any other person in any other way. That's what betrayal does to you. Now here I'm in the cafe after so many months of Rose's drama. She kept her hands on mine while I was fidgeting with the idea of giving her gift but then I really gave her the gift.