You clearly are a looser.

CHAPTER 26.
Sarah's POV.

We don't know how much we want someone until we start to see them turning back and move in another direction.

∞∞∞

The moment we come out of the car I smack Zack's head. Agitated, I lean on the car. We were exactly where James had been for the past hour and now when we reached, he slipped away.

I groaned knowing that we couldn't spot him in action.

"Now what?" I ask sipping water.

"Umm, I don't know!" Zack shrugged.

"How about we find people who know James by showing his photo?" Nate asked looking at our faces.

"Really?" Zack narrowed his eyes on Nate and continued, "There has to be someone common here. Someone that holds a connection. Maybe from Sarah's neighbourhood or Nate's place or school or my place. Just someone you know?" He moved his hands making certain actions making his points clear. I cleared my mind to think but even after a lot of thinking there was no one I knew within my neighbourhood or school who stayed here.

"No. There are hardly a few people I know and they all don't seem to come here or have a house here." I said folding my arms on my chest letting my hair turn a mess in the wind.

"Me neither. And James is your neighbour who seems to come here." Honestly, it was a bad idea to even acknowledge his idea, so I looked at him straight until he mouthed a sorry. Don't judge me, I'm trying to hold on to someone's word which are contradicting the situations.

"I think I know someone from here." We both turn around to face Nate who seemed to have a nostalgia hit and a red neck.

"What?" "Who?" These questions came out of me and Zack making Nate jump in his place.

"Umm well.." Nate stopped mid-sentence to have a glance of our curious face and out faces only had the urge to listen so I nodded at him.

"Heather,  her name is Heather, she stays around this block and there is Stella who lives here too. From school." His face was bright red.

"Fill in with the details please." Zack rolled his eyes as he said. So much for being interested. I mentally roll my eyes at his reaction.

Yeah, I copied his reaction.

"Stella is quite a nerd but I don't think she will ever go for a guy like James."  Nate prodded confidently.

"How did you know that?" I voiced out considering Zack was going to ask the same.

"10th grade I had to take her help in an English essay and about Heather, well she can be the one cause she is interested in casual hookups!" Nate was slightly and I mean it slightly embarrassed when he said that.

"Again how?"

"She asked me and again that was in tenth grade." He sighed.

"What? You were fucking with her?" Zack said dramatically.

"Umm well, long version or short?" He asked and before Zack could answer I opened my mouth to say, "Long version!"  While crossing arms ready to know the casual encounter.