f i f t e e n

"Oh Tom! Y/n! You're here!"

"Mom, I didn't know you were here.." Tom said after seeing her.

"Yeah, I came to chat with Phil a little bit."she said smiling as she made her way to where she was sitting before and took the other cup of tea that was on the table.

"Hi, Nikki- wait, is that how you know?" you asked looking at your mom again.

"Yes, Nikki called me the day she found out." she answered. "We were just talking about how good of a couple you two make!" her tone suddenly excited. "Imagine their wedding!" she looked at Nikki.

"Oh my god, yes!" Nikki practically squealed.

They continued talking about your future as if you weren't just sitting right in front of them, hearing everything.

"And they're gonna have wonderful babies." after hearing Nikki say that, you literally choked on air, feeling the heat rise to your cheeks. Tom cleared his throat.

"Mom..." Tom said, his tone indicating her to stop.

"Oh sorry! We're just really happy for you guys!" she said to you and you both just smiled awkwardly.

"Aww look at them, they're embarrassed." your mom said looking at you and pouting her lips.

"Imagine-" Nikki started but you quickly cut her off.

"Oh damn, it's already so late!" you pretended to look at the time on your phone. "I'm sorry but we need to go pick Tom's...thing up." you lied while they just looked at you confusingly, including Tom. "Right, Tom?" you asked, turning to him.

He just frowned at you for a moment before understanding what you were doing.

"Ohh yeah, right." he said slowly nodded his head.

"Yeah, sorry! It was nice seeing you guys though." you smiled as you stood up.

"Oh okay, it was nice seeing you too." your mom said as you hugged her.

"I'll call you." you told to her before pulling away and going to hug Nikki while Tom said goodbye to your mom and later to his.

"They're so embarrassing. Oh my god." you groaned after you guys got to the hallway.

"I know." he chuckled but he still felt embarrassed.

Then a picture that hung on the wall caught your eye. It was one of  six years old you and your dad. You went closer and traced your fingers over it. Tom following and standing next to you, looking at the picture with you.

"I remember this day. That was when he taught me how to ride a bike." you smiled at the memory.

"You were so happy about it that you came over to my house to show me and while you did so, you fell down and scraped your knee." he chuckled.

"I then started crying and you came to my rescue, picked me up and brought me into your house where Nikki then took care of me."

"I was so stressed, I thought you were gonna die." he laughed.

"I know. I remember, you were literally about to cry." you both laughed again before falling into silence.

My Brother's Best Friendजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें