Chapter 12

"Why are we taking a walk?", I asked.

"Because you obviously have a lot on your mind and you need to clear all that Ava.", he said so sweetly.

My feet crunched in the snow as we walked towards the front of the house.

"You're dad did a good job with the decor."

"Yeah he did."

"Hey listen, there's going to be a Christmas Eve party tonight. And I want you to be on you're best behavior you hear me.", I told him.

"Whoa, you don't speak to me that way and I didn't know we were having a party here. I thought it was just dinner."

"Well so did I but my mom wants to throw a party and invite everyone."

"Decor?".

"The house is already full of decor Brendan.", I laughed.

"Do you know who will be attending?".

"No, my mom sent invitations before we even got here. It pissed me off that no one even told us about this, not
even Rebecca."

"Well it should be fun."

"I guess."

Brendan grabbed me. "Stop acting like a baby Ava. It's fucking Christmas Eve, lighten up a little bit okay. Listen I'm very sorry about your brother but he wouldn't want you to act this way Ava." He stared straight through me with those blue bulbs of his.

"What do you know what he'd want.", I said getting out of his grip.

"Ava that's not what I meant. I'm sure Collin wouldn't want you to be sad. He'd want you to enjoy Christmas with your family even if it means he's not there. Ava it's very obvious you and him were close. Do this for him, enjoy Christmas for him." His voice weakened.

"For Collin."

"Good, now cheer up for me please, I wanna see that beautiful smile by the time we get back to the house."

"Let's go back now it's really cold." I could see my breath twirl through the air after every word left my mouth.

"Okay." Brendan put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me in close to keep me warm. I was beginning to like him a lot more.

******
"Matthew, Stacy is here.", I called up the stairs.

Stacy walked into the house. Her wanded curls falling down neatly. She had on a red and white Christmas sweater with knee high boots and black leggings. She was really pretty, nice going Matt.

I had on long black cardigan with a red shirt under and a red and black infinity Christmas scarf. I wore my dark jeans and boots that rid up my legs.

I helped my mom put out all the food and beverages. "Where the hell is Brendan."

"Hello there beautiful."

"Well don't you look hot."
Brendan had on a dark grey sweater with a white collar over, some kakis and sperrys.

"Yes indeed I dressed sharp for this evening.", he grinned.

"Yea you did", I placed the coasters down on the coffee table and asked Brendan to light the fireplace for me.

"You'll never guess who I caught making out upstairs."

"Enlighten me.", I laughed.

"Matthew and Stacy."

"It's about time."

"We can hear you guys.", Matthew shouted from the kitchen.

"Ava I have something for you."
Brendan pulled out a small rectangular box. It had a pink ribbon around it.