Chapter 24

I glimpsed at myself one more time in the mirror. My ring sparkled on my finger beautifully. I couldn't stop looking at it. I ran my fingers through my curls and patted down my burgundy dress. It hugged my body and showed off a little cleavage. It was strapless and sexy.

Was this a little too much? I loved this dress and boy was it expensive. I pulled my black stilettos out of the closet and slipped into them.

"You look beautiful." I looked to the right side of me. Brendan was dressed so sharply. He had on kakis a sweater vest over his white shirt underneath and some sperrys on. "Am I over dressed?", I asked.

"No, am I underdressed?"

I shook my head. "You look incredibly handsome.", I kissed his cheek. I grabbed my purse and Brendan opened the car door for me.

*******
"Are you nervous?" He grabbed my hand while he drove with the other.

"Kind of. What if they don't like me."

"Ava, stop acting like a child. Stop being so worried and relax. My parents are going to love you." He smiled at me.

We pulled up the restaurant called Bon Appetite. We stepped out of the car and let the valet do the parking.

"This place is very fancy.", I said.

We walked over to two women. One was carrying menus in her hand. "Hello. How may I help you?", she smiled.

"Yes, the Taylor's , party of four please."

"Yes of course, your table is ready for you." We followed the woman carrying the menus over to a medium sized wooden table with fine tablecloth covering it. The decor was beautiful.

A huge chandler hung in the middle of the ceiling, lighting up the whole place. There was a bar and salad bar.

I didn't even know this place was here.
Two people walked over to our tables.

"Mom, Dad. I'm so glad you could make it." Brendan got up from the table and hugged his father and mother. "I'd like you to meet Ava, my fiancé.

I smiled at both of them. "It's such a pleasure to finally meet you Ava, you're more beautiful than Brendan described." Brendan's mother hugged me and kissed my cheek.

"She is a beauty son.", his father said.

"I am so glad to finally meet the both of you as well Mr and Mrs Taylor."

I felt my heart beating rapidly in my body. Why was I so nervous.

"Please call me Hellen.", she smiled.

"You must be Johnathan.", I said looking at Brendan's father. I shook his hand.

"Dear is your last name Davidson?". He asked.

"Yes it is. You know my father Franky."

"Ahh, your dad is Franky! Such a good man he is.", John laughed.

After ordering our food, we ate and talked some more. "So I see you guys travel." I said taking another sip of wine.

"Yeah, my parents have been just about anywhere you could think of.", Brendan said.

"He's right. Italy is my favorite though.", Hellen said.

"Do you like France?" I asked.

"Yes, I'd say that's my second favorite.", she chuckled.

"Mom, dad, you know Ava is half French. Her aunt lives in Paris. She also speaks French and Spanish.", Brendan took a breadstick from the basket.

"Is that so." John smiled.

"We both speak 6 languages.", Hellen said.

Brendan looked a lot like his father but had his mothers big blue eyes. His father was incredibly handsome. He looked so young for his age, he had to be in his late 50's or so. Hellen, as any teenage boy would say. Milf x100. Boy was Hellen a beauty.

"That's so cool, I wish I knew that many languages.", I laughed into my hand.

"You have time to learn dear." Hellen pushed her light brown hair out of her face. "Would anyone like anything else?", the waiter asked.

We all looked at each other and shook our heads. "We'll have the check now please.", Brendan said.

"So, you guys are getting married.", Hellen said.

"Our boy has grown into a man Hellen. We raised him well.", John smiled.

"Yes you did. Your son is a fine man. That's why I agreed to marry him. I will cherish him and love him unconditionally." I looked into Brendan's eyes.

"She's the one.", he smiled.

Brendan's parents both awed us. "Has a date been set?", Hellen asked.

"Yes there has. September 3rd."

"That's two months from now. Why so soon?", John asked.

"Yeah sweetheart don't rush marriage."

"Actually Ava picked the date."

They both looked over at me. I bit down at my lip nervously. "Well, you see. I really wanted to get married on my brothers birthday." I quickly chugged my wine.

"I don't understand.", Hellen said.

"Mom, um. Ava's brother Collin served in the army and he... He passed away last year." Brendan left spaces between his words.

"Oh Ava, I am so sorry for your lost."
They looked at my with sad eyes.

"Oh no no. Please don't feel bad for me just now. My brother is surly in a better place watching over me. But your right. Rushing things may have its ups and downs. The downs I really don't want to occur."

"I see." John said.

"The date will be pushed a month then.", Brendan said.

"Well Ava, I can definitely take you to Paris to find the perfect wedding dress." Hellen squealed.

"Jeez woman my ears.", John said.

We all let out a laugh. "That would be so kind of you. I accept that offer."

"Very well then. How about we meet again real soon." John brought me into his embrace and placed a kiss on my head.

I hugged Hellen. "It was such a pleasure to meet you darling. My son has done so well. You are a fine young woman.", Hellen smiled at me.

"Well thank you Hellen. Your son is a fine young man."

**************
"I am so tired." I plotted my body on the bed.

"Me too." Brendan yawned.

"So how was it?". He asked.

"You're parents are really cool.", I laughed.

"I know right."

"I really want to sleep babe. I'm exhausted." I pulled my dress over my head and went under the covers.

"Ava you can't sleep like that.", Brendan mumbled.

"And why not?"

"Because I'm going to have to fuck you."

"Maybe that's what I need."

He raised his brow at me and grinned.
"Oh shit."

*********
I laid my head on his bare chest. His skin smelled amazing and felt so soft. "Are you sure you want to push the date babe." Brendan wrapped one of my curls around his finger.

"Yes, it gives us enough time to plan the wedding and preparations.
We don't even know how much this is going to cost."

"Well we do know it's going to be expensive. I have lots of family that would be attending."

"Shit, so do I. I'll have Abby help me with the planning. I'll go with your mom to Paris to find a dress." I smiled softly.

"I can't wait for you to be my wife Ava. I promise I'll make you the happiest woman alive." He brushed my cheek.

"I already am." I whispered.