Chapter 20 Baby Shower Power

"Ava I need you to help me with this food now.", my mother shouted.

I rushed over to the kitchen. "Yes mother I'm here. I have Brendan and Matt putting up the decor and Sarah and Stacy are upstairs doing Rebecca's hair and makeup. Dad went out to the store to grab some napkins." I caught my breath.

"Good because you know I was just about to ask you what everyone was doing.", she said.

I helped my mother carry the food over to the tables set up in our overly large living room. Other snacks and drinks were placed in the dining room. There was a special table for the gifts, and the cake was marvelous. My sister was going to freak out when she saw we decorated her cake Chanel.

My sister loved Chanel perfume, bags, jewelry, you can name it all, she has it all. "Shall we introduce you to... Rebecca!!", Stacy smiled.

My sister walked down the stairs in a cute black and pink dress. Her hair pulled up into a bun and a braid around it. Two small curls fell down her face. She looked so beautiful.

"Wow this looks great guys.", she smiled and gave me a huge hug.

Rebecca went over to the table where the cake was held. "Is this...you guys did not !!". She squealed.

"Yes we did."

"A Chanel themed cake for the shower, Ava this is so beautiful, thank you so much."

My sister was practically going to cry but I wouldn't let her ruin her makeup.
Guest were beginning to arrive around 6 and the whole house was filled with family, friends, coworkers and even people that were invited by other people.

"Did you always have this much family?". Brendan came creeping behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I guess I do." I laughed turning to face him with pink frosting on his lip. I kissed him and licked the frosting off.

"Mmmm.."

"Ava cut it out before I have to take you upstairs and teach you a lesson.", Brendan whispered in my ear.

"Alright alright."

"Ava."

"Hey, Kayla, I'm so glad you can make it."

Kayla was my cousin from my dads side of the family. Kayla wasn't really her real name, that's just what people called her. "How have you been, is this your boyfriend I've been hearing all about."

"Yes it's very nice to meet you. Brendan Taylor."

"Kayla Rodriguez."

"I've been great. Just been a little tied up with work and stuff but I'm glad to be here with my friends and family."

"Don't you think it's such a shame though." She said glaring at me.

"I'm gonna go and find your mom." Brendan walked the other direction.

I nodded and continued. "What do you mean?".

"Well they aren't married and they are already having a child.", she snorted.

Kayla flipped her burgundy hair. She always acted this way. "Yes but I'm sure my sister didn't intend on getting pregnant before marriage. It probably just happened and she decided to keep the baby. Don't say anything stupid like that again please." I rolled my eyes and walked away.

I entered the living room where everyone mostly was. People were gathering around to hear my sisters announcement. Jake was holding her hand. "Hello everyone. I just want to thank you for coming here tonight to support me. This child has already changed my life for the good. It had brought Jake and I closer. We will love Belle unconditionally like a mother and father should.

Everyone clapped and took a drink of whatever they had in their glasses. The gift table was pouring with gifts. I swear there was so many we had to put them in Rebecca's room.

"Are you enjoying yourself?", Rebecca asked me.

"Yes I'm having a wonderful time."

I looked down at my sisters round belly. "Would you like to feel?".

"May I please."

I brushed my hand gently across her swollen like belly. "You're aunt Ava can't wait to meet you my little Belle. I hope you look more like me than your dad and mom.", I smiled.

"You're so sweet Ava. I love you so much."

"I love you too Rebecca."
**************
"Are we ready to go?", Brendan asked.

"Yes we are."

"Take care yourselves. I will be back home real soon I promise I love you guys so much." I blew kisses from out the window of the car.

Everyone waved at us as Brendan pulled the car into the road and we headed back over to New York.

"That was so nice, getting to meet more of your family", Brendan said.

"Yeah, I just wish you could of met my grandparents, they live in Italy. I remember going there to visit when I was little girl. My grandma would always make homemade stuffed shells. They were magnificent."

"You miss them don't you."

"Yeah, they didn't make it to Collins funeral. My grandparents are to old to be making long trips like that."

"Ava how about we go and visit them."

I quickly looked over at Brendan. We pulled up to a red light. "We have jobs Brendan and I could possibly make you go to Italy with me."

"Ava please cut it out. It would be so much fun if we went together. I can meet your grandparents. I know you miss them Ava."

"I'll have to think about it okay babe." I kissed him on the cheek.

I threw myself on the bed and sighed.
"I'm so exhausted oh my goodness.", I yawned.

Brendan pulled his shirt over his head. "Don't tease me.", I groaned.

"What are you talking about, I'm not teasing you."

My mouth watered while staring at Brendan's amazingly hot body. "Stop drooling Ava and get some sleep."

I stripped from my clothing and crawled into bed. "Goodnight my love."
I hit the light on my night stand.

"Goodnight beautiful."

{Brendan's POV}

The next morning I made breakfast. Ava headed out for work. I could tell she wanted to stay home and sleep. We didn't get home till almost three and we planned to get home before one. I entered my study and unlocked the safe. I took out a small box and admired the gem inside. It sparkled beautifully, my loves favorite color.

I put it back inside and locked the safe. I took a seat at my desk and began on working at home instead of the office.
I wasn't feeling it today.

{Ava's POV}

"Hey babe what's up?" I walked into to the kitchen and Brendan had his hand behind his back.

He was just looking at me as if he was nervous. "What's wrong?", I asked.

"Oh nothing. How was work."

"Is there something behind your back."

"No." Brendan showed me both his hands. They were empty. "Oh alright. I had a wonderful day."

I kissed him on the lips.