Fake Truce - Bdubs x Doc

(WC: 994
Category: Angst
Ship type: Platonic
Warnings: Some violence near the end

Have some platonic Bdoc interaction! Casuallyy, I'm sure you'll want to see this so here.

Also written in first person POV--I might write an upcoming story in this style, so I might as well give myself practice)

Doc was luring me in with chicken.

Peeking out from behind the fence, I gave Doc a wary look. He seemed like he wanted to talk, so I carefully came out of my hiding spot and tried to ignore the sign that said "The GOAT will bring JUDGEMENT!" right beside him.

"C'mon, man. I've got a peace chicken," he coaxed. "I'm not gonna hurt you, I promise."

"Okay, fine." I walked up to him, eyeing the sword strapped to his back. "Uh, hi. First of all, I just wanted to say...I...am...sorry." I had to force the words out, and I didn't meet Doc's eyes. Looking up at the ruined Mount Goatmore instead, I continued.

"I, uh, y'know. I thought it would be fun, like, hey, what if we had Doc blow up his own prized possession? I didn't mean for it to go this far, and it's all kinda screwed up, and--"

"Hey." Doc cut me off. "I get it. It's okay."

"Y-you do?" I looked back at the goatfather. "I thought you would be all mad and stuff, you're just--forgiving me? Just like that? I-I was planning on placing the blame on Keralis, and--"

"Nah, man. I'm not gonna hold a grudge."

"You don't hold a grudge," I repeated. "O-okay. Good." I let out a relieved chuckle.

"No, not at all. Were you worried about that?"

"Y'know, I would act all brave and say no, but...yeah. I was afraid you were gonna come after me with your sword and all that."

Doc raised an eyebrow. "Why would you say that?"

I scoffed. "You came to my house, gifted me the tag, and then had False kill me a few seconds later!"

"Okay, okay. Other than that, I don't hold a grudge." He looked up at the woolen smiley face I'd used to cover the blown-off head. "I mean, I would feel better if you'd help me fix this thing. It's a depressing sight and all, looking at this every time I wake up in my pink bedroom."

"Aw, c'mon. You know you love it. The almighty goatfather, sleeping on a fluffy pink mattress." I spread my hands with a wide grin.

"Don't push it, or I'll have to get False back over here."

I stuck out my tongue petulantly. "So...what are you thinking? How are we gonna rebuild this?"

"I think we've gotta step it up, bro. Like, the original goat head was great and all, but...I think we can do better."

"Oh, so now you're taking advantage of my superior building skills."

Doc ignored me in typical GOAT fashion. "How about we make it, like, a goatmother? We already have me, the goatfather."

"Goatmother." I tried out the name. "Yeah. I like that! Now, that's a good idea."

"What do you mean? My other ideas weren't good?"

"I wasn't saying that." My Elytra expanded, and I flew to the top of Mount Goatmore. "Are we going to do this or what?"

We spent the next hour carving out a new head for the goat, complete with quartz horns. It felt nice working with Doc again--I'd forgotten how good we'd synchronized with one another.

After we had finished, we stood back and admired our work from afar. Doc had unstrapped his sword from his back and was now holding it. "This is a glorious moment right now," he said, admiring the head. He shot off with his Elytra to get an aerial view of it. "Man, this turned out great!" he called to me.

"Let me just say, also," I said, once he'd landed again, "That my door is always open to you--assuming it hasn't been stolen. Whenever you wanna come in, feel free--y'know, catch up, get a nice cup of tea, anything like that, swing on by."

Doc chuckled. "Yeah. Thanks, man. Really appreciate it."

"I'm gonna tear the fence down, too!" Now on a roll, I continued. "Maybe we can connect the houses together, have some friendly neighbor barbeques..."

"Oh, really?" Doc strode over to my side of the mansion. "So does that mean I can use your pool now?"

"I mean, yeah, I guess...watch out for the pufferfish, though."

"Well, I think my iron golems took care of them." Doc sat at the edge and placed his feet in the water, kicking them back and forth.

"Guess they didn't get the memo about crossing the wall." I started chopping down the spruce wood that made up the wall. "Yeah...the goat head is fixed, the wall is coming down, we've made amends--we're good, right?"

"Yeah," Doc said. "Yeah...I promise."

"Well, that's a relief." I took down the trapdoors next. "I'll be heading back to my place now. This feels really good, by the way, I'm glad we got to--"

Suddenly, a sharp point was pressed against my back. Out of my peripheral vision, I could see that Doc wasn't sitting at the pool anymore. I wanted to hope it was False trying to take my head for the Head Games, but that had ended a few days ago. Any mob wouldn't have survived for long with the iron golems. So, the only other situation I could think of...

"Doc...what are you doing?"

"Getting the revenge I've been waiting for." He pressed the sword deeper into my back.

"I-I thought we were even! You killed me for Tag 2, and we rebuilt your goat--"

Doc laughed humorlessly. "Do you really think that would satisfy me?"

The sword was starting to draw blood. I grunted in pain. "Doc, please stop..."

Doc ignored me again. "At least you said your door is always open to me. It'll make me feel less guilty about what I'm about to do."

"Doc, please, I thought all of this was in the past..."

"Just this last time. I promise. Then I'll be satisfied."

I narrowed my eyes.

"I'm starting to wonder what your promises are worth."

Doc drove the sword into my back, and everything faded to black.