Welcome to the (Dysfunctional) Family

Percy POV

Parts of this chapter are inappropriate for younger audiences (swearing and adult themes) but no lemons. Majority of the chapters are about a pg13 though.

"Perseus Jackson" Lord Zeus boomed from his throne, "Do you accept."

The room was so silent waiting for my reply that you could hear a penny drop, but things had never felt so loud for me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not crazy, although with the stuff I've seen I probably should be. I don't have voices in my head or anything, but do you ever get when you have so many thoughts spinning around your brain, that no matter how quiet it is where you are, everything seems so noisy.

I stared up at the 12ft god, "Not that I'm going to say no...but is no an option."

If no was an option, I was definitely going to use it, but I felt if Zeus knew this, he might stop me.

The king of the gods pondered this for a moment before saying, "I suppose you could say no."

These words made my choice easy and I was about to voice my thoughts when Zeus spoke again.

"But if you were to say no, " he said with his icy blue eyes boring into me. "You would not leave this throne room."

Of course, I did what I normally do when I get death threats. I escalated the situation by being sarcastic.

"Oh cool I could totally live in this throne room, it's sick."

I heard a few gods and demigods snicker but they almost immediately stopped once faced with Zeus' hard glare.

Once it got awkwardly quiet I spoke to fill the silence. "So and I have to say yes then?"

"Correct, " Zeus confirmed.

I looked back at my friends, "Would I be able to stay in contact with my friends and mother, my lord?" I inquired politely, praying that since I was being respectful he would say yes.

"I do not see why it would be an issue to visit camp after all you've done for us, Perseus," he said reluctantly.

"And my mom?"

"Demigod, I don't have time for these questions the deed will be done right now before the council. That is presuming you choose godhood over death," Zeus said his voice still loud and echoing across the throne room, "So, Perseus, we must have an answer. Immortality or death?"

Now if anyone else was in my position it would be an easy choice. Immortality all the way. But see I've been given this choice before and I didn't pick immortality, sure I wiggled my way out of the death part, much to the unhappiness of Zeus, but I chose it for a reason.

I don't want to be immortal and watch all my friends and family grow old. I don't think I'll be able to cope in a world where they can pass away and I'll be here forever.

Right now however I didn't have much choice. I couldn't just choose death, because as much as I get myself into life-threatening situations, I liked living. If I died here right now, imagine how my loved ones would feel.

I wouldn't be around to protect camp anymore, what if something were to happen to them.

I made my decision.

If I'm a god, I won't have to be a pawn of Zeus and the other Olympians. I can have a peaceful life, but at any time, I'll still be around to help my friends.

I looked directly at Annabeth searching for what she was trying to say in her eyes, she looked pained but her eyes softened when they met with mine. She nodded at me gently as if to say 'go on.'

I looked at all my friends, uncaring if the gods were waiting for me. Everyone watched me with pride in their eyes.

I turned back to the king of the gods, "Thank you lord Zeus I accept your offer" I said, trying to sound as confident as possible.

"Not an offer, but very well then," Zeus raised his hand and a bright light, tainted faintly sea-green began emitting from my body.

I expected pain but only felt a warm tingling sensation and a faint tugging in my gut.

The demigods turned away as the divine light burst from my body, as my new, true form was revealed.

The light died back down and I stood before the council as a god.

Zeus began to speak, "All hail Perseus, the god of natural disasters, close combat and-"

"Hotness" Aphrodite cut him off with her mouth open and eyes wide.

She clapped her hands excitedly and a mirror appeared in front of me.

My sea-green eyes shone brighter, almost luminescent, my skin was tan and slightly glowing, my dark hair was still messy and tousled but somehow still managed to look perfect and when I smiled I saw a perfect set of pearly white teeth.

Not to sound self-absorbed, but I guess I looked pretty good from the way people were looking at me.

I laughed nervously, "The god of natural disasters and what?" I asked

Zeus watched me with interest, "Well actually Perseus, it seems for once Aphrodite was correct. It's not quite the word hotness but essentially uh... much less of the elegance of beauty and more of the-"

Aphrodite cut him off again and bluntly said, "The sex drive of it. Anyone who is into guys will look at you and want to fuck. Maybe even people who aren't usually attracted to guys."

I could feel my face heating up. I thought your domains were supposed to tell you something about yourself. Your domain was supposed to suit your personality.

I understood close combat and natural disasters. I had been sword fighting since I was twelve and I could make hurricanes and cause volcanoes to explode.

But hotness? I had been told that tons of people had a crush on me when I was a demigod, but I didn't really believe them. I was never actually good-looking before right?

Apollo burst out laughing, "He can make anyone horny."

"You gotta be joking me, that cannot be a thing," I said, my cheeks flushing gold. I turned to Annabeth to confirm, but she just shrugged her shoulders in reply.

I kept my eyes on Annabeth after she had looked away. She looked conflicted and was watching Aphrodite with an intense stare.

The goddess of love seemed to be drooling.

The entire council watched me carefully.

Poseidon coughed, breaking the silence, "Percy, my son, there will be a place built for you here on Olympus, and I have for a while, had a place for you to stay in Atlantis if you ever want to stay"

Chiron must have entered silently before as he now spoke out from behind Annabeth and my other friends, "and you are always welcome at Camp Half-Blood Percy, immortal or not."

Zeus scratched his head and muttered something under his breath.

I nodded. I would prefer living at camp to some fancy palace but Zeus already seemed pissed enough and I don't think telling him that would do me any good.

I knew that I would definitely have a lot to adjust to, but first, I was super excited to see what powers being a god brought.

I knew that the celebration would last until all hours knowing the gods, so I guessed there was no harm in being late.

"So is there an arena up here?" I asked the Olympians.

"Of course," Hermes replied, "I'm sure a nymph would love to show you the way," he smirked, making an obvious reference to my new appearance.

I looked nervously at my girlfriend, who was looking at her feet, but she then looked up and caught my eye and gave a small smile.

I grinned once again and walked out of the throne room with a smile on my face.

Maybe this wouldn't be that bad.