Camp Gets a New Babysitting Job

Nyx POV

It had been nine months since we saved Aphrodite, and Erebos is still to make a second appearance.

If I didn't know better, I would have said Erebos had wised up and decided not to wage war against the Olympians. But this was Erebos we were talking about, he's a total dumbass.

Besides, there have been two prophecies that suggested that there was much more going to happen, so it would be unwise to have let my guard down.

I'd been keeping an eye on Olympus and Camp Half-Blood from the shadows and everything seemed fine.

Except for Percy, who like me is on the jittery side. He's constantly training even though his friends say he doesn't need to train anymore since he's a god. In my opinion, the guy doesn't need to train anymore because he's already reached the peak, I don't know anybody that could beat him in a sword fight. But I suppose that it's not doing him any harm practising a bit more.

I was doing my daily check up on things at camp when a son of Demeter came running down the half-blood hill waving their arms. I thought it might have been an attack so I went to listen to what the camper was saying the Chiron.

"Up by the tree!" He panted.

"What's up by the tree, my boy?" Chiron asked calmly.

"A baby! Beside the Thalia's pine!"

"Is it inside the borders? Do you know if it's mortal?" Chiron quizzed walking towards the pine tree with the Demeter boy trailing behind.

"I think it's a demigod, sir," he said after catching his breath.

Chiron pulled the boy up onto his back and galloped swiftly towards the tree.

I shadow travelled to catch up with them, still invisible in my veil of darkness.

There, on the grass lay a tiny baby wrapped in about one hundred layers of blankets.

The baby had a little tuft of blonde hair and long dark eyelashes.

In its little chubby hands, it held a piece of paper that it was sucking on.

As Chiron and the Demeter boy looked curiously at the baby, more demigods had crowded around to see what the fuss was.

A daughter of the minor goddess, Hebe, reached down and lifted the scrap of paper. She wiped off the slobber and unfolded the note.

"The baby ruined the ink! You can only read bits." She groaned.

Chiron took the note from the girl's hands, "Hm it seems your right, the name it was written to has been ruined. All that can be read is 'take care of Cora. I still have to go to college I can't look after her. I'm sorry, maybe I'll see her one day.' I can't read who it is from or who it is to."

"We've never had a baby here before!" A camper whispered.

"Who will look after it?" Another questioned.

"And look at her eyes!" One said.

"Must be Poseidon's again!"

"Yeah, sea-green just like Percy's!"

"Someone go get him, he's got a little sister!"

A few campers ran to the arena to grab Percy.

Meanwhile, Chiron shook his head, "We don't know for sure if it's Poseidon's. There are a few other god's with similar green eyes and we don't even know, her mother's eyes could be that colour."

While the campers fought over what to do with the baby and who her dad was, I was thinking deeply.

It didn't take long for me to place the aura of the baby to a person.