Accidentally Clicking Send

Percy POV

We got out of Tartarus without a single scratch, which is quite frankly the most surprising sentence I have ever uttered.

Aphrodite was safe and sound on Olympus once again.

There was a massive party on Olympus which was exclusive to immortals, so I didn't stay long as none of my friends were there.

I still slept in the Poseidon cabin, as with the Aphrodite business, the building of my palace was put on halt. I was quite happy to stay at camp and I would definitely put off leaving for as long as possible.

After the long day I had, I fell into a deep sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

«««««««««««««»»»»»»»»»»»

Dream sponsored by Morpheus

Everything was pitch black. I could hear the faint sound of a flowing river, but when I looked around I couldn't find where the noise was coming from.

Then a speck of white appeared in front of me. It grew larger and larger, until I understood that it was a figure walking towards me. As the figure moved closer I could clearly see it was a woman. She had long ebony hair and eyes to match. She wore a long, black robe that rippled as she walked.

An instinct told me that this was Lady Styx.

"Hello, Perseus." She said.

I guessed from her speaking to me that she could see me. I was smart like that.

"Lady Styx," I said respectfully knowing that even though river goddesses weren't seen as powerful, this one was.

"Your oath against the daughter of Athena has been removed." She said.

"Wait, what? How? Why?" I asked shocked.

She simply waved her hand dismissively.

"Sleep well, young hero. Perhaps we shall meet again." She said, her voice made my eyes grow heavy even though I was already asleep and was just dreaming.

"Wait!" I called out to the river goddess and she walked away into the darkness, "Why has it been removed??"

Styx turned and smiled at me before fading out of my vision completely.

««««««««»»»»»»»»»»

As soon as my dream ended I woke in a cold sweat, with my left hand feeling like it had been dipped in fire.

I looked at my hand to see it was glistening in a weird glowing substance that felt thin, like water.

I crawled out of my bunk and sleepily stumbled to the bathroom to rinse my hand under cold water.

It instantly felt better and the glowing water was washed off to reveal my hand was raw and red.

I held my hand under the tap until the water had completely healed it.

I had no idea what had happened to me, but I wondered if it had anything to do with my dream about Lady Styx. I vaguely remembered that my body looked the same as my hand after I had bathed in the Styx and it felt the same too.

I looked at my watch that Tyson had given me, which was sitting on my nightstand and saw that it was 5.30. I couldn't see myself going to sleep again, so I pulled on some grey sweats and a hoodie and slipped out of my cabin.

It was still dark outside and I decided I would go down to the beach in case the cleaning harpies caught me. I supposed that they couldn't do anything because I was a god now, but I wasn't about to take the risk.