It's a Surprise Tool That Will Help Us Later

Percy POV

I was sure that if my twelve-year-old self could see me now he would be impressed. Not because I was a god nor because I was the Hero of Olympus, although I'm sure those things would surprise him too. He would be impressed because I wasn't dead yet.

My ability to piss off higher beings and remain unscathed is quite frankly astonishing. Even when I was twelve I was still pretty careless about what I said to powerful immortals but since then my attitude has only escalated.

For example;

I started off the day with a nice, calm meeting with Zeus.

By 'nice, calm meeting' I mean;

1. He had no idea I was coming.

2. He probably didn't want me to come.

3. Basically the entire 'meeting' consisted of me yelling at him.

Now anybody else who did this probably would have died, but last time I checked, I was still alive, which proved my point.

Annabeth used to say the Olympians needed to keep me alive because 'I was a valuable asset and basically a weapon', which maybe I should feel good about because I'm considered 'valuable', but quite honestly I just feel objectified.

Like come on, I'm not some secret weapon for winning wars I'm a human being, (or god but you get what I mean) and I'd like to be treated like one.

If you're going to stop yourself from murdering me, do it because you like my personality or something not because I might be useful later. I feel like the 'surprise tool' that Mickey Mouse saves for later in that kids TV show, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. *Dudes look at the picture/media*

Anyways, I flashed to outside of the throne room on Olympus because I figured breaking the doors down and storming in would help convey my anger a lot better than just appearing inside.

So I put on my little anger show and stomped towards Zeus.

"ZEUS WE HAD A DEAL!" I yelled to the god sitting on his throne.

Zeus went to speak but I stopped him.

"And don't try and bullshit me with your crap excuses. I don't care if visiting my mom soon, was apart of the deal or not, I'm going to see her right now or I swear I won't lift a finger for Olympus again!" I said lowering my voice slightly, but not much.

Once again, the king of the gods tried to get a word in but I still prevented him.

"I don't understand why I can't see her. It's not like I'm connected to any of the 'Ancient Laws' anyway because I wasn't even born when they were made. I'm different, I wasn't born into being a god so the rules don't apply. Oh, and don't you dare say that meddling with mortals affairs has consequences, because in that case you must've faced a hella lot of those consequences, considering you smash everything with a heartbeat down there!" I shouted furiously.

Zeus was getting irritated now and my logical side told me to shut it before I tasted lightning but I continued to rant until I was stopped by four simple words.

"You can see her," Zeus said.

"I won't take no for an answer-...wait really?"

"Yes I will permit it," he declared.

I nearly jumped for joy, ignoring the fact the Zeus was probably only allowing me because he knew what favour he wanted.

"Great, great," I said excitedly.

Then I remembered.

"Oh shit, she's gonna kill me for being away so long and now I've got a kid too!" I said slightly panicked.