Percy Gets his Fav Type of Present

Rachel POV

I frowned deeply. I had no idea what this prophecy was about, sometimes I had a slight idea what prophecies meant, but I was clueless with this one.

A war will rage, the final of thrice

Those must trust the hero, or pay the price

The connection of two will be broken

And the doors of death shall once again open

Night will come to bring the fall

But if allowed, love could end it all

I repeated the short prophecy in my head again and again.
Did the prophecy mean love could end the war? Or did it mean it could end Zeus' era on the throne and destroy humanity?

I just didn't know. I really didn't want to tell the others about this prophecy which had spouted from within me, after all, they had just gotten over two great Prophecies.

I trailed out of my cave and walked to the big house to tell Chiron. 'They won't care' I repeated in my head, trying to reassure myself the prophecy meant nothing.

"Rachel get the cabin councillors, we are having a meeting," Chiron said solemnly upon hearing the news.

"Guess he cares," the I muttered as I slipped out of the room.

The demigods stared at me. It seemed nobody could believe what I had told them.

"Seriously another great f***ing prophecy," Percy whined, "I really thought I would get to at least 21 before there was another. Definitely the best present of the year"

Will glared at him, "Well you could just go sit on Olympus if you really wanted."

Percy laughed, "Oh come on sunny, you know I wouldn't leave you guys, besides Aphrodite won't leave me alone up there." The god winced thinking of his many encounters with the goddess of love.

Annabeth had stepped down as cabin councillor and let one of her brothers take her place. She found it hard to sit with her former friends during meetings and avoided them as much as possible to stay clear of the angry looks and comments they would give her.

After finding out what she did to Percy many people refused to be friends with her. Nobody felt too bad for her though as she deserved it and she still had a few of her siblings who tolerated her.

Chiron spoke up, "Well it seems we will be going to war again demigods," he paused and looked at Percy, "and god."

Leo looked at his feet deep in thought, "Could the broken connection bit of the prophecy be about Percy and-" Leo's voice trailed off as he saw Percy grimace.

"I don't see why that would matter enough to be in a prophecy, Leo" Thalia added, "No offence, Perce."

The hunters were currently staying on camp half-bloods grounds so Thalia was invited to the meeting as the equivalent of cabin councillor being Artemis' lieutenant.

"None taken," the young god replied, "and I agree. As for the rest of the Prophecy, we can't know for sure what it's about quite yet but we do know the doors of death will open, which one way or another is a bad thing." He said darkly.

"Well, at least it said love would end the war right?" Piper piped in. *sorry I had to*

I frowned, "Well see I was thinking about this, and yes Piper it could mean that, but it could also be completely unrelated to the previous line about night coming to bring the fall. It could mean love ends it all for us. Ends the gods"

Leo whistled, "Love the positivity guys."

"Hey I was actually being positive repair boy," Piper said unamused.

He grinned back, "Who said I was being sarcastic?"

"Leo," Piper said slowly, "You are always being sarcastic."

The group nodded their heads in agreement and Leo rolled his eyes.

Chiron cleared his throat, "Back to the task at hand please."

"We should let the gods know Chiron," Will said quietly.

Chiron agreed and pulled a drachma out of his satchel, "Percy if you wouldn't mind."

Percy sat up and flicked his hand towards the centaur creating a fine mist of water which he purposely made to directly land on Leo.

Leo tried to use fire to dry himself but the water kept coming. He scowled at Percy and moved his seat. Percy grinned back.

"Lady Iris, I'd like to see Olympus," Chiron said clearly as he threw the drachma into the rainbow mist.

The image showed the throne room and in it, Zeus was arguing with Hera, the rest of the Olympians slumped on their thrones clearly having heard the same argument before. They all sat upright, glad to see the iris message which shut the King and Queen of the gods up.

I didn't think they'd be so happy when they heard why they were interrupted.

Chiron explained the situation to the gods and just as I had suspected they too were not ecstatic about the situation.

Apollo grumbled, "I can't be bothered with this."

"It's mostly us doing the fighting," his son, Will, pointed out to him, getting a glare back from his father.

Zeus interrupted the two, "Very well Chiron, we will discuss the issue among the council and let your camp know of any precautions we take."

The last thing the group in the big house heard as Chiron went to wave his hand through the iris message was Aphrodite calling something to Percy.

Maybe it was best we didn't hear what.