Percy Rudely has to Live in a Palace (Annabitch Part 2)

Third-person

The two gods and centaur sat placed around a ping-pong table. "Percy, we would love to have you to stay here at camp, but like Lord Poseidon here says, if Lord Zeus says you have to live on Olympus we don't have much choice," Chiron said grimly.

Percy ran his fingers through his hair. He sighed, "Alright but I can still visit camp right. And what about my mom? I can still visit her right?"

Poseidon nodded, "Visiting camp shouldn't be a problem, Son, but I'll have to ask about Sally."

"But I asked about this and Zeus said it was fine and surely if Zeus can have his bazillion affairs with mortal women I can visit my own mom?!" Percy said angrily.

The small group could hear the sky thunder from outside.

"I'll sort something out, Percy, okay?" The sea god said calmly.

Percy put his head between his hands, "Maybe I would have been better of not accepting the offer to become a god at all."

Poseidon looked at his feet, "I don't think it would have made much difference."

Removing his hands from his head Percy questioned his father on what he meant.

"Well you see, just like Zeus said, he was going to make you a god whether you liked it or not, " He answered.

Percy scowled, "Of course he wasn't, imagine Zeus not getting what he wants."

Chiron and Poseidon shifted in their seats looking uncomfortable.

Poseidon then broke the silence, "Well your palace on Olympus is still getting built so I suppose you could stay here for a few days, " he said trying to cheer his son up.

Percy then stood up signalling the conversation was over. "Well I'll see you in Olympus then I guess," he said to Poseidon.

"I'll see you then son."

"Bye, dad."

The older god flashed out and Percy nodded to Chiron, leaving the room.

Percy POV

I could have flashed to the pavilion for lunch but I decided against it because I didn't want to draw any more attention to myself. I preferred walking anyways.

As I walked past the training area I could see people stopping what they were doing to watch me.

I will never get used to that.

I glanced towards the Athena cabin and from the corner of my eye, I could see Annabeth standing in front of the cabin waving at me to come over. I walked on paying no attention.

Aphrodite has been talking to me a lot recently. She says that I will get over it and she knows cause she's the goddess of love and all that stuff. But I'm not so sure.

I've known Annabeth since I was 12. I've very literally been through hell and back with her. She even took a knife for me when we were 16.

I just don't see how after all that we've gone through together she could do this to me. I really can't see myself getting over it anytime soon.

I was so lost in thought I didn't hear someone come up behind me and tap my shoulder.

I turned around and narrowed my eyes at the blond-haired girl with grey eyes in front of me.

"Percy can we please talk," she said.

She looked upset and for a second I wanted to reach out and cup her face in my hands and tell her I'm sorry. And then I remembered. I remembered that it was her who hurt me not the other way around. She should be saying sorry, but then again, even if she did it wouldn't matter, the damage was done.

She had tried to talk to me since the incident on Olympus and I had ignored her, but I knew I would eventually need to talk to her. I guess now would have to do.

"Make it quick," I grumbled

Annabeth look stunned for a second, surprised I had agreed, but she immediately snapped out of it and began speaking almost as if she had prepared what she was going to say. Knowing her she probably had.

"Percy I am so sorry, I shouldn't have broken up with you. I'm willing to take the risk of you cheating on me if we can be together again. I think it would be a waste us building up such a close relationship for you to throw it away so please forgive me already"

If I wasn't so mad I probably would have laughed, "THE RISK OF ME CHEATING? FOR ME TO THROW IT AWAY?" I yelled furiously, "HOW THE ACTUAL FUCK DO YOU CALL THAT SHIT AN APOLOGY"

She suddenly became very interested in the grass beneath her feet.

I lowered my voice when I realised a small crowd had gathered around us.

I was getting so angry that the crowd's noises were beginning to be drowned out by the static in my ears. I was completely focused on Annabeth.

"Annabeth," I said with a sense of calmness in my voice that meant one thing. Run.

I was unaware that in my state of anger the ground was starting to crack and shake.

I continued speaking, "I swear on the Styx that I will never again help you. That I will never be even friendly with you. That I will never talk to you unless it is necessary. And that I will NEVER get back together with you. You betrayed me Annabeth. My fatal flaw is loyalty, but my loyalty no longer is with you."

As Annabeth trailed back to her cabin, my anger dissipated and the rest of my senses came back to me. Only then did I realise what happened. The ground within a 10-metre radius had massive cracks throughout it. Trees had fallen due to their roots being yanked from the earth. Shaken campers stood watching me with wide eyes.

From behind the campers, I heard a whistle, "Gee Percy that was some show."

A grinning Leo stepped out from the crowd.

I smirked. Leo could lighten the mood at a funeral. "Wanna get lunch?" I asked him.

"Of course Lord Perseus, as you wish," he said a smile still stretched across his face.

Together we walked to the pavilion, brushing past the stunned campers.

"You know Chiron's gonna ask you about this Perce?" Leo chuckled.

"Deny, deny, deny. He has no proof it was me," I said already starting to feel better.