Deimos Feels Fear (The Alliance)

Athena POV

Today was the annual all-gods council meeting.

Hundreds of chairs had been set up to accommodate the huge number of gods in the pantheon.

All the gods except us, the Olympians would have to stay human-sized to fit in the throne room.

I arrived early and sat on my throne reviewing the book that the demigods had come up with, called Camp Half-Blood Confidential, (or The Complete History of Pavement, depending on how well you can see through the mist. ) They had made it to spare the new arrivals of watching the orientation video made by Apollo. So far the book was definitely proving a better option to get to know the Greek demigod camp.

I had finished reading and set the book aside when the rest of the gods starting flashing in.

I pulled out the massive list that Zeus had asked me to make to make sure that all the gods who agreed to come showed up.

There was exactly the right amount of chairs for everyone.

I noticed one chair was left empty so I scanned the list to see that Perseus Jackson was not here, and late. Typical.

Zeus turned to me and asked if we were ready to begin.

I rolled my eyes and replied, "No father, Perseus is late, give it a few minutes. Annabeth had once mentioned that he is usually late to practise in camp and his school lessons."

He grumbled and nodded back.

In two minutes just as I had predicted, gold flashed in the centre of the room and Perseus appeared.

He sarcastically and very dramatically bowed to Zeus and turned to find a seat.

Luckily Zeus didn't detect the sarcasm and looked quite pleased at the unusual "respect" he was getting.

I smirked at my father's idiocy.

The newly arrived god looked around the room for somewhere to sit. He seemed to notice Khione sitting in the corner of the room waving at him to sit beside her but he avoided eye contact. He then found a seat beside Iris that he threw himself on to.

I watched as Deimos, who was sitting behind him, saw him and starting looking very angry. Guess he hated Perseus because his father did, or maybe he had met him himself.

Deimos starting kicking the former demigod's seat, in an attempt to annoy him. After a few kicks, Perseus fast as lighting grabbed his foot and twisted it at an unnatural angle, smirking as the god of terror yelped and removed his feet from the back of his chair. He didn't try to bother Perseus again.

Zeus started speaking. I listened attentively as the council discussed the Prophecy for a few hours. Zeus was about to dismiss the gods when Perseus stood up.

"Uh can I ask something, " he asked my father.

"Go on, " Zeus said.

"Well um, you know the way there is going to be another war, judging by the Prophecy."

The council of the gods nodded.

"Well, wouldn't it be better if we had more allies, like super powerful ones."

I rolled my eyes at his phrasing.

He got another nod signalling for him to continue.

"Well, I've talked to some people who want to help us, "

"And they are. "

"Primordials. "

You could hear a pin drop in the room.

The gods who weren't paying much attention to the Hero of Olympus were now listening carefully.

"Which primordials boy?” Zeus demanded.

Perseus looked at his feet and ran his hand through his hair nervously.

"Nyx and Erebos, " he said almost as if asking a question.

If it was possible for a silent room to become more silent it did.

Then Aphrodite shrieked, "Percy why do you want that bitch on our side."

Perseus winced.

"Look all I want is for Zeus to have a talk with them ok, you guys can work out what to do. Ever heard of the phrase 'don't shoot the messenger'."
He said pleadingly.

I weighed out the pros and cons of having them on our side and came to the conclusion that it would be beneficial to have not one but two primordial's on our side in a war.

It seemed ridiculous that we were planning for a war that we didn't know who it was against but it wouldn't have been the first time.

"Father, " I said politely, deciding that even though I don't like Perseus he had a point.

"Yes?" He said, still dumbfounded by the new god's proposal.

"I think having Nyx and Erebos on our side would be a good move, and we really don't want to make them our enemies by refusing."

He hummed to himself in thought then looked as if he came to a decision.

"Silence!" He boomed, hushing the many voices that started shout whether in agreement or disagreement after Perseus told us of our possible to be allies.

The throne room quieted slightly only to grow louder after Zeus announced that he would arrange a meeting with the two primordials to see if they were willing to join us.

"Think about it, " I shouted out over the crowd, " you've all heard the prophecy, 'Those must trust the hero or pay the price' Well I'm fairly sure that it would make sense for the literally titled 'Hero of Olympus' to be the hero, so maybe we need to trust him that Nyx and Erebos are with us or we will 'pay the price'.

The gods seemed to agree with my statement judging from the way they grew quiet again.

Perseus smiled gratefully at me.

"The Olympian council shall talk to Erebos and Nyx about the proposition. Everyone who is not on the council is dismissed. Perseus Jackson, please remain." Zeus spoke out authoritatively.

The crowds shuffled out of the throne room whilst talking the one another in groups or staring at Perseus.

"Perseus we will meet here in two days at this time, bring Nyx and Erebos," Zeus said once the other non-Olympian gods had left.

The former demigod nodded at Zeus, gave his father, Poseidon, a smile and left the room.

I wasn't sure whether this would go well or not but I knew one thing for sure.

It would be interesting.