Demigod's are Fragile

Athena POV

"So you're going to get Perseus to find out right?" I asked my father.

"How did you know?" Zeus replied.

"Well, really it was easy. You allowed Perseus to visit his mother, which likely wasn't out of goodwill, knowing you. Therefore, something has come up that he can help you with as his 'favour'. After that, it's quite simple to figure out that the only problem for you that has arisen in this very issue. Asides from all that, he does everything for us, of course, it would be him," I stated.

Zeus grunted something before waving his hand.

In a second, Perseus Jackson appeared before us.

He folded his arms and raised an eyebrow at us as if to say, 'Well, get on with it.'

I still wasn't used to his disrespectful attitude, if I'm being quite honest.

"It's that favour, isn't it?" The former demigod said with a sigh.

Zeus nodded. "Athena will explain what you must do," He announced to the younger god.

Perseus scoffed, "Not even telling me yourself?"

Zeus frowned, "No I have business to attend to."

"Is that business in the mortal realm?" Percy asked sarcastically with his hands on his hips.

Zeus growled, "Watch it, boy."

Then he flashed away.

Perseus then looked to me, "So what's up?" He asked.

"I assume you're referring to the favour Zeus wants and not me?" I asked in reply.

He shrugged which I took as a yes.

"As you may know, Iris messages are down," I started to explain, "We originally assumed it was just a small error or something easily fixed, but Iris was unable to sort it out so she came to Zeus. Zeus was also unable to do anything to fix it so we reckon it's not something accidental but someone has purposely caused damage to the system."

"So you want me to find out who screwed it up?" Perseus asked.

"Yes and no, we do want you to do that, but there's something else too. The Iris issue is only minor."

The god groaned. "Of course," he said. "What is it?"

"So as I explained, the Iris messages are down. Camp Jupiter needed to get a message to Camp Half-Blood and they worked that out for themselves. So without Iris messages, they decided to send a few demigods to deliver the message in person."

Perseus nodded at me to continue.

When I was sure he was following I continued, "But the demigods didn't make it to the Greek camp."

The god covered his mouth in shock, "They died?" He whispered.

"Wait no, no. They are fine. They just went back to their Roman camp."

Perseus visibly relaxed.

"They went back because they came across a barrier," I told him.

"What do you mean a barrier?" He asked me.

"Like an invisible wall. Monsters and mortals seem to get through easily, but for demigods, it's a solid wall."

"Kinda like the opposite of Camp Half-Blood's barrier. Where is it?"

"It's right between the two camps. The praetors sent many troops out across the country to see how long the barrier was before they reported it. They even sent some troops to check if it went through the sea and through Canada."