Damn, Another Dam

Ok so I'm super boring for doing two POVs in a row that are Percy's but I really thought this chapter needed to be in Percy's point of view to get dem good emotions.

Percy POV

"No Cora! Put that down!" I said frantically after I watched in horror as my six-month-old baby sister picked up a celestial bronze dagger.

A few Hermes campers were snickering in the corner of the arena thinking it was funny and not a tiny child with a life-threatening object.

I would've slapped them but I was too concentrated on getting the blade out of Cora's tiny grasp.

I didn't want to run at her, in case she got frightened and dropped it on her feet.

"Heya Cora if you put it down we can play aeroplane later ok?" I said, hoping she would understand that I was referring to when I would put her up on my shoulders and pretend I was a plane.

She must have taken something from my words, though, because she giggled and threw the knife to the side with surprising force.

In normal circumstances, I would've been worried for the Hermes camper who was previously laughing but now was not because he had a knife buried in his leg.

But instead, I was completely focused on Cora because instead of crawling towards me, she was walking.

Demigods always tended to be more advanced than mortal babies because of their godly blood, but even this was amazing.

She took small, shaky steps, but steps never the less.

Every camper had grown to love Cora, so currently there were a small crowd of demigods gathered who were standing watching her take her first steps.

She waddled forward straight into my waiting arms and the camp cheered.

"Well done, Cora, " I whispered as I hoisted her up onto my shoulders with one hand.

A couple of Aphrodite and Demeter girls were cooing and saying how cute I was with Cora.

One suggested going to the pavilion for a mini celebration.

I remembered my mom telling me that she hadn't been around for my first steps because she was working and had left me in the hands of Gabe, who at the time she thought was a decent enough man.

I was determined to make Cora's big moments better than mine, whether she was with her parents or not, so I agreed happily with the camper and we all went down to the pavilion.

I set Cora in her high chair which was made by a Hephaestus camper and brought her over a very tiny slice of cake that the other campers were dishing out.

She reached to grab the cake in her fists, knowing from the times I had snuck her treats that this was something nice.

As she grabbed the cake from her tray she also knocked over my cup of water that I had set there momentarily.

I sighed as the water spilt over her and made a cloth materialise in my hands to clean her up.

I pulled her out of her chair and sat her on the Poseidon table's bench.

The water had very clearly spilt over her, but there was not a speck of water on her. She was completely dry.

She really was my sister! I was pretty sure she was anyways but I was glad to have it confirmed.

"She's dry!" I exclaimed happily to the other campers.

The looked confused so I explained that she had spilt water over herself but remained dry.