Part 5

Their eyes met for a fraction of second and they felt slipping into some other world.Sanyukta was more terrible than him feeling his intensive eyes piercing through some alien territory of her heart.

"Sanyu...Randhir ko coffee do beta..."Anju pinched her daughter to bring her back from her frozen spot.

She flinched by her mother's act and spilled some coffee on the floor near his shoes.

"I..I..a..am..so..so..rry.."her throat died out of fear more precisely embarrassment in front of the people who might going to be her in laws.

"Its okay...give it to me"Randhir blurted out of sudden.

She kept the cup before him with shivering hands.She didn't expect this to be happened.

"Its completely fine Sanyukta..come and sit with us.."Renu patted the seat beside her to make her feel at some ease.

Sanyukta looked at her then to her parents.Who somehow were embarrassed too yet nodded their head.

She nervously sat leaving some space between her and Renu , this time more consious of her actions to avoid further blunders.

It wasn't like her.She was never been like this but there was something in his aura which make her legs became jelly.

"Sanyukta I said there is nothing to fear about . Its normal for a girl feeling nervous..it happened with Renu when I went to see her with my family...No one can then say she would be a successful business woman..the way she behaved like a timid lamb..."Harsh joked.

"Yes Sanyu...um can I call you Sanyu..?"Renu asked with hope in her dark black eyes.

In response she could only nod feeling a pair of eyes on her and she knew who it was making her more uncomfortable but shy at the same time.

"So beta tell me what plans do you have for your future..I mean your career..?"Harsh started the conversation again carefully not to sound audacious.

"I want to persue my masters  and then want to join some reputable company.."she answered honestly.

"Hmmm... great..if you don't mind asking yoh another question..?"Harsh said in a serious tone.

She shot up her eyes .

"Sanyukta..we are not here only to ask your hand for our son so that we can give him a dutiful wife to serve but a person who will assist him in the future like Renu stood beside me when I took over the ownership of our company..so we expect you to think about this marriage because your responsibilities are going to be doubled.."Harsh said in a go.

Silent sprawled in the air.Sanyukta couldn't decide what to answer.On first she was feeling top of the world and blessed to meet such lovely people but secondly she didn't know  about the man's decision she was going to be married... possibly.

Kishore,who knew his daughter like a transparent book,sensed her inner dilemma and spoke,"Bhai Sahab mujhe lagta hai Randhir or Sanyukta ko bhi kuch baatien kar leni chahiye kyunki akhiri faisla inhi dono ko lena hai..".

Harsh and Renu's face drained out knowing well about their son's disagreement to this marriage .

"Hmm okay.."Harsh uttered uneasily then turned to his son who was lost in his own zone.

"Randhir.."that's all he said.Randhir blanched getting his father's unsaid command .

"Sanaya..dono ko upar terrace wali balcony meim le jao.."Kishore told his younger daughter because he didn't want Sanyukta to put another stupid stunt.

"Yes Papa..."Sanaya who was eagerly waiting to meet the handsome man got up and went to Randhir first.

"Hey..would be brother in law..come with me.."she said to Randhir literally drooling over his personality but not in a wrong way.

He gave her a nervous smile and followed her robotically.

Sanyukta lagged behind them in kitten steps.

"I still can't believe Randhir Singh Shekhawat...whom I only saw in magazines,news channels and tabloids..is here.. probably going to be my brother in law.."Sanaya kept blabbering.

"Ohh..so I guess you're my fan.."Randhir playfully rolled his eyes.No doubt he was proud of what he achieved in last few years.

"500%...I even follow you on your social media accounts.."she chipped.

"Lo hum aa gaye...Di..Randhir Sir..enjoy your time.."Sanaya gave them a thumb up.

Again awkwardness filled their lungs.Sanyukta could not raise her head once Sanaya left them alone.

Randhir's situation was not different.He didn't come across such awkward moments in his lifetime.

But someone had to break the ice.And it was Randhir.

"Hey.."he gave her a nervous smile.

"Hi.."came like a mere whisper.

She felt her voice abandoning her vocal cord.

"Can we stand there..under the shade.."he pointed to the small shade where cool breeze was playing with the flower veins.

"Hmm.."she blinked her eyes trying her best to act normal because his intimidating presence .

"So.. pleasant the weather is.."he said randomly.He couldn't form a logical conversation.

"Yeah..the April is quite pleasant .."she closed her eyes when a sudden gush of wind slapped her face.

"I loved the weather of Miami..when I stayed there for five years..the best on the earth.."he said.

"I don't know.. because I never travel outside the country.."she shrugged her shoulders.The air was slowly getting comfortable between them.

"Ohh..but never leave the chance when you get one.."he said briefly.

Again there was nothing to exchange.

Each wanted to ask so many questions but chose to hold their tongue.

Suddenly his phone started ringing.He saw the caller id.It was a business call.He ignored the call.

"Why are you not attending the call it must be important.."Sanyukta stared at him questioningly.

"No..Its not..just a reminder of evening's meeting.."he smiled for the first time he entered in the house.

Her breath hitched in her lungs.How attractive he looked with those dimples when he smiled.A smile which caused her to dart her pupils at his face.

"You'll attend a meeting just after returning from here?"she asked in a shocked expression.

This time he wanted to stare at her cute face.There was no trace of fake make up.Just those pink cheeks and button nose .

"Yes..work can't be neglected for anything.."he said and tore off their eye contact .

It was becoming hard for him to stay around her.Her presence made him feel something different.

Their moment was broken by Ankit who came there to call them back .

"Everybody is calling you both back in the living room.."he signalled them to sprint down.

Sanyukta was the first to ran like a mouse from a lion's trap.Leaving Randhir with Ankit.

She knew if she would had stayed with him for another moment , she was going to get a heart attack.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
First meeting.

Is it interesting?

~~Trishla Singh😊😊😊