Part - 16

"The food is delicious..."she appreciated the food that was served to her.

"But your mother's hand made dishes are more delicious.."he said putting his spoon on the empty plate.

"Isn't too cheesy.."she narrowed her eyes.

"I said the fact .."he replied casually.

"Well I'll tell her you liked her food.."she wiped her mouth with napkin as they were done with their lunch.

"She knows that we talk over phone.."he looked at her questioningly.

She remained silent .She should not spill the words.

"Sanyukta your family doesn't know about it,Right..?"he asked again looking directly into her eyes.His eyes depicted that he wanted to hear only truth.

"No.."she didn't able to match his eyes anymore.

"Why ?I mean they won't allow you to talk to me before marriage."he asked,anexious by her odd answer.

"No it's not like that.."she shook her head negatively."I am not able to tell them..Its..Its quite awkward for me.."she stuttered.

"Alright..so are you going to tell them or just continue with our secret conversation.."he asked .

"I don't know.."came her inaudible reply.

He sat quite for a moment.She was looking on her lap.

He must be thinking how timid she was and old minded.He was regretting his decision of marrying her.All these thoughts were erupting in her mind.

"Sanyukta look at me.."she heard his voice.It was soft like everytime giving her some relief.May be she was thinking wrong of him.

She raised her eyes with shame.

"Listen Sanyukta..I think you should tell your parents..I don't find it appropriate to talk with my own fiancee every time in fear of being caught by my parents when there is nothing wrong in it..."he expressed what he decided .

She rewind his words.He was right.There was nothing which should be hidden from her parents.If they would know,they will be happy indeed.

"What do you decide Sanyukta?"he wanted to know her decision.

"Okay...I'll tell them...today only."she said after battling with her own self.

He smiled like before .

"I should go back now..Its quite late.."she said glancing over her wrist watch.

"Okay..wait for fifteen minutes I'll drop you in my way to the airport.."he said getting up from the chair.

"No Randhir it's okay I will manage
and it's not safe for you to roam around a crowded place in the absence of your security systems.."she said in concern.

He was stunned once again.She put her dignity on stake just to meet him but refused to accept his offer for his safety.

"As you wish..Ms. Sanyukta Agrawal.."he playfully threw his hands in air.

"Thanks for all this.."she roamed her  gleamy eyes in the whole room which was decorated only for her.

"No need of formalities Sanyukta..I did all this because I really wanted to.."he said with a different emotion in his voice.

"Good bye..I'll call you when I reach home.."she lowered her gaze.

She collected her hand bag and phone and moved to the door but he stood on his place.She opened the door to leave and turned her head to look at him for one last time.Her eyes asked him so many unsaid questions.

"Can I hug you..?"he said out of sudden.

His wish electrified every cell of her body.She didn't able to respond.How gently he asked for a simple hug but his magnetic personality and handsome face resulted summersaults into the pit of her stomach.

His heart fell getting no reaction from her and guilt pooled him.She was a girl for whom it was a big thing to deal with .

"Its fine..I know I must not push you for something you're not comfortable .."he said in a low voice.

"Randhir..."her sweet voice made him look at her.She signalled him to come near her.

He walked to her with steady steps.He stopped in a gentleman's distance from where she was standing.He watched her squeezing her hands and eyes and then wrapped her slender arms around his neck.

He was stunned but happy at the same time.After a few seconds he too wrapped his hands on her back.

It wasn't a tight hug .Their bodies hardly collided with each other yet it was enough to create the base of a new relationship .

She freed herself in few seconds .She adored the floor as if it was the center of the universe.

"Bye..."she chipped and left the room without turning again.

"See you soon.."he blushed remembering their first hug as a couple.

At Agrawal House...

She entered in her house.Her parents were in the living area.Their eyes landed on Sanyukta who was walking in their direction while looking down on the earth.

"Sanyu...how was the party?"Kishore asked her happily.

"Beta lekin tu khush to nahi lag rahi..kya hua.."Anju sensed her odd behavior.

"She must be tired Anju.let her breathe first ..."Kishore said to his wife.

"Papa.."she gulped looking at her father."I want to tell you something which I hide from you and Maa.."

Now Kishore too became worried seeing his daughter who was on the verge of crying.He cupped her face,"Sanyu..tere maan mein jo bhi hai bol de.. hume pata hai tune kuch galat nahi kiya hoga.."he blinked his eyes expressing his trust on her.

"Papa..I lied to you..I wasn't with my friends.."tears escaped from her eyes,"Randhir was in Delhi ,he wanted to celebrate my birthday so he asked me to come to the hotel he was staying .He didn't know that I lied to you and Maa that I was going to meet him...I am sorry Papa.. I broke you trust..I failed as your daughter.I deceived the morals you taught me.I hide things from you..I am sorry Papa..I am sorry.."she broke down completely on his chest.

Kishore was shocked by his daughter's confession and a broad smile crept on his face,a proud father's glory beamed in his eyes.

"I knew it since beginning..or ye bhi ki tumhari Randhir se baatein hoti hai..and there is nothing wrong in it.He is your future husband or shaadi se pehle ek dusre ko jaam lena behtar hota hai..but I am happy that you told about your meeting with Randhir . You never failed me Sanyukta in fact it is always you who make me feel proud as a father... beta."he kissed her forehead affectionately.

She looked up at him.

"I love you Papa.. You're the best father in the world."she hugged him again.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
She confessed.

And I think every  child should be transparent of the happenings of their lives to their parents.

Well it's my individual thinking.

How was their first hug?

Stay safe,stay tuned.

~~Trishla Singh😊😊😊