What You Missed

Today was my first day of school after everything.

I lost my boyfriend last year.

I lost my baby.

I lost a friend.

I was forced to listen to said friend's tape about the reasons why she killed herself, not by choice.

I almost lost my best friend.

I had to forget about my best friend cause she killed my boyfriend.

My dad cheated God alone knows why.

I tried to take my life, but it didn't work.

Now I'm here.

I'm alive, and I have to move on.

But I found out I have to testify at my dead friend's trial.

Great, just great.

"Hey try to have a good day today. I love you," my mom said encouragingly, kissing my cheek. "Love you too" I exited the car and pull on the hoodie strings.
I walked into school and went straight to my locker.

"Hey, Ella, your back can't wait to party with you!" I heard a guy yell.

"Man we're gonna get wasted", a next one laughed.

I let out a shaky breath clutching the inside of my locker.

"Can you kindly fuck off?" I asked sarcastically. "Damn Elle you don't got to be a bitch", I heard someone say viciously.

"Okay I don't know which of you is dumber the girl just said fuck off. Are you illiterate?" I heard a new voice say he sounded as if he was mocking them. I turned and saw a short dude with spiky black hair and two of his friends, I assumed.

They rolled their eyes. "Fuck off!" They walked away.

"Thank you. You didn't have too" I said quietly, turning back to my locker. "It was nothing. They were bothering you," the guy replied. I closed my locker. "The name's Cyrus."

I gave him a thin-lipped smile "Ella." He smiled at me.

"Hey is this asshole bothering you?" Dear God, why today? It's my first day back. I turned to my cousin "No Bryce goodbye" I ducked under his arm and ran. I ended up in an empty classroom.

Breath breathe
Everything's okay; breathe.

I wiped away the tears from my eyes. I walked out and checked my schedule. English excellent it's my favourite subject even when I was overdosing I still managed to excel. I saw Alex walking with Zach. I ran up to him.

"Alex I've missed you" I hugged the disabled boy. He struggled to raise his right arm to hug me back. "Me too" I pulled back and kissed his cheek. "How are you?" I asked. "Still a cripple", he replied, wincing softly. The bell rang. "I gotta go talk to you later" I kissed his cheek again before walking off. I didn't even bother to talk to Zach.

Alex is the only person I've talked to since I've been at home plus it wasn't that much since he shot himself and forgot some things for a while. Everyone else is pretty much dead to me, or I don't care enough.

I walked into class and sat, let's get this over with.

~Lunchtime~

I decided to eat on the bleachers. 

I played around with the vegetables thinking about what I would be doing now if Jeff was still here or if I was still pregnant.

"Mind if I join you?" I raised my head to see Cyrus there. "Why are you following me?" I asked, slightly annoyed. He walked up to get closer to me. "I eat here every day you're in my spot", he said matter of factly. "Oh tough" I put the veggies in my mouth.