Spring Fling

Friday 19th April

We attended Hannah's funeral earlier; now we're at her wake at Monet's.

"I can't believe he's leaving," I said, drinking my hot chocolate. "Right he was always there. I mean he still is technically but-" Zach stopped talking. I turned around to see Justin.

"Yo, dude!" Zach grabbed him and lifted him. "You're crushing me", Justin laughed.

"Hey you," I greeted him shyly. "Don't do that", he pulled me in. "I've missed you so much, Ellie" he kissed my forehead. "I've missed you more" I clenched his sweater in my hand, inhaling his scent.

I talked to other people and socialised, eventually making my way back to Justin and Clay. I sat on the couch next to Justin, texting Cyrus. He leaned back, sighing, one of his legs laying atop mine. "You gonna go to this dance?" He asked.

"What the Spring Fling thing?" Clay asked. "Why in the world would I go to that?"

"I don't know", Justin replied. "It...it might be fun? Ella?" He looked at me, "Cyrus asked so yeah it might be fun."

"I don't go to dances. You can go" Clay shrugged. "No," Justin let out dryly "I just thought it'd be my first thing back, and I could show people that I'm not, like, hiding or whatever." They looked at each other. Justin clicked his tongue. "Forget it."

I rolled my eyes. "You went with Hannah and you" I nudged his leg. "Went with your boys, and you guys can go together."

"Fine", Clay scoffed. "We'll go."

Justin and I chuckled. "Woo go, team!"

Mrs Baker approached us. "I should be on my way" Clay got up to speak to her. "Bye Ella", I waved at her "Bye Miss Baker."

Saturday 20th April

"How do I look?" I struck a pose.

"Beautiful. We're dancing all night so be prepared to mess up the hair" he kissed my cheek. "Awesome."

We danced around with the others before going for something to drink. I got a text from Justin that he arrived, so I went to see him. "Hey, guys! You all look so handsome," I complimented them. "I wouldn't use the word handsome to describe myself but" Clay grimaced.

"Jensen takes the compliment" Cyrus took a seat next to him. "You look great", Justin complimented me. "More like beautiful", Zach winked.

I sat on Cy's lap, watching everyone mingle to the currently lame music. I felt Cy squeeze my side when the song changed, "You guys, come on. We gotta go in for this one!" Mack exclaimed. "Okay but it's full contact. This dance desperately needs it" I got off his lap, he held my hand to lead me to the dance floor.

"Jensen, come on. Are you about kicking ass, or are you not?" Cyrus asked him. "I'm..." He thought about it. "I am. I totally am."

"That's what I'm talking about!" I cheered excitedly.

"So come a little closer! There is something I can tell ya! You are such a rollercoaster!" I sang along happily, dancing with my friends. I felt someone turn me around. "Some killer queen you are!" Cyrus sang. I giggled, kissing him.

Mack pulled me away as we danced together, jumping around happily and excitedly with our hands clasped. "That was awesome! I'm hungry now" we laughed together at my comment. "Maybe after we can get some food", she replied.

"Ooo pizza or chips?"

"Pizza duhh."

I noticed the song change. "Oh no", I mumbled.

"What?" She asked, concerned.

"I gotta find Clay" I got up and made my way through the crowd. Tony and Jess were already there. I joined in, wrapping my arms around him, supporting him. I felt a squeeze on my shoulder. Alex nodded at me. I leaned against him as we slowly swayed together until it was finished.

"What was that about?" Cyrus asked me, "Clay and Hannah danced to this song at the last Spring Fling." He nodded understandingly. He sat in a chair, pulling me right back onto his lap. "I missed this," he told me. "Me too"

"We should leave soon," he rubbed my arm soothingly, "What about Mack?" I asked. "We'll come back for her" he kissed my shoulder. 

"Cy, you better look at this. I just got this text." She passed her phone. I peeked. "Jesus, Mack."

"We have to tell a teacher," I uttered, scared.

"We can't let him do this. We have to stop him." Clay said.

"We need to get out of here. We need to call the cops." Zach yelled, "Agreed. This is serious!" I cried. Tyler's threatening a mass shooting!

"Agreed," Cyrus said also.

"If we do, his life is over." Clay said.

"His life is over either way. He's either going to jail, or he's dead." Zach said matter of factly.

"Tyler doesn't want to die. I know he doesn't," Alex spoke up.  "Where's Tony?" Clay asked.

"What's going on, guys?" Justin asked, joining our huddle.

"Have you seen Jess?" Alex asked, but he didn't reply, just looked at us.

"Well, shit", I muttered. Alex glared at Justin.

"Justin find Jessica. Get everyone you can. Lock the doors, stay inside and don't call the police. I gotta find Tony" he gave Justin his phone.

"What the hell! Clay!" He yelled.

"We're gonna die. We're gonna die. I'm too young" I started hyperventilating.

"Ella, don't-" Alex got cut off.

"I got it, man," Cyrus said, taking me away through the crowd. "Calm down E. Calm down" he sat me on a chair. "Here's some water breathe."

I cried. "I talked to him the other day, and we went out. He said he was doing good Cy. Why?" He passed me the bottle of water. "I don't know, but you need to calm down."

I love Rollercoaster so much eee
Anyways last episode of the season and this is the last chapter of the story. Not sure if I'll continue but we'll see. Lemme know what you guys think.

Once again thank you for reading this far😊♥️