We Learn From Every Experience

"Hey, you!" I saw Tony walking towards me.

 "Hey", he wrapped me in a hug. "How are you, Walker?" He asked. "Fine. I started therapy again," I told him. "That's great. I hope it helps," he kissed my forehead. "Me too Padilla," I squeezed his hand.

"How's that boyfriend of yours?" I put a few bags of chips in my basket. "He's good I haven't spoken to him in awhile I think we'll hang out tomorrow he's supposed to be home alone", he hummed. "If you want anything pick it up I'll buy it" I placed two packs of chocolate chip cookies in my basket.

"This may be inappropriate, but are you pregnant? Four boxes of popcorn, four large bags of chips, two boxes of cereal, way too much grape juice and now two packs of extra thick, extra chocolaty deliciousness, chocolate chip cookies they might as well market this as sex" I laughed at how he pronounced the description of the cookies.

"No, I am not pregnant if you must know..." I trailed off, eyeing some hard candy. "My therapist thinks it best if I find another way to relieve stress or anxiety. I chose food, physical activity makes me feel, hmm, what's the word?" I took the hard candy and threw it in my basket. "Exhausted besides you can never have too much grape juice" I shrugged.

"Ah if my memory is correct you were a great cheerleader and could do serious laps around the pool", he commented, putting stuff in the basket. "I guess we'll see" I gave him a thin-lipped smile biting my bottom lip nervously.

~Alex's house~

"I have a question," I announced, crawling onto his bed. "Shoot", he stuffed his mouth with chips. "Do you think I should try out for the swim team?"

"Yeah, I don't see why not" he shrugged. "I have one for you before you testified, were you threatened?" I shook my head. "No, why?" He ate some more chips. "Alot of us were me included, and I didn't even get to."

"Odd", I murmured. "Why are you playing that game? I thought your dad didn't like you interacting with guns?" I stared at the screen. "I asked him because when I played the game in the arcade I remembered, I played this game that night..." he glanced back at me. "Maybe I'll remember some more."

I let him be while I ate quietly, not minding the silence but glad I didn't have to be alone. After a while, he stopped but seemed a bit shaken up. "You okay? Want to talk about it?" I asked. No response "Alex?"

"I heard something. Monty brushed it off, but I heard something, I think I heard Hannah," he replied faintly. Could it be? Bryce really did rape her that night? He pushed her over the edge. "Ella you really can't defend Bryce anymore there is way too much against him."

"Alex remember on my tape where Hannah says 'Ella Grace I don't regret meeting you, but I wish the circumstances were different, I wish the people around us were different' I'm beginning to think she was referring to Bryce" I frowned.

~Next day
Cyrus' house~

"Honey I'm home!" I called happily, entering the familiar home. "Hey, there, superstar!" He picked me up, and I wrapped my legs and arms around him. "We have the house to ourselves. We can do whatever you want" I kissed his nose. "I want to make out actually", he smirked at me, moving to the couch.

"Is this good?" He asked, holding the whisk up so I could examine it. "Mix it a bit more" I put the mittens on and took out the cake. "Yes it rose!" I placed it on a wooden pot holder turning the oven off.

"Okay I think this is good" I inspected it, swiping some with my finger "Perfecto!" I wiped my finger in a towel. "Do you guys have a wire rack?" I searched the cabinets. "I think so " he started searching too. "Here you go" he handed it to me.