It Only Takes A Moment

~ Flashback ~

"Drink the water E. Come on" he held the bottle close to my mouth.

"Hey! You!" I recognised Justin's voice. 

"Why'd you call the cops, huh! We said we had it handled!" He grabbed Cyrus. "Hey, man! You might want to let me go," Cyrus said calmly.

"Justin, what the hell!" I yelled.

"He called the fucking cops Elle!" Justin growled.

"Justin, dude! Leave him. It was me. I called them!" Zach pulled Justin off him.

"Dude, why?"

"Cause he's a fucking maniac who wants to kill us, that's why!"

"If Tyler goes to jail, so does Tony and Clay!"

"Everyone, get down on the ground now! Down on the ground! I repeat down on the ground!" We heard a loud voice yell. The music stopped. I slowly made my way onto the ground.

"It's okay, E. It's okay," Cyrus whispered to me.

I was currently in an interview room.

"Ella Walker. I'm assuming you're not speaking?" The officer asked me. I continued staring at the spot on the wall. "Alright then." He leaned back in his chair.

~A short while later~

"How dare you interrogate our daughter! We'll sue this whole goddamn station!" I heard my dad yelling. The door flew open. "Ella", I got up and hugged my mom.

"Do you have her? Let's go now," my dad ushered us out of the room. "What happened? We heard about a shooter?" My mom questioned me. "Yeah, we almost died. Can we talk about this tomorrow? I wanna shower and sleep," I grimaced.

"Of course. You didn't talk, right?" Dad asked, "Nope."

"That's my girl," he opened the door for me.

~ Next Day ~

Alex
Can I get a ride to Monet's?

Ella
Sure. Be there in 20

I walked down the stairs, grabbing a smoothie from the fridge.

"Goodmorning. Where are you off to?" Dad asked. "Monet's with the crew. We're gonna play twenty-four questions and try to figure out who the attempted shooter was" I gave a fake smile. "What if I told you that you can't go?"

I scrunched up my eyebrows. "I'll sneak through the window, but what good would that do?" He nodded, moving aside. I smiled. "See you later, dad!"

"Bye, Ella."

My phone rang on the way out.

Cyrus💣: Hey babe, you good?

E♥️: Yeah. I'm fine. I'm going for Alex. Would you be at Monet's?

Cyrus💣: I'm coming with Mack. Drive safely, okay?

E♥️: I will. See you

Cyrus💣: See ya

I drove to Alex's house, my phone started ringing, but I needed to concentrate. I pulled up and honked the horn. I checked my phone, and it was Bryce.

Bryce - We need to talk. 

"Pfft, no, we don't."  I looked up to see Alex closing his front door. I opened the door for him and took a sip from my bottle.

"Hey," he said, getting in. "Hey," I responded.

"How are you?" He asked. "I'm alright; wanted to sleep in, though." He laughed, "Me too. Hopefully, we can get some rest after this."

I got a good parking space, and we entered Monet's. Justin and Jessica were speaking at a table. "If you apologise again, I will cut you!" Jessica told Justin harshly. Woah

"Why are you cutting him?" Alex asked. "Um, because he's evil." Jess scoffed, getting up to greet Alex. I walked over to greet Justin. "Hi!"

"Oh, hey, Ellie. How are you?" I sat down. "I'm okay. You?" He refused to turn his head. "Fine."

"Hey Alex, Ella" Clay sat at the table.

"Sup."

"Hey. I'm gonna get a muffin" I got up. "I'll get one too," Justin cleared his throat, getting up also. "What's up with you guys?" I inquired. "Jess and I kind of hooked up last night" he scratched his neck nervously. "What!"

"Shh, she said it was an accident, but I don't know."

"Really, Justin? He loves her alot" I punched his shoulder. "Ow, I know", he winced.

"Two chocolate muffins please", I ordered, taking out the cash for her. She handed them to me. "Thank you."

"Your welcome."

We walked back to the table, waiting on the others to arrive.

I sat between Justin and Cyrus. Clay and Zach were currently going back and forth over Tyler. "I won't say anything, but it's not my job to take care of that psychopath." He stormed out.

"I'll try to talk to him" I pushed my chair back. "Zach! Wait up!" He kept his pace up. I growled and jogged to try to match his pace. "Zach!"

"You can't change my mind, Ella! If you thought about this clearly, you would agree with me. Hell, you were freaking out last night. What about that!" He screamed at me. "Zach, I know, but if we're there for him, he gets some help, it'll be alright."

"You sound completely insane, Ella. Insane." He got in his car and drove off. Is this insane?

After the meeting at Monet's, we went our separate ways.

"How do you feel about all this?" Cyrus asked, painting my toes. "Nervous, unsure, scared, complicated?" I listed off the adjectives.

"I think it's crazy, but if we can prevent him from doing it again, I'm all for it," he shrugged, wiping off nail polish that got on my skin. "You guys are cool again?" I asked. "Yeah, we're not friends, but we're alright. Maybe we should alternate the colours?"

I looked at my feet. "Why? What's wrong with the colour?" He made a face. "Nothing, just boring. Mmm, how about a pattern?" I rolled my eyes. "Can you do a pattern?"

"Yes, I can. I'm very talented, okay. The disrespect," I laughed. "Suree, did you finish that drawing you were doing?" I asked. "Yeah, I did," he got up and grabbed a paper off his desk. It was a raven on a tree "Nice. Gonna frame it?"

"Nah, this isn't that special. I'm working on something better" he returned the paper to the desk. "Care to share?" He poked my nose. "You gotta wait."

"Ooo, it's a surprise?" I gasped. "Yup", he started polishing my toes again.

"I could wait," he looked at me smirked.

I think things are looking up for now. I am going to get better.

~The End...