Sometimes Things Just Happens...

~Next Day
6 am~

I slowly got up, my eyes adjusting to the darkness. I looked for my phone.
6 missed calls
8 unread text messages

I rubbed my face lightly, then tapped in my password. I stared at my background, the text over the sunflowers.
'not so perfect but oh so beautiful' I bit my lip and checked the notifications.

Three missed calls from mom, and two missed calls from dad, one missed call from Cyrus. Five messages from my mom and three from Cyrus. God, I feel bad for doing this to my mom. She was probably so worried. I quickly called her back; she picked up on the first ring.

Her mom: Oh my gosh, Ella! I've been up all night. I was so worried about you. I called Nora, she said you were there, thank god.

Ella: Mom, I'm so sorry. I just...I went home and saw the woman dad was with, and she was pregnant. I freaked out I didn't want to be there with them!

Her mom: Ella, it's okay. It's fine. Your dad told me everything when I got home. We're going to figure this out okay.

Ella: How mom! She's pregnant! She has a whole human growing inside her

Her mom: He thinks it may not be his. He's going to run some tests and all that stuff. Sweetie, your dad, really wants us to be a family again. He's trying

Ella: Yeah, I know. I'm going to get ready for school. I'll see you later

Her mom: Alright, be safe. I love you

Ella: Love you too

I debated whether to call Cyrus or not. I'll text him back

Cyrus💣
Did u make it home safely?
Hey where are u? Ur mom just called me asking for you
Why aren't you picking up??

E
Hey sorry about that something happened I needed space. Talk to you in school

I rest my phone down, falling back onto the bed.

I walked down the stairs slowly. "Ella dear hi", I smiled at my aunt. 

"Hi auntie" I walked over and hugged her. "Thanks for letting me stay over. I just needed to be somewhere familiar and safe" she squeezed my arms.

"It's okay dear; I'm glad you're fine. Did you call your mom?" She asked, "Yes I did. I'm going to get to school now I didn't do any homework last night," I replied. "Oh don't you want breakfast? Bryce is in the kitchen" she clutched her shawl. "No I've intruded enough already I'll just pick up something at the diner."

"Don't be silly. I insist we are family dear" she gently pushed me in the direction of the kitchen guess there's no backing out now. I saw Bryce making a shake "Goodmorning princess", he smirked at me. "Yeah, your mom insisted" I placed my stuff down on the counter.

"I see your clothes still fit", he pointed out while pouring the liquid into glasses. "Yeah well I lost weight" I sat on the counter. He handed me a glass. "Thanks" I drink it slowly, humming happily at the taste of bananas. "Want to tell me what's wrong now?" He asked, leaning against the counter.

"I saw my dad's pregnant mistress, and I left" I drank it, purposely making noise. "Shit. I'm sorry to hear that Ella" I shrugged my shoulders. "Do you want anything to eat?" He asked. "I don't know I'll just walk around till I pass out", he laughed, but I think I'm serious.