Maybe Talking To People Helps

"Hey Cy look", I pointed. A jock just slapped Tyler's books on the ground. "Guys, let's go" he picked up his chair and held it over his head as we walked to the table.

"Hey, Asshole!" Cyrus yelled playfully at him. He turned to see us. "Hey," we said simultaneously, he looked shocked, but we all sat down nevertheless. "Toby, Eric, Chad, this is Tyler, Ella and I's fellow ASS-class colleague and extreme outcast." I waved at him.

"What up?" Eric asked.

"Hey, Tyler," Chad said.

"Yo," Toby said ever so casually.

"You shoot film? Super retro." Mac said, being friendly. Cy put his feet up on the desk and continued reading his book. I did the same but took occasional glances at Tyler; it wasn't too long ago when Cyrus befriended me, and I started hanging with them.

"Yeah. Uh.." I watched Tyler as he fidgeted. Poor thing he was nervous. "I don't know. There's something to holding a picture, like feeling it, I don't know." He continued fiddling with his camera. Smooth

Mackenzie and I laughed. Cyrus looked up from his book and watched him. "Yeah. No, like, um, flipping through a photo album instead of swiping on your phone." She said to him.

"Yeah, exactly." Tyler chuckles. "Uh I'm Tyler", he introduced himself. "Oh I know. Mackenzie." She put out her hand for him to shake. How cute

Some jock turned around and said, "Quiet, freaks." 

We raised both hands and flipped him off until he turned around. Tyler smiled at us. I wrote a short note to Cyrus and put it in his book. He read it and smirked at me.

'It should be illegal how you make me feel wink.'

On the way to my next class, I stopped him, "Does it bother you that I still talk to Bryce?" He stopped walking. "A little, but it's your cousin it is what is", he shrugged. "He got called to testify," I said softly. "Cool he might just tell more lies" he raised his eyebrows. I smirked at my eyeliner wearing boyfriend.

~Later~

"Hey, hey! Anyone home?" I called happily, entering the familiar home. 

"Is that Ella, I hear?" I saw Cyrus' dad walk out of the kitchen. "You know it", he hugged me. "Who is this?"

"Tyler he's cool", Cyrus replied. "Well Tyler if you're staying for dinner you gotta help cook. Go wash up!"  We washed up and got back in the kitchen "Ella your on juice duty. Guys, you gotta slice and dice" I got the jug and water some oranges and strawberries and began juicing them.

Then I added sugar and water. "Here, babe taste" I held the spoon out to Cyrus. "That's delicious" he went back to chopping. "Oh. I need a finer dice on those onions, Tyler." Cyrus' dad said to Tyler; we laughed at him playfully.

"Sorry, my mom usually does this stuff. I don't really know what I'm doing." He admitted, "Give it, give it, give it" his dad took the knife from Tyler and showed him how to do it. "Mothers who baby their sons raise men ill-equipped for life," he professed to him, giving the knife back. "It's a patriarchal tragedy" Tyler just nodded.

"No, what's tragic is Liberty fucking High School." Cy spoke up. "Right?" I looked at them, leaning against the counter. "Today we had a sub in ASS-class, and she took your copy of  The Lottery because it glamorises violence," Cy told his dad, rolling his eyes.

"What? She must not have read it closely." His dad looked confused, brushing his hair back with his hand. "That's the thing. She hasn't read it." Tyler said matter of factly, "What?" His dad asked, looking at me. I shrugged my shoulders. "It's the Liberty way", I declared.