Your The Best Part

I walked out and saw Hannah's mother "Ella, thank you", she hugged me.

"I didn't do anything", I replied softly. "Yes, you did. You told the truth it's okay. I know Hannah wasn't perfect, but she was my daughter, so I loved her, but your testimony was good" I tried to smile, glad she wasn't mad at me.

~Timeskip~

I sat quietly in my kitchen next to Cyrus, doing work for the day that I missed. "Cy, do you think I did the right thing?" I asked, turning to him. "Umm no that's definitely wrong" he scanned my page. "No not that dummy the trial today. Did I make things worse?" I asked, biting my lip.

"No, you said the truth whatever happens after that isn't on you" I looked away. "I feel as if I made her look worse" I frowned, "You said the truth Ella that's the best anyone could ask for" he heaved me off the stool and made me stand between his legs.

"It's going to be okay", he kissed my forehead. "I hope so" I wrapped my arms around him.

~School~

"Hey, Ella. We need to talk" I looked at my cousin. "What's up?" I closed my locker. "I know you've heard shit lately, but you know me. You know I would never rape anyone you've seen the way girls throw themselves at me they want me," I cringed.

"Yes, Bryce, I know. Don't freak out it'll be okay" I kissed his cheek. "Your the best, you know that?" He playfully pinched my cheek. "So you tell me" I smiled at him, slapping his hand playfully.

"Ella everything okay here?" Mr Porter walked over to us. "Yes we're family are we not allowed to speak?" I asked sassily. "Just checking. See you in class. Bryce." he watched him intensely then walked off. I flipped him off as he left. "I hate his ass", Bryce grumbled. "So do I", the bell rang.

"Gotta go we need to have dinner." I told him, "Yes we do" he left.

I walked to my next class, but I bumped into Chloe. "Hey Ella. How are you?" She happily asked.

"Late for class" I tried to go around her, but she blocked me. "I was wondering if you'd thought about joining cheer again you were our former captain, after all, there's a spot for you always," she said happily, clutching her bag.

"Thanks but no thanks Chlo when I left I left for good that wasn't just the drugs" I folded my arms. "Listen I know it brings up bad memories about Jeff-"

"No. You do not get to bring up Jeff ever. Goodbye, Chloe" I stepped around her.

"Ella!"

"Goodbye, Chloe!" I yelled, walking faster.

I made it to class and sat down. He wasn't here yet, thankfully. I put my head down. "Hey", I felt a squeeze on my shoulder. "Hello", I mumbled, not wanting to raise my head. "No shit today?" He asked, "I hope so."

"Want to make out?" He asked. I raised my head. "For real?" He smirked. "Come here" I got up and settled on his lap. "How did I get so lucky?" He shrugged then we started kissing. "Ahem!" We broke away quickly. I returned to my seat next to him in the circle. Cyrus finished his 'drawing' while Mr Porter talked.

After a while, Tyler walked in, looking nervous. "Today we're going to do an exercise that will help you think before you act." Tyler sat down in the seat next to Cyrus. "Because you are going to do the thinking for someone else. You are going to be someone else's eyes and their ears."

Tyler looked down into Cyrus' book. "And you're going to guide them around the room."

"Or out of a window." Cyrus let out, and I laughed along with some other people "Maybe, Cyrus." Mr Porter scoffed, "But you'll be switching blindfolds halfway through, so don't do anything you don't want to be done you. Okay?" No one responded.

"That means find a partner, or I'll find one for you." He looked at us. Tyler turned to Cyrus. "You'd think they'd run these class names by a focus group first 'Ass Class'. You're a pretty good artist," he complimented Cyrus' quote on quote drawing.

He looked at him then back at his book "Kind words from the master photographer." He replied I noticed Tyler got sad. "That was you, right? You won that photo contest with that night vision picture of the dog pissing last year?"
He shook his head.

"Punk rock, dude." He went back to his drawing. "Should we?" He asked, holding the blindfold in his hands. "Actually my girl is my partner in everything now" he placed his hand on my leg. "No, it's fine go ahead" I knew Tyler didn't have anyone.

"Why the hell not?" He took it from him. "Kinky", I giggled at his statement before looking for another partner.

~Timeskip~

I walked to meet Alex; he was in the pool with Zach. I bumped into Sherri. "Hey your back in school now", I mumbled. "Yeah I am" she gave me a nervous smile rubbing her hands together. "Well I gotta go somewhere catch you later" I placed my hands in my back pocket, rocking slightly. "Yeah", I walked off.

"Standall!" I yelled, walking closer to the pool. "Hey I'm done here", he replied. I watched Zach help him out of the pool. "Hey," Zach said to me. I waved politely in return. "I'll be waiting outside," I announced, walking to my car after the trial yesterday. My parents thought I was better enough to drive.

I sat on the hood and took out my phone
Cyrus💣
I'm going by my mom's after therapy so if I don't reply you know why

E❤
Sure. Have fun xx

"Hey, stranger!" I turned to see Monty. "Sup", I answered. "Haven't seen you much. Your back in school and I still haven't seen you," he explained. "Yeah well I don't feel like socialising" I shrugged. "Oh come on don't you miss me" he placed his hands on my side. I jumped away. "No! We hooked up that's all it was besides I have a boyfriend now."

He grunted, "You can't be serious with that emo asshole" I rolled my eyes at him. "I don't have time for your shit Monty" I unlocked the car to go sit inside. I opened the door, but he closed it. "Monty!"
"I like you, Ella. I could treat you way better than him," I pushed him. "Leave me alone!" I slipped into the car, locking the doors quickly.

He hit the hood and left.

•••

Knock knock
"Wake up!" I opened my eyes and saw Alex. I quickly unlocked the doors and turned the A/C off. "You fell asleep," he said when he got in the car. "Duh captain obvious" I rolled my eyes, putting on my seat belt.

"Why?" He asked, struggling a bit. "Do you need help with that?" I asked. "No, I got it" I started the car. "Monty was harassing me so I locked myself in while I waited on you A/C makes me sleepy", I explained, driving out of the school compound.

"Oh, okay. How was your day?"

"Fine, not much happened. And you?"

"The same everyone still refuses to let me hear the tapes."

"I wouldn't let you listen to them either."

"Are you serious?"

"Very now hush I'm driving"
We spent the afternoon at Monet's, catching up and talking whatever helped us fix our equally broken souls.